Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
9 days, 22 hrs.... and counting. >

9 days, 22 hrs.... and counting.

9 days, 22 hrs.... and counting.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just messed my pants, due to the post before me.

Now to post what I came in here for: Got the game today, mainly for the lady. She doesn't do gaming, and I don't do driving games. This is where we come together: This isn't a driving "game". Very excited to try this. Mainly look at it, we rented the Prologue and couldn't believe the graphics.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I love the GT series as much as everyone else but still have not found a reason to purchase a PS3. Forza 4 is in the works and slated for this coming summer. This will give microsoft the upperhand once again for Forza to become the better game. They are probably playing and studying GT5 right now discovering all of it's flaws thus allowing them to provide us with a more superb game. So many people are complaining about issues in the game and things that were left out. I thought the game was supposed to be perfection which is what I would have expected having to wait so many years for the actual release.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If you need a reason to purchase a PS3, look at it as an entertainment/media center. Get an XBOX for gaming, get a PS3 for everything else.....plus gaming.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

As a fan from day one, GT5 seemed more like a repolished GT4. Some things have been taken out, and some things put in. I like the game for what it is, but it feels more of the same.

That's both a good and bad thing.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Its like the evolution of a Porsche 911. No revolution, just evolution...

With that said, I was expecting GT5 to blow me away but it hasn't really. Oh well, I'll still log in countless hours probably.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall View Post
I love the GT series as much as everyone else but still have not found a reason to purchase a PS3. Forza 4 is in the works and slated for this coming summer. This will give microsoft the upperhand once again for Forza to become the better game. They are probably playing and studying GT5 right now discovering all of it's flaws thus allowing them to provide us with a more superb game. So many people are complaining about issues in the game and things that were left out. I thought the game was supposed to be perfection which is what I would have expected having to wait so many years for the actual release.
You see, that is the problem, Speedemall.... they are complaining because everything that was said to be in the game isn't readily available. They expected all what they heard to be right in their face, but they are now disappointed because they have to earn it.

They complain that the AI drives llike noobs.... well, they are at level 5 and they think they are Micheal Schumacher... well to GT5, level 5 is a noob level. Everything unlocks itself in GT5 with time and practice... Just like the damage, the AI level will increase as you level up. They drive like noobs now, but soon you (as well as others) will be complaining that the AI is too darn good and the can't win. Would it be fun to get a game and within 4 hours you have everything and is finished?

With that said, I am on lvl 17. If I smack the wall, my car handles funny... the front end is dented and chipped pretty bad and my top speed dropped dramatically. Even depending where and how bad I hit, the car pulls towards the damaged sides. At level 20, it gets even worse. And from what I have saw, it fully unlocks to full disabling damage at level 40.

You can also unlock tracks as well. When I first played the game I only had the F1 portion of the Nurburgring. When I completed the AMG training at beginner, I unlocked the 12 mile Nordschleife course. Now I unlocked Nurburgring V, which combines both the F1 course AND the Ring itself... and astonishing 15.18 mile course!! I had a guy come in last night an attempted to drift the entire course in a Nissan 300. I ran in the rear, watching him in my High End Performance G37. The online play looked so smooth, so clean, that I swore I was going to smell rubber....

Those who bought GT5 and thought that it was going to all in your face type experience, should have bought an Xbox and Forza 3. I like it the way it is... slowly unlocking itself as I progress. I know I am going to get frustrated beating a course, or leveling up, but that is just the nature of the beast... The rewards will be just as great... I completed all my licenses (Bronze of course) and I unlocked the Dodge Larime Hemi Quad Cab.

I know nobody woke up, grabbed a r/c radio and instantly was winning modified and stock races at the national level without ever running novice... it took long hours setting up you car and practicing. Same rules applies in GT5. I am going to enjoy this for what it is....

Or just to let you know, if you are on my PSN friends list and have GT5, I can jump right into the online room where you are racing. You can do the same. Look forward to racing you guys in either My 370Z (Z34) or '09 GT-R Spec V (R35).

And oh... please don't bring in the Bugatti Veryon. We all know its a fast car and it doesn't prove you are a better driver. Just that you can bounce off walls quickly.

Last edited by GundamWZero; 11-29-2010 at 06:49 PM.