Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
buying stuff from a LHS >

buying stuff from a LHS

buying stuff from a LHS

Old 12-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 366 (100%+)

If you'r local hobby store is just an overpriced way to get your parts/cars with out any help or advice, then fine........Dont support them.But if your Local hobby store has a track or sponsors racing events,and always helps you out with advise when youn need it.....then its your duty to support it.!!!! Whats wrong with you? So what if they make an extra five or ten bucks more than the internet guys? They have overhead costs and need to make their rent or morgage.What...... every body in this hobby knows that our choice of recreational activity is not a cheap one.And god forbid they make money right ???? I am not gonna say that everybody in this hobby is cheap, but I will say that loyalty is hard to come by.Its sad to see any hobby store go under, but even sadder to see a place that gave us a place to race, hang out with our buddies and escape from the every day issues. Racers sometimes shoot themselves in the foot ...over and over and over and over....over and over AGAIN.

Last edited by peter george; 12-02-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default LHS

I have purchased some rtrs at mine but only because if there is ever a problem it gets fixed immediately for free. The guys in there are always helpful and usually have what I need in the back.. I usually buy from Amain though because I get a good price delivered the very next day no exceptions....
Old 12-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
Hobbytown sucks They don't know nothing about r/c but could tell you everything you need to know about magic cards and kits.
100% Correct you must be talking about the hobby town in Frederick Md OR maybe every hobby town sucks for RC Now Days....