Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
You play with toy cars!!! What do you say when on a Date with a Hot women guys??? >

You play with toy cars!!! What do you say when on a Date with a Hot women guys???

You play with toy cars!!! What do you say when on a Date with a Hot women guys???

Old 01-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If a new girlfriend asks what your hobbies/interests are, tell her that you are a local racing celebrity. Approach this hobby with a sense of humor so that the woman can see you are not obsessed by it (even if you are).

If the woman seems a little put off by "playing with toy cars", explain the positive social aspects of the hobby. Explain how many interesting people you have met and how it has benefitted you personally. For example if you race with someone who has a trade skill (electrician, contractor, etc), let her know how their knowledge/skills have benefitted you personally. This leads to my next point.

If money is an issue, break down how inexpensive this hobby is compared to other forms of entertainment. If you have some good numbers to compare (even if you have to guess-timate), it should show a woman that you are good with personal finances. Convince her that your hobby isn't a bottomless financial pit.

This has already been stated, but explain that this is one hobby where you can spend all day away from home and they won't have to worry about you being exposed to any unsavory influences (drinking, women, etc).

Lastly if a new girlfriend isn't able/willing to be supportive of your hobbies, it is time to move on. Now if she is a hot girlfriend, at least enjoy your time with her before going back to the track where women are usually nendangered species.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncle everett View Post
Swallow

Nice E! We should see you Saturday
Old 01-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

this thread is hilarious.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
I race very explosive small vehicles, that can easily take out a person in my spare time.

Perfect. You know that will get them thinking you're a keeper
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think I've ever been on an official "date" before. I've hooked up with girls at parties or a bar. I've had girls drive me home and then stay the night a few times, but I'm not familiar with this whole "dating" thing. I met my last girlfriend at a party. We hooked up that night and then kept going for a few years.

I'm not quite as pretty as I used to be, so I might eventually have to look into this "asking someone out on a date" thing. I'd be completely honest about everything though. "I race expensive toy cars. I probably won't spend much money on you and most of the time I'd rather just have sex than do the whole relationship thing" . If they aren't interested, at least i was honest and we wouldn't be wasting each other's time. If they are still interested, score!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked View Post
I don't think I've ever been on an official "date" before. I've hooked up with girls at parties or a bar. I've had girls drive me home and then stay the night a few times, but I'm not familiar with this whole "dating" thing. I met my last girlfriend at a party. We hooked up that night and then kept going for a few years.

I'm not quite as pretty as I used to be, so I might eventually have to look into this "asking someone out on a date" thing. I'd be completely honest about everything though. "I race expensive toy cars. I probably won't spend much money on you and most of the time I'd rather just have sex than do the whole relationship thing" . If they aren't interested, at least i was honest and we wouldn't be wasting each other's time. If they are still interested, score!
Wow....Are you a righty or lefty??? Cause I need to know whether or not I should shake your hand if we meet.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
Wow....Are you a righty or lefty??? Cause I need to know whether or not I should shake your hand if we meet.
I'm not fond of shaking hands. I prefer a fist bump. More sanitary. You never know what some people have been touching since the last time they washed their hands.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRacer View Post
Now this will be funny.

When i was single and looking for a girlfriend sooner or later more sooner i say they will ask you what do you do in your spare time. Gee saying i race R/C cars i always got a funny look. ( she is thinking are you serious ) .

Than i use to say i race cars and they thought thats cool. Than they want to come and watch so you take her to the track and she thinks WTF.

My current partner hates my r/c but if it wasn't for rc i wouldn't of never met her.

Ok so what do you say guys. ???? will be interesting to hear from all age groups. Im now 40. Younger men will find it more easy i say around 18.

Lets hear it guys..
I hear ya man. Im 30 years old, I have had several relationships
and they eventually found out I race R/C cars, and then they dumped me.

Ive had several freinds tell me thou that racing toy cars is childish...
But I dont feel it's childish, I have met really nice people having fun with the hobby.
Instead of having 3 basic freinds I have hundreds...

Im joking with ya pal, none of them women has dumped me for my hobby.

But it's funny to hear someone else's story...
Old 01-27-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
dam right .

i have seen some wifes and guys girlfriends pit for them and do it good so its not all of them.
you always need someone to pit you in nitro .
Dammmn .... my wife will not do that and i can accept that. ( I wont let my wife to do that either ).

For wives or girlfriends that are willing to do that, I really salute you. You are the best. All men should appreciate that !!

My girlfriend ( now is my wife ) doesn't like me playing rc..... it's kind of uncool hobby for her. Nevertheless she never gets in a way whenever I go rc racing. I can enjoy my day and come home dirty yeah !!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

I don't remember much about the part where I told my wife about 6 years ago that I am into r/c, it was obiously not enough of a concern to her that I like it.

I think I showed her a few videos of it on my mobile phone, and she was like mhm, ok. No further questions or requests to go to the track either.... LOL

She could be the next national champion. Or she could just hand me a huge parts bill after wrecking in minutes, or seconds...

Either way I think she would just shrug her shoulders and say, what's all the excitement about is it supposed to break like that?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

To the OP.

All someone needed to say to your question was "you don't say anything"

The end
Old 01-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Rookie

As a girl, I think it's hot when a guy gets into things like this! Any girl that wants to race with you or thinks your "toy cars" are cool is a total keeper!! If I meet a guy I tell him right away I race RC cars, sh*t he can be my "trophy girl"! lol I've already gotten a few guys into the sport it's so much more fun then it sounds!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by truckgirl85 View Post
As a girl, I think it's hot when a guy gets into things like this! Any girl that wants to race with you or thinks your "toy cars" are cool is a total keeper!! If I meet a guy I tell him right away I race RC cars, sh*t he can be my "trophy girl"! lol I've already gotten a few guys into the sport it's so much more fun then it sounds!
LOL.. My wife was totally giving me sh!t about buying a car (and then a second one) but the minute she had the transmitter in her hand going full bore in the rustler she broke out in a huge grin. Her words were "This shouldn't be so much fun but it is!". She doesn't like driving on the track yet but that is coming soon. She just needs a little practice.... And a new ride as the rustler isn't cutting it!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hlfbkd420 View Post
LOL.. My wife was totally giving me sh!t about buying a car (and then a second one) but the minute she had the transmitter in her hand going full bore in the rustler she broke out in a huge grin. Her words were "This shouldn't be so much fun but it is!". She doesn't like driving on the track yet but that is coming soon. She just needs a little practice.... And a new ride as the rustler isn't cutting it!
I first started with an SC10, great for beginners.
You should get her one and take her out to the track.
Have her race a beginer class (so funny to watch)