Prison Issue!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Prison Issue!

Hi all,

This is a scary thing to know, but we all kind of already.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...ual-punishment
Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing View Post
Hi all,

I guess they need to open Alcatraz back up
Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
I guess they need to open Alcatraz back up
Thats a great idea. I have been to Alcatraz. That was a spooky place.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Thats a great idea. I have been to Alcatraz. That was a spooky place.
I would love to go to Alcatraz.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

California is particularly bad but prison overcrowding is becoming pretty widespread. So much tax money has been put to work to lock people up, it's a shame there isn't much left to be put toward actually rehabilitating and educating prisoners with workable skills. True, some are simply beyond help, but many released people simply have no money, no skills, and no one to help them, and have no choice but to return to crime to survive, so they end up back in jail. The system sets people up for failure, so it's no wonder the United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Just building more jails, executing more prisoners, or God forbid, releasing them, won't fix this issue in my opinion.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Frozenshades View Post
California is particularly bad but prison overcrowding is becoming pretty widespread. So much tax money has been put to work to lock people up, it's a shame there isn't much left to be put toward actually rehabilitating and educating prisoners with workable skills. True, some are simply beyond help, but many released people simply have no money, no skills, and no one to help them, and have no choice but to return to crime to survive, so they end up back in jail. The system sets people up for failure, so it's no wonder the United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Just building more jails, executing more prisoners, or God forbid, releasing them, won't fix this issue in my opinion.
That is very good point that you brought up. I guess it always comes down to each prison and whether or not they have the budget for programs. But yes when they get released all they seem to really know is what got them in prison in the first place. So can we really blame them. I don't know.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is very good point that you brought up. I guess it always comes down to each prison and whether or not they have the budget for programs. But yes when they get released all they seem to really know is what got them in prison in the first place. So can we really blame them. I don't know.
Yeah. Very few prisons lack any education offered to inmates nowadays. And that means GED programs let alone college courses. It can be a tough trap to get out of.

Let me give you an example of this messed up system. My sociology professor told me this a few weeks ago actually. A couple years ago one of her friends from high school was in this area and got arrested for something ( I don't remember, charge is irrelevant), but she was held for some short length of time and released on probation with terms that she was not allowed to leave the city for 6 weeks, or some length of time like that, I forget the exact details. Her home, child, job, everything, was all in another area. The only person she knew here was my professor, and my prof was nice enough to let the woman stay with her. But what would she have done otherwise? Lived on the streets? Left illegally? Ended up back in jail? It's scary how you can get deprived of your resources and sucked in to the system. It's arguable, but sounds purposefully done to me, at least in this case.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It's time to build a fence around California.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frozenshades View Post
The system sets the people up for failure? Are you kidding? WHy are they in jail in the first place? Its not the system's job to get people jobs, morals and skills so they dont get in jail in the first place.

They have no choice? Really? How about getting a J O B? If you have no skills, its not the systems fault, its your own fault, you're (the prisoner) is the one that decided that comiting crime to make a living was easier than getting a job and learning some skills.

They go back to it because its easier than getting a job, its easier than working at a micky ds and getting yelled at for being late!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
Nope... a wall... with no doors. Then fill it with water!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Californias prisons are over populated mainly due to illegals, All the state prisons wouldn't have any kind of over population problems if they'd sack up and start executioning. Those states whom never stopped (yeah Teaxas and Fl !) need to do it in a more expediate way and stop all appeals. Guys on death row for years is BS, take the sack of garbage out back and put a bullet in his head.
3 strikes and your azz is dead !
Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all,

From that article:
The California Correctional Peace Officers Association agrees. "Due to overcrowding," lawyers for the group wrote in an amicus brief, "California uses converted gymnasiums to house hundreds of inmates on double- and triple-stacked bunks. In these prison 'dormitories' there are normally only one or two correctional officers to supervise approximately 200 inmates."
Double and triple stacked bunks? Oh no! You mean like we had in Boot Camp in the Marine Corps? Or like our Navy and Marine Corps have to live with on shipboard? Oh the horror!

Cry me a freakin' river...

Issues like this one concern me a lot more:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...d_legally.html

This guy gets 7 years when he was even trying to comply with the law.
Freakin' libtards.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cal needs Sheriff Joe Arpaio to run the states corrections system, problem solved!

Edit:
The country needs Joe to run Homeland Security
Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Nope... a wall... with no doors. Then fill it with water!
LMFAO!!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
Well not all of us are crazy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service