Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
thoughts on integy parts? >

thoughts on integy parts?

thoughts on integy parts?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I used to use their piggyback shocks on my Maxxes, they worked very well.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05 View Post
right, i agree. now if someone owned integy parts, and they bent/broke, then i can see you would say integy is junk. but any part will bend or break at some point if you try hard enough.
Standard used to have a lifetime warranty on their bike parts. Do they suck because they don't now? No, people started to jump higher and ride harder.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

One word. "Junk"

-Shane
Old 12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Based upon which experiences?^^ Your own or others? Just asking.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

I wasted $100 on piggyback shocks for my X and the very first jump I made I came down on the passenger front and snapped both shock shafts.... all eight were destroyed in two weeks....... The only integy I use are their chassis braces (only because it is backed by quality HPI plates) and for mini stuff.... NEVER for 10th or larger ever again!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

I am amazed if people still buy these things .......

I'm not fan of integy brand. When I am looking at integy products, my eyes will inform my brain not to buy. I simply skip it and move on.

The problem with integy parts : same problem like Trinity brand, junk quality selling at normal price. Unless Integy wants to sell their products ultra cheap, then the rule "you get what you paid for" can be applied here. Customers have nothing to complain about.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I bought a set of their piggyback shocks for my 1st Tmaxx. They leaked new and I bent 2 shafts just driving up and down my paved driveway. Integy told me they wouldn't warranty them since I had installed them.

I had similar issues with their bulks. I don't buy anything Integy, there are other choices.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Their power board to use on my power supply seems to be reasonable, it handled two chargers and a set of tyre warmers just fine.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

well i bought the integy set-up station for 1/10. it was way off from even working. they must have larger 1/10 scale across the pond because this thing was 1/8th scale all day. so i returned it!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
I bought a set of their piggyback shocks for my 1st Tmaxx. They leaked new and I bent 2 shafts just driving up and down my paved driveway. Integy told me they wouldn't warranty them since I had installed them.

I had similar issues with their bulks. I don't buy anything Integy, there are other choices.
now this is what i dont understand. i heard before about integy warrantys. why wont they warranty anything that you use? i mean your not going to buy parts and leave them set! it would be different if a part broke due to your own fault or something. but of course your going to drive your vehicle with the parts. thats messed up! look at rpm, you break a part, they send you a new one. im not sure with other manufactors?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's true, awhile ago on another forum I visited somebody posted Integy's warranty info. It was a mass of legalese but basically the "warranty" is done the moment you take it out of the parts bag.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
It's true, awhile ago on another forum I visited somebody posted Integy's warranty info. It was a mass of legalese but basically the "warranty" is done the moment you take it out of the parts bag.
why do they even have a warranty? i mean nothing is going to happen to the part if you dont use it. what are you going to say " yea my integy a arms got bent setting on my table, i need to return them" wtf!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only time it could be applied is if you received a defective part. There's a joke in there, but I'm not going to say it...too easy...

The guy that brought it up was asking about the Integy front bulkheads he put on his T-Maxx and broke shortly after purchase (which led us to the warranty info). He posted a picture of the bulkhead too, wish I'd saved the pic. At first I thought other than a little dirt there was nothing wrong with it, until he pointed out the mounting point for the shock tower was gone. No, literally gone. I've got an E-Maxx, when you break the shock tower point on the bulkhead it snaps off through the bottom hole leaving a little nub with a threaded slot on top. But his broke off at the base of the mounting point, drawing a perfectly straight edge from the chassis mount to the bumper mount. Like you'd put the part in a vertical mill and machined the mount off, it was such a clean break I didn't even see it until he said something.

Again, sharp inside corners...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
The only time it could be applied is if you received a defective part. There's a joke in there, but I'm not going to say it...too easy...

The guy that brought it up was asking about the Integy front bulkheads he put on his T-Maxx and broke shortly after purchase (which led us to the warranty info). He posted a picture of the bulkhead too, wish I'd saved the pic. At first I thought other than a little dirt there was nothing wrong with it, until he pointed out the mounting point for the shock tower was gone. No, literally gone. I've got an E-Maxx, when you break the shock tower point on the bulkhead it snaps off through the bottom hole leaving a little nub with a threaded slot on top. But his broke off at the base of the mounting point, drawing a perfectly straight edge from the chassis mount to the bumper mount. Like you'd put the part in a vertical mill and machined the mount off, it was such a clean break I didn't even see it until he said something.

Again, sharp inside corners...
oh man i put integy bulkheads on the front of my t maxx and plan on getting them for the rear. i drove my maxx around the yard and road. but haven't really gotten to jump and drive on the track yet because of the weather. i was going to get the traxxas bulkheads, but when i was at my lhs, they only had the integys. and my front stock bulkhead was already cracked.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

They look cool
but you get what you pay for in this hobby
cheap = junk

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service