Gran Turismo Racing League >

Gran Turismo Racing League

Gran Turismo Racing League

Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
Well I could get the game today but I'm not willing to pay $30 extra

So I'll have to learn the tricks from Gundam and Slo ...and get laugh attacks reading your funny comments

Morten
Trust me, it will be worth the wait. Very fun game. Once you get it, make sure you have about 2 hours to kill before you expect to play it. Massive game install which might as well be required otherwise loading times are horrible. And they are up to patch 1.03 already. Last one being 145Mb. And you know the fun with updating anything on the ps3, first download, then install, yay! (my 1 gripe about the ps3)
Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

I had a really annoying 'vette in TG5p that kept snapping the back around when I drifted it around corners

Morten

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080 View Post
Trust me, it will be worth the wait. Very fun game. Once you get it, make sure you have about 2 hours to kill before you expect to play it. Massive game install which might as well be required otherwise loading times are horrible. And they are up to patch 1.03 already. Last one being 145Mb. And you know the fun with updating anything on the ps3, first download, then install, yay! (my 1 gripe about the ps3)
Ohh tell me about it
Old 12-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well yea of course an LSD would help. But i didn't think we weren't talking about them. When you said you were going to adjust the torque, I could only assume you meant the f/r bias. I haven't bothered getting an LSD in any of my cars yet. I don't really need it. I race usually with a slight inertia drift through the turns when using an AWD.

What I was getting at was with AWD adjusting the f/r bias will definitely change the way the car handles the twisties. It's counter-intuitive, as long as you have traction, accelerating just before the apex will suck the car in to the inside of the turn. Of course it is much easier said than done, but I do it everyday in my 1:1 car on the highway on/off ramps.
Geez... Alright I'll tell you and I 'll prove it to you tonight.

But first check this out:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5

Login in using your PSN account and be surprised.

Now... here is the problem with the GTR:

I still can't believe that a Anime Series like Initial D was so on point about a car...

The GTR weakness is still the same with its previous versions: the braking system. No matter how you adjust the brake controller, the car loses its ability to grip the road during turns after about 2 laps!! The brakes gives way quickly and either you have to increase your braking distance, or drive slower. That is why you have to put some distance from the pack, but to find them behind you at the last lap!!

What I am looking at is adjusting the front end so that it can sense when I let off the gas, it began slowing the car down (aka engine braking). That way, I don't have to rely on the brakes too much. The rear is already adjusted to provide 70% of the torque during acceleration, but I need the front end to provide up to 80% during deceleration without losing time.

Once I began the initial turn, the LSD in the front can help adjust for over/under steering and the rear LSD can handle any loss of grip during acceleration.....

That is my secret. If you ever show you at my races in your GTR, I will not race...

...well then again....

...you can't drive anyway. So that info will not help you!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Interesting site, not sure what I am supposed to be surprised at though?

I see your issue, but I don't have that same problem. Mine is pretty consistent once the tires got some heat in them. I don't need no stinkin' LSD
I've got my r&d info from GT1 up till now. I have my basic setups I always start with, depending on hp/chassis, and tweak from there. At this point it's second nature in this game.

And you're lucky I can't race you tonight. I work overnights. I do however have fri and sat nights off, so you can bet I'll be looking for ya

I'm guessing by the fact that you've dodged the question twice now, that you play with a controller?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting site, not sure what I am supposed to be surprised at though?

I see your issue, but I don't have that same problem. Mine is pretty consistent once the tires got some heat in them. I don't need no stinkin' LSD
I've got my r&d info from GT1 up till now. I have my basic setups I always start with, depending on hp/chassis, and tweak from there. At this point it's second nature in this game.

And you're lucky I can't race you tonight. I work overnights. I do however have fri and sat nights off, so you can bet I'll be looking for ya

I'm guessing by the fact that you've dodged the question twice now, that you play with a controller?
Oh I didn't even know you asked a question...

Yeah.... I run with a controller. I am waiting until my money is ripe to but the G25 or 27....

...and some PVC pipe....

.... and a pretty decent racing seat from the junkyard.....
Old 12-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Oh I didn't even know you asked a question...

Yeah.... I run with a controller. I am waiting until my money is ripe to but the G25 or 27....

...and some PVC pipe....

.... and a pretty decent racing seat from the junkyard.....
I noticed a HUGE difference in the feel of the car from using a controller to the Logitech steering wheel both in GT3, GT4 and GT5p

Oh I have a MOMO racing seat (from my rally car)
and I made a bracket for the steering wheel and seat

Morten
Old 12-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

I'd be willing to bet money that that's your issue. Probably oversteering it unintentionally. Honestly I think the G25/27 is wayyy to much money for a wheel setup. I got the Logitech Driving Force GT for $150 like 2 years ago. It still works great, makes the game a lot more fun, and at the same time allows you to get better at it.

Best part about this wheel is that it offers something none of the others have. That red wheel just to the lower right of the horn button. You use that and the up/down buttons directly to the left of the red wheel, to go through real time adjustments. You can adjust traction control, f/r bias, active stability on/off, abs strength, and individual front and rear brake powers, all on the fly in the middle of racing. Very useful.

Here's my simple setup. I'm using a tv dinner table. It works good, I only wish it was about an inch or two shorter, and heavier. I too want to eventually get a race seat setup, like something from Playseats.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

LOL 7 min. left

after a few month there was soo much slop in my steering wheel that I couldn't
drive with it
I made a few bearing seats for the "steering column" and used needle bearings
It held up for years but in the end, most of the micro pod meters were worn out

Is there bearings in the G25 or is that also plastic on plastic ?

Morten
Old 12-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Not sure about the bearings question. I imagine it does have them though. Mine is too smooth to just be plastic on plastic, so the g25 has gotta have them if I do.

Yeah, don't trust that 'time left' thing that comes up when installing gt5. Mine said 40mins right at the start, it took about an hour an half it sat on 2mins left for at least 20-30mins.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

HE HE
Well did a little search and I can't find any info on the G25
However
The G27 does have dual steel ball bearings

Yours, I'm not sure has bearings

Driving Force™ GT

G27 Racing Wheel
Steel ball bearings

Two sets of solid steel ball bearings support the wheel shaft for superb performance and long-term reliability.
Morten
Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

We're all ready for ya Gundam...

And you might as well just start remembering what this looks like now. You'll only be seeing this end of it...

Snoop... I noticed the G25 isn't listed on the Logitech site anymore. Maybe they stopped making it, and replaced it with the 27? Either way $300 just for wheel/pedals is a decent chunk of change. You could buy a new console for that.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Cool GTR Slo
Yeah I can find a few G25 on Amazon.co.uk but no info on there site about it
That G27 is the ultimate gamer wheel
I do just fine with the Forze GT

Morten
Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Well you are the one working triple shifts!!

If you see this pass you by:

Don't worry...

It's only me......
Old 12-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Caught a really odd glitch today. Started a race at Fuji Speedway with the GT-R. Got to the screen where you can adjust settings, exit, or start the race, and I was in full control of the car! I noticed it once my car got rear ended, and the wheel went nuts. Then I see all the cars take off except mine...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Did you fix it 'cos that's really odd

Morten

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.