R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Chat Lounge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge-9/)
-   -   Gran Turismo Racing League (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/455438-gran-turismo-racing-league.html)

GundamWZero 11-23-2010 07:52 PM

Gran Turismo Racing League

Thought of an good idea....

Create a racing league for R/C Tech members and host the races through Teamspeak... hell, most of us get together for r/c racing at hobby tracks, so why not develop a league here? We can also develop racing classes (Novice, Stock, Modified) based on lap times. With the amount of guys getting the game and the guys who might pick up the platform, it could be a good turnout.

We can communicate through Teamspeak and post Qualifying days and times to set up the classes...

And since GT5 now has the weather engine working, you can be top qualifier on Tuesday for Wednesday race at Fuji, and get you settings thrown off when it rains on race day!!!

Good idea or bad one??? :D

And oh... say its bad and develop a league based off my idea without the credit to me... and I'll mail you a box of dog poo....:mad: Not to mention showing the world you are a poser...

geeunit1014 11-23-2010 10:00 PM

This makes me want to go buy a PS3 like yesterday.

Marcos.J 11-23-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 (Post 8252354)
This makes me want to go buy a PS3 like yesterday.

:nod:

tc3team 11-24-2010 02:49 AM

good idea :)

i'm hoping to get a ps3 in April.

SQC049 11-24-2010 07:09 AM

Picking up my copy of GT5 on lunch today, can't wait.

I'd be interested in an online league if you created one.

R40Victim 11-24-2010 07:22 AM

Well... is the game everything we'd hoped it would be?

GundamWZero 11-24-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by R40Victim (Post 8253695)
Well... is the game everything we'd hoped it would be?

I get mines later on this afternoon... UPS delivers to business first, residents second... but I do wished that I bought that G25 wheel when I had the chance to. :mad:

R40Victim 11-24-2010 12:55 PM

Man, I never could get a wheel to work for me. A few years back a friend had "The Best"(I have no idea what kind) wheel and pedal setup for PC. I couldn't do it... but I did pretty well with a joystick on GT3, and GT4.

I'm torn between this game and Black Ops. I'll prolly wait for the fanfare to die down and pick up a used copy for $30. :smile:

GundamWZero 11-24-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by R40Victim (Post 8254973)
Man, I never could get a wheel to work for me. A few years back a friend had "The Best"(I have no idea what kind) wheel and pedal setup for PC. I couldn't do it... but I did pretty well with a joystick on GT3, and GT4.

I'm torn between this game and Black Ops. I'll prolly wait for the fanfare to die down and pick up a used copy for $30. :smile:

I was going to get Black Ops, then I saw the GT5 was going to be released in like 4 days.... so I had to reallocate my funds. I'll pick up Black Ops next payday.
:D

Scooter79rs 11-24-2010 03:50 PM

This league idea intrigues me:cool:

GundamWZero 11-24-2010 06:04 PM

This League can work!!!

Check this out...

You can check on the progress of you friends on GT5: you can see their drivers profiles!! So you can ascertain which guy belongs in Modified and which one belongs in Novice!!!Also they have community rooms!!! We can also set up a system so that you must have the required licenses and driving level!!! So if you are a Level 5 driver trying to get into a Level 8 race... either we can set it up so you can't get in unless you meet the standards...

I still haven't fully messed around the online portion yet...:batman:

SloRacer1080 11-24-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by R40Victim (Post 8254973)

I have the Logitech Driving Force GT. It's the wheel with the Gran Turismo logo on the horn, and it's the wheel Polyphony Digital used while developing either GT4 or Prologue, I forget. It took a little getting used to, but after using the wheel, I suck with the controller. With the wheel you really can feel the road. When you oversteer and lose front traction, you can feel that. The list goes on, but in the end it was $150 very well spent.

GundamWZero 11-25-2010 04:37 PM

I ran a session online a few minutes ago; gameplay very smooth, no lag you even have a spectator room so they can watch (great idea for choosing classes). You even have in-game voice communication (which knock Teamspeak out).

Hey if we want to try this, let me know....

GundamWZero67 on the PSN

I may even setup a room so I can run through all its settings....:nod:

SloRacer1080 11-26-2010 10:29 AM

Just picked up the game this morning. So far not bad, I am disappointed about limited availability of in-car views however. Bumper cam just sucks, and when using the wheel it really takes away from the whole 'sim' experience. And for some reason I can't get the camera to work right for moving the camera around in the car with your face. It works in the settings menu, but the cam never turns on during any races. Other than that its all good. Glad to see rally came back, hopefully it's a little better than last time.

I started out with the Mazda Eunos Roadster (Miata). Walked all over the a.i. on the sunday cup twice, did some upgrades, now this thing rips, lol. Also picked up a 95 Acura Integra Type R.

Anyway, once it's done installing everything, I'll be back to it. Expect a friend request Gundam. Everyone else my PSN is : SloRacer1080 (surprise surprise:lol:)

locked 11-26-2010 10:50 AM

Do any of you guys just use a controller to race?

Doesn't it seem strange that the default configuration uses buttons for gas and brake? I switched it to the triggers on my friend's system, but it just seems weird they would make it on/off switches as the default. The fact you can control the cars at all like that just confirms my opinion that it's a nice looking arcade racer. A sim, it is not.