R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Chat Lounge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge-9/)
-   -   You play with toy cars!!! What do you say when on a Date with a Hot women guys??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/474435-you-play-toy-cars-what-do-you-say-when-date-hot-women-guys.html)

MadRacer 01-23-2011 06:35 PM

You play with toy cars!!! What do you say when on a Date with a Hot women guys???

Now this will be funny.

When i was single and looking for a girlfriend sooner or later more sooner i say they will ask you what do you do in your spare time. Gee saying i race R/C cars i always got a funny look. ( she is thinking are you serious ) .

Than i use to say i race cars and they thought thats cool. Than they want to come and watch so you take her to the track and she thinks WTF.:(

My current partner hates my r/c but if it wasn't for rc i wouldn't of never met her.

Ok so what do you say guys. ???? will be interesting to hear from all age groups. Im now 40. Younger men will find it more easy i say around 18.

Lets hear it guys..

tc5 man 01-23-2011 06:42 PM

yea, i dont get my women hate r/c racing its no diffrent than drag racing or stock car racing on the weekend heck its cheaper to race r/c so you can have extra money for her :D

thats a good one though :lol:

i guess if it was me i woulnt mention it espially if its a girl who acts like a girly girl lol.
im not 40 years old im in the mid 20 s .

koopesv 01-23-2011 06:52 PM

Yeah they never seem to understand at first until they see how much you spend on them. Some women think you will spend that kind of money on them :eek: But I cant support my RC hobby along with a woman purse hobby.

Signal151 01-23-2011 06:59 PM

Our local track back in the mid-90's used to run "powder puff" races one weekend every month. This is where the wives/girlfriends would be given a chance to race for fun. We'd set our throttle EPA to like 50% and let them go at it.

I took two different dates to the powder puff race to introduce them to my hobby and both of them had a great time, with much laughing and giggling. :nod:

The only drawback to the powder puff races was that marshalling them would kill you! They were always flipped or off the track, usually resulting in you chasing them around because they were too spastic to just let you pick them up and put them back on the track. :lol:

Now that I'm married, my wife is great about racing. She loves that I have a hobby that gets me out and moving around a lot. I don't think she's ever complained once about how much I spend. In fact my last two birthdays in a row her gifts were R/C stuff, including an 8IGHT-E 2.0 Race Roller! I was stunned!

ganymede 01-23-2011 06:59 PM

My wife has no qualms about my "toys" and I have no qualms about her shopping habits either... Win-win for both... :lol:

PFKAOG 01-23-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by MadRacer (Post 8535114)
Now this will be funny.

When i was single and looking for a girlfriend sooner or later more sooner i say they will ask you what do you do in your spare time. Gee saying i race R/C cars i always got a funny look. ( she is thinking are you serious ) .

Than i use to say i race cars and they thought thats cool. Than they want to come and watch so you take her to the track and she thinks WTF.:(

My current partner hates my r/c but if it wasn't for rc i wouldn't of never met her.

Ok so what do you say guys. ???? will be interesting to hear from all age groups. Im now 40. Younger men will find it more easy i say around 18.

Lets hear it guys..

All I say is " Hey, I'm good looking so do you you really care what hobbies I have?" Then I say " Lets go back to my place" and she forgets all about what she was talking about......

willbe 01-23-2011 07:06 PM

When it comes to women: if they cant pit me, I dont wanna em':)

tc5 man 01-23-2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by willbe (Post 8535321)
When it comes to women: if they cant pit me, I dont wanna em':)

:lol: dam right .

i have seen some wifes and guys girlfriends pit for them and do it good so its not all of them.
you always need someone to pit you in nitro .

PFKAOG 01-23-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MadRacer (Post 8535114)
Now this will be funny.

Lets hear it guys..

One item you cant forget......

I dont know about the tracks you hang out at but I think it's safe to say that if you look around at your fellow racers you'd agree that a lot of them would be lucky to get a girl in the first place...

uncle everett 01-23-2011 07:17 PM

What I say to her....

Swallow

fastlane225 01-23-2011 07:17 PM

Guess I lucked out cuz I met my wife when I was goin in circles racing stock cars so she understands I gotta tinker with somethin and r/c cars are ALOT cheaper than the big cars so she doesn't even think about complaining about what I spend on it. And on the rare occasion she gives me a little grief about it I go into the garage and fire up the racecar, then low and behold when I come back in the house she just looks at me and says point taken. HAHAHAHA!!! Plus I can always bring her with me to the track and say hey you can race too since girls race for free, then she can't say i don't do anything with her.

MCR82 01-23-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by fastlane225 (Post 8535407)
Guess I lucked out cuz my wife understands my need to compete. We met when I was goin in circles racing stock cars so she understands I gotta tinker with somethin and r/c cars are ALOT cheaper than the big cars so she doesn't even think about complaining about what i spend on it. And on the rare occasion she gives me a little grief about it I go into the garage and fire up the racecar, then low and behold when I come back in the house she just looks at me and says point taken. HAHAHAHA!!!

:lol::lol:

tc5 man 01-23-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by PFKAOG (Post 8535361)

I dont know about the tracks you hang out at but I think it's safe to say that if you look around at your fellow racers you'd agree that a lot of them would be lucky to get a girl in the first place...

i, do have to agree with that point on some of them not me though lol im so foused and thinking about racing when im at the track and working on them i tend to miss if there is any good looking women :lol:

MadRacer 01-23-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by PFKAOG (Post 8535361)

Are you saying we must be Ugly cuz we race r/c. LOL

tc5 man 01-23-2011 07:28 PM

mad racer : no, offense but some guys are but the saying goes just because a girl looks good doesnt mean she has a good personally or just be a you know what .

im not gay or anything like that by saying that lol.