Prison Issue!

Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
Cal needs Sheriff Joe Arpaio to run the states corrections system, problem solved!

Edit:
The country needs Joe to run Homeland Security
Your kidding right? Beyond being self absorbed. He is corrupt and misuses his power for political ploys.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22963860/detail.html
Old 12-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
They have no choice? Really? How about getting a J O B? If you have no skills, its not the systems fault, its your own fault, you're (the prisoner) is the one that decided that comiting crime to make a living was easier than getting a job and learning some skills.:
Makes no sense. First you assume this is about work or the lack there of. What about say. Possession?

Only reason he got out was he could snitch.

Fights?

How is it totally someones fault if the system they are under does not allow access to said skills? Larger question I realize. But you assume that everyone has the same advantages everyone else does when growing up.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...videoId=219360
Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
Makes no sense. First you assume this is about work or the lack there of. What about say. Possession?

Fights?
Possession and fights are both things that they should know better...

How is it totally someones fault if the system they are under does not allow access to said skills? Larger question I realize. But you assume that everyone has the same advantages everyone else does when growing up.
Ok, let's talk about the advantages I had growing up:

My parents (mom and stepfather) lived in a 1-room shack with a dirt floor. My brother and I shared a tent. No running water, we had a well with a bucket and a rope. A stove made out of a 55-gallon drum was converted to a stove to heat the shack- no heat in the tent. Baths were taken in another 55-gallon drum, filled by hand from the well, OUTDOORS, no matter the weather. Hot water? Yeah, right. Washed my clothes in the same barrel. I got pretty good with an axe cutting firewood for the stove... and kept in shape with that and by hauling buckets of water to all the farm animals.

So excuse me if I don't buy the "I've had such a rough life" b.s.

You are accountable for your own actions. You choose what to make of yourself.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
My parents (mom and stepfather) lived in a 1-room shack with a dirt floor. My brother and I shared a tent. No running water, we had a well with a bucket and a rope. A stove made out of a 55-gallon drum was converted to a stove to heat the shack- no heat in the tent. Baths were taken in another 55-gallon drum, filled by hand from the well, OUTDOORS, no matter the weather. Hot water? Yeah, right. Washed my clothes in the same barrel. I got pretty good with an axe cutting firewood for the stove... and kept in shape with that and by hauling buckets of water to all the farm animals.

Yes and when I was your age I walked 5 miles to school through molten lava..

Yea. You ones are always the hardcore about this and cant see past your own circumstances. Let me ask. Did you have peer pressure or even threat if you didn't join a certain group? Sounds like you were in the rural area. Not Urban. Correct? Did your father press into you education? So how can you pass judgment on anothers circumstances to better themselves or not? Is everyone like you?

Will there be ones who escape? Yep. But you cant tell me that all that fail are failures and deserve such.

Now. Im NOT dismissing the poverty you had to go through as a child. I am saying however you CANNOT possibly use your own experience to then justify what other choices people have from your own viewpoint. Your life isnt bs. Just your excuse to judge others.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Yea. You ones are always the hardcore about this and cant see past your own circumstances. Let me ask. Did you have peer pressure or even threat if you didn't join a certain group?
Yes

Sounds like you were in the rural area. Not Urban. Correct?
Small (population of about 20,000 at that time) city. 25 miles or so from a major city.

Did your father press into you education?
English translation please...

So how can you pass judgment on anothers circumstances to better themselves or not?
Everyone has the choice to do something. Not everyone succeeds. I respect those who try and fail... I have NO respect for those who don't try. None whatsoever.

Is everyone like you?
Obviously not.

Will there be ones who escape? Yep. But you cant tell me that all that fail are failures and deserve such.
I didn't say that. But it is not an excuse for criminal behavior.

Now. Im NOT dismissing the poverty you had to go through as a child.
You did... with the very first line of your post.

I am saying however you CANNOT possibly use your own experience to then justify what other choices people have from your own viewpoint.
I certainly have a more valid viewpoint from which to judge it than the average person... I suspect a more valid one than you do, but I don't know that for certain.

Your life isnt bs. Just your excuse to judge others.
If so, how is your less "bs?"
Old 12-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Possession and fights are both things that they should know better...

Ok, let's talk about the advantages I had growing up:

Shoulda stay in that shack, could be livin' the life right now makin' them hard workers give you what's rightfully yours.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My father and 2 uncles grew up going to an inner city school in the South end of Columbus, OH. Pretty poor, lacking schools, not much escape. My father and one uncle retired as Fire Chiefs of Columbus and Orlando, Fl, and the other uncle retired as a Navy Cmdr. Seems like motivated people can beat the odds. My father raised me with out any handouts. When I graduated, he took me to the Navy recruiter and damn near signed my enlistment papers for me. Success seems to breed success, but it has to start some where. I had plenty of bad paths that I could have taken, just like the rest of my family. I have no compassion for these criminals in our society. Pretty easy..... Crime or no crime. Should have stayed in school and at least joined the Military. Live honorable or die!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think they ought to run all prisons like leavenworth and quit housing them at our expense put them on treadmills and let them generate electricity for us in 8 hour shifts now that is a hybrid
Old 12-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

Yea. You ones are always the hardcore about this and cant see past your own circumstances. Let me ask. Did you have peer pressure or even threat if you didn't join a certain group? Sounds like you were in the rural area. Not Urban. Correct? Did your father press into you education? So how can you pass judgment on anothers circumstances to better themselves or not? Is everyone like you?

Now. Im NOT dismissing the poverty you had to go through as a child. I am saying however you CANNOT possibly use your own experience to then justify what other choices people have from your own viewpoint. Your life isnt bs. Just your excuse to judge others.
I walked 15 miles "up hill" to and from school in the snow
Old 12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Fights?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...videoId=219360
Yours is the attitude that breeds crime. There is NO excuse, none, why somebody doesnt have an honest job and has to resort to crime. ANy job is better than no job, of course, if you have no skills most jobs you can get are not gonna be that good, but its still a job.
Instead they resort to crime because its a lot easier than having an honest job. We all have the same opportunities, its up to US(each individual) to take advantage of them!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

English translation please...
Even though your family was poor did your parents try to instill into you the value of education and responsibility?

Everyone has the choice to do something. Not everyone succeeds. I respect those who try and fail... I have NO respect for those who don't try. None whatsoever.
Thats the crutch. How can you know whom has and has not? Lets go from the opposite viewpoint. If everyone has the same ability of choice. No matter their circumstances in life they should end up in the same area correct? Explain the children of the rich please. (For that matter explain Paris Hilton *shudders*)

But it is not an excuse for criminal behavior.
There is no excuse beyond honest ignorance which is rare. However there is attempting to understand the underlining cause of the crime. There is also the idea the time should fit the crime.

You did... with the very first line of your post.
No. I was making a point about using ones own circumstance to bypass another personal experience.

I certainly have a more valid viewpoint from which to judge it than the average person... I suspect a more valid one than you do, but I don't know that for certain.
The point is do we have any right to judge without all the data?

If so, how is your less "bs?"
My life? Probably is BS. Im saying its BS though to use ones life to judge anothers worth.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Yours is the attitude that breeds crime. There is NO excuse, none, why somebody doesnt have an honest job and has to resort to crime. ANy job is better than no job, of course, if you have no skills most jobs you can get are not gonna be that good, but its still a job.
Instead they resort to crime because its a lot easier than having an honest job. We all have the same opportunities, its up to US(each individual) to take advantage of them!
Im not talking about excuse. Im talking about the factors behind what happened. Its not black and white beyond they did something wrong. The punishment should fit the intention.

Lets say we have a court case with two suspects who broke into a grocery store. One was to feed his family because he could not obtain a job fast enough. The other just to get money quickly for his personal use.

Do they both deserve the same sentence?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

that is absurd because if that was the case every crime would be committed with good intentions when it came time to face the judge more excuses is like more taxes no one wants them
Old 12-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robbiehth View Post
that is absurd because if that was the case every crime would be committed with good intentions when it came time to face the judge more excuses is like more taxes no one wants them
What? Why would every crime be committed with good intentions?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

lesser punishment

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service