Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Greatest Comeback Ever??!!?? >

Greatest Comeback Ever??!!??

Greatest Comeback Ever??!!??

Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Greatest Comeback Ever??!!??

Anyone see the Eagles vs. Giants game? Holy Comeback Batman! I don't care what you say about Vick and his dogsitting business. He faded and colored the Giants in at the same time.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it sucked. he kicked our azz in like 8 minutes.

the man's got serious game.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ya that game was unbeliveble what a comeback.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Great comeback but not the greatest ever. Bills coming back to beat the oilers, THAT was the greatest comeback ever.

Like it or not, Vick IS the MVP this year. So I guess you could say his career is a great comeback as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yeah I guess thats why I rank it up there, considering where Vick was 2 years ago.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Great game, and I don't even like football. That aside, an asterisk by his name, always. Just like the roid boy, Bonds.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
That aside, an asterisk by his name, always. Just like the roid boy, Bonds.
+1
Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Lord

Great game, and I don't even like football. That aside, an asterisk by his name, always. Just like the roid boy, Bonds.
Why? The roid boys did it on the field. Their actions helped create the records they set. Nothing Vick did affected his game play. In fact, it hurt it by taking away a couple years from his career.

There will always be a stigma attached to his name for what he did, but no asterisks. There are plenty of other criminals in the various halls of fame, no asterisks for them either.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

I, personally, don't like how everyone went back on what they said. He was supposed to be "lucky" if he ever got to play again. Now they want him as MVP. That's my issue. I hate when people can't/don't/won't stick to their guns. I don't have anything against him doing well, or being an MVP, but I'm not gonna support it.

A persons word used to mean something, now it's just a means to something they want.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Lord

I always thought he would play again. Why?

Because he is the perfect QB for a struggling, bad team. You take a raw talent like Vick, stick him on a bad team and you will win a few games you shouldn't have and put fans in the seats. There will always be a team like the Raiders that will hire any talent, no matter how raw or stigmatized by off field antics.

What I didn't expect was him to be a starter with a serious contender. I never would have thought him the starter at Philly. It's really good luck that he wound up with a team and a coaching staff and a system that really suits him.

I should also point out, being a big VT fan I have been following him for a long time.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Lord

He was supposed to be "lucky" if he ever got to play again. Now they want him as MVP. That's my issue. I hate when people can't/don't/won't stick to their guns.
I should also point out, how many of "those people" said they didn't want him to play again? There is a difference between saying you don't think he will play and don't want him to play. Sure there were some but not all that many outside of PETA circles.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Oh no doubt, I never thought for a second that he wouldn't play again. I just don't like the talk while everyone was upset. I personally don't like to argue because of that, people say things, then they want to apologize. If you get me to argue and I hurt your feelings, don't think I'll be taking it back.

All the personal stuff aside, I can't believe the way the guy runs for being a quarterback. Seemingly fearless.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Me being an eagles fan since 04 this is the biggest improvment i have seen since 06. Not saying mcnabb was bad but Vick is unstopable now with a good o and d line. Now for that game what got Jackson to the inzone was crazy him dropping that ball bought him time for the d to open up and let him run right through now for the kicker hes retarded. Coming from the amazing redskins game take off to this ny comeback is somthing you hardly see happen to one team and all i gotta say is thanks to Reed and McNabb for letting Vick in on the team before McNabb left to Redskins.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Sorry but Vick is not unstopable or wil he be the MVP.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
Sorry but Vick is not unstopable or wil he be the MVP.
Not sure which game you were watching.. The guy has a cannon, reads defenses like a book and can run with some of the best in the game.

Everyone needs to let the dog fighting issue go, the guy did his time, lost millions not being able to play, has a huge black mark on his record and NONE of it has anything to do with the time he spends on the field. Everyone has skeletons, I could care less what he did a few years ago, the guy is a great QB and a very skilled player of the game.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.