Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Gran Turismo Racing League >

Gran Turismo Racing League

Gran Turismo Racing League

Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

looks like we may have to pit our GT-R Spec V's against each other. I've been tweaking mine here and there for the past 2 days. I have yet to lose a race with it. Also just won a Bugatti Veyron the other day, haven't played with it yet. And I've been working on a Maserati Granturismo S, my b-spec driver really likes that car He's been (what appears to be on purpose) drifting it around a lot of corners, and pretty well at that!

Did anyone else want to shoot themselves trying to find a sport truck? I was looking for like 3-4 days before one popped up at the used lot. Of course it was the SSR, but I was tired of waiting for a Dodge Ram.

Side Note - For anyone who hasn't started B-spec yet, do not sell the cars you used for races in A-spec. B-spec is a 100% copy of A-spec. Only thing different is the tire limits. I made that mistake and had to buy a few new cars plus some mods.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Yeah... just go to Practice, and pick out your track. Just don't forget to refuel at tracks that has pit stands, you do run out of fuel...
I have not been able to find the track in the list.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080 View Post
looks like we may have to pit our GT-R Spec V's against each other. I've been tweaking mine here and there for the past 2 days. I have yet to lose a race with it. Also just won a Bugatti Veyron the other day, haven't played with it yet. And I've been working on a Maserati Granturismo S, my b-spec driver really likes that car He's been (what appears to be on purpose) drifting it around a lot of corners, and pretty well at that!

Did anyone else want to shoot themselves trying to find a sport truck? I was looking for like 3-4 days before one popped up at the used lot. Of course it was the SSR, but I was tired of waiting for a Dodge Ram.

Side Note - For anyone who hasn't started B-spec yet, do not sell the cars you used for races in A-spec. B-spec is a 100% copy of A-spec. Only thing different is the tire limits. I made that mistake and had to buy a few new cars plus some mods.
I told you... the fastest car on GT 5 is the Spec V!!! On the short track, It decimates the Bugatti... that is why you won't see them run on Tsubusa (?) Circuit... after that it'll place second only to the Bugatti... That is why I don't even touch the car, too many people use it for the quick win. However, you have to tweak the GT-R Spec V to suit track conditions... it develops serious stability problems after a couple laps.

I think you win the Dodge Ram Laramie in one of the rally challenges... I am not too sure... hadn't messed with it anymore after the truck races.

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs View Post
I have not been able to find the track in the list.
If you haven't found a specific track you are looking for, then that means you haven't unlocked it yet. I have noticed that I can go online and run the Top Gear Track, but I don't have it in the Practice Mode. I haven't completed the challenge yet.

On a side note... I jumped into this room called Racing in Style...I thinking they are running high end cars like Mercedes, Maserati, and Lamborghini. So I jumped in with a Mercedes AMG 350. Well at least one Lambo was there...

So I switched to the room killer, the Spec V. I toyed around with the car for a bit then the host started the race.

What did he do that for?

From the starting horn I took the lead and was about two car lengths by the first turn of High Speed Ring. But by turn three the room host bumps me into the wall and took the lead. He blocked the entire first lap afterwards and eventually I spun out after catching my right tire in the grass during a turn.

But this is what he did after the race: He began changing the regulations to suit his fastest car... the Skyline GTR Nur edition!! People started leaving the room!!! He didn't have a decent car to win, so he changed the regulations so that he could!! Talk about sore losers!!!

I am going to work on the Spec V tonight... I am trying to adjust the torque on the AWD system so that the ***** *** begans to **** the car ******* before actually ********. I will also adjust the ********** ****** so that the car *********** the ***** more efficently.

* edited: track confidentiality
Old 12-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

I am going to work on the Spec V tonight... I am trying to adjust the torque on the AWD system so that the front end begins to turn the car slightly before actually steering. I will also adjust the suspension height so that the car accelerates? the turns more efficently.

* edited: track confidentiality
Hackzord
In the name of Wikileaks!! lol jk

Although I am curious how much I got right? Kinda felt like wheel of fortune there, but no wheel
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Hackzord
In the name of Wikileaks!! lol jk

Although I am curious how much I got right? Kinda felt like wheel of fortune there, but no wheel

ROFLMAO!!!!

Nice try... but you got it all wrong!! Sometimes keystrokes can't tell the difference from **** and ****. The only thing it got right is Front End.

And I bet it gets that wrong too!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Or I got it all right and that is just your ploy to throw us off...? lol

Come on the first sentence sounds 100 legit, not so confident on the second sentence. It doesn't really make sense, but thats all I could think of that fit the # of *'s.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

ROFLMAO!!!!

Nice try... but you got it all wrong!! Sometimes keystrokes can't tell the difference from **** and ****. The only thing it got right is Front End.

And I bet it gets that wrong too!!!

Wow if you would have used that information wikileaks gave you... you'd never win!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Or I got it all right and that is just your ploy to throw us off...? lol

Come on the first sentence sounds 100 legit, not so confident on the second sentence. It doesn't really make sense, but thats all I could think of that fit the # of *'s.

Oh no... I am serious. There is something really wrong with the GT-R Spec V on the track and I found it out last night... I'll let you know what it is after I fix it, because you will have the same problem too, if you bought the same things I did. I am all about fairness.

And the first sentence is really wrong. From the first blocked out word.

How can torque turn a car??
Old 12-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

...interesting... I really don't have an issue with mine. Only thing I still need to tweak, is softening up the suspension a little bit. You use a wheel or a controller?
Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

How can torque turn a car??
Please say you're joking.

It's an AWD car, torque plays a HUGE roll in turning the car. I drive an AWD everyday.

Torque may not be the appropriate word, it's how you deliver the power front/rear, and how much power, that will determine how the car steers through a turn.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

A little throttle control and you can pitch a 4x4 sideways

It's fun to read all your comments
I am SOOO jealous ...My GT5 won't be here until after Xmas

Morten
Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
A little throttle control and you can pitch a 4x4 sideways

It's fun to read all your comments
I am SOOO jealous ...My GT5 won't be here until after Xmas

Morten
+1
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Well I could get the game today but I'm not willing to pay $30 extra

So I'll have to learn the tricks from Gundam and Slo ...and get laugh attacks reading your funny comments

Morten
Old 12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Please say you're joking.

It's an AWD car, torque plays a HUGE roll in turning the car. I drive an AWD everyday.

Torque may not be the appropriate word, it's how you deliver the power front/rear, and how much power, that will determine how the car steers through a turn.
Okay...

Put your GTR on the track, drive it down the straight to the first turn and keep your hands off the wheel...

....let me know if adjusting the torque help gives to the edge in turning.

What you are actually talking about is the Limited Slip Differential (LSD). Adjusting that can help the GTR corner better... not the torque adjustment.

What adjusting the ****** can do is help **** the car without ******** any *******!!!

That is the problem with the GTR!!!

No trade secrets!!! I can give you the information...

...but then I have to kill you
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Well yea of course an LSD would help. But i didn't think we weren't talking about them. When you said you were going to adjust the torque, I could only assume you meant the f/r bias. I haven't bothered getting an LSD in any of my cars yet. I don't really need it. I race usually with a slight inertia drift through the turns when using an AWD.

What I was getting at was with AWD adjusting the f/r bias will definitely change the way the car handles the twisties. It's counter-intuitive, as long as you have traction, accelerating just before the apex will suck the car in to the inside of the turn. Of course it is much easier said than done, but I do it everyday in my 1:1 car on the highway on/off ramps.

BTW - still wanna know if you're wheelin or using a lame controller

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.