R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Chat Lounge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge-9/)
-   -   Chat Lounge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/451554-chat-lounge.html)

Matt M. 11-10-2010 06:07 PM

Chat Lounge
 
ok, we have had some problems here recently.

here is the deal...

i do not care what you talk about, this is the chat lounge.it is for chatting

i do not care if you disagree,

i do care that you cannot agree to disagree, and continue dialog.

from here on in, anyone who uses inappropriate language, threatening other members, or is disrespectful to the moderation staff will receive the following discipline.

1st offense, 10 day suspension
2nd offense 30 day suspension
3rd offense, permanent suspension. (appeal at 6 months)

note:the appeal is to me, and me only, action will be at my discretion, and must be bought to my attention by the offending user.

BuggyKing 11-10-2010 06:10 PM

Ya seems latley have been a lot of member causing problems in the Chat Lounge. But yes some issues must be addressed.:nod:

Digit09 11-10-2010 06:16 PM

we need a RCTECH / MMA octagon!!!!

marooko 11-10-2010 06:45 PM

Thank you for saying MMA and not UFC. Would have been perfect if you said cage/ring, but it was freaking close to perfect. lol. This isn't to say i don't like UFC, I love it, but it's an MMA promotion. People forget that.

I like this idea, the suspension thing.

Phatkat 11-10-2010 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by Digit09 (Post 8193384)
we need a RCTECH / MMA octagon!!!!



Word.

I would get down wit' the get down.

GIX1000_07 11-10-2010 06:53 PM


Originally Posted by Matt M. (Post 8193352)
ok, we have had some problems here recently.

here is the deal...

i do not care what you talk about, this is the chat lounge.it is for chatting

i do not care if you disagree,

i do care that you cannot agree to disagree, and continue dialog.

from here on in, anyone who uses inappropriate language, threatening other members, or is disrespectful to the moderation staff will receive the following discipline.

1st offense, 10 day suspension
2nd offense 30 day suspension
3rd offense, permanent suspension. (appeal at 6 months)

note:the appeal is to me, and me only, action will be at my discretion, and must be bought to my attention by the offending user.

Sound more than fair to me!!!!

The only thing I would say is the mod staff needs to return the respect. I have seen post where they have been very rude to people and antagonistic.

You have to give respect to get respect.

This isnt intended to start a debate, it is simple my opinion

ekd 11-10-2010 06:53 PM


Originally Posted by Digit09 (Post 8193384)
we need a RCTECH / MMA octagon!!!!

I'm old. May I bring my shotgun?

:D

Phatkat 11-10-2010 07:01 PM


Originally Posted by ekd (Post 8193571)
I'm old. May I bring my shotgun?

:D



Why not? I can outrun bullets.:lol:

nitrodude 11-10-2010 07:03 PM


Originally Posted by BuggyKing (Post 8193365)
Ya seems latley have been a lot of member causing problems in the Chat Lounge. But yes some issues must be addressed.:nod:

No, there has only been ONE member causing problems, we all know who that is. He's new to the forum, and all he does is pick fights with people, one bad apple. He needs to be banned, forever.

ekd 11-10-2010 07:06 PM


Originally Posted by Phatkat (Post 8193620)
Why not? I can outrun bullets.:lol:

You have an intriguing skill set. We should party.

Matt M. 11-10-2010 07:12 PM


Originally Posted by GIX1000_07 (Post 8193569)
Sound more than fair to me!!!!

The only thing I would say is the mod staff needs to return the respect. I have seen post where they have been very rude to people and antagonistic.

You have to give respect to get respect.

This isnt intended to start a debate, it is simple my opinion

i agree.....i will admit, that i am at times short, however i am trying to better myself...

Phatkat 11-10-2010 07:31 PM


Originally Posted by Matt M. (Post 8193666)
i agree.....i will admit, that i am at times short, however i am trying to better myself...



That's admirable. I feel the same, about myself. The first, and biggest and toughest step, is admission of a problem. Next is fixing it. A tough step in it's own right.

Phatkat 11-10-2010 07:32 PM


Originally Posted by ekd (Post 8193646)
You have an intriguing skill set. We should party.



Thank you.

Makes getting beer from the fridge an awesome event, always a crowd pleaser.

Phatkat 11-10-2010 07:34 PM


Originally Posted by nitrodude (Post 8193637)
No, there has only been ONE member causing problems, we all know who that is. He's new to the forum, and all he does is pick fights with people, one bad apple. He needs to be banned, forever.



I wish I could agree publicly, but I would get in trouble.

Dave H 11-10-2010 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by Phatkat (Post 8193620)
Why not? I can outrun bullets.:lol:

Humm, are you related to Sheriff Bart, from Blazing Saddles fame? :)

Dave H 11-10-2010 08:48 PM

:lol: I just realized I messed up, your Jim, not Bart! :eek:

But your friends call you Jim.

(oops, sorry for outing you, better get the couch ready :lol:)

Oasis 11-10-2010 10:38 PM

Are you kidding me..:rolleyes:

GordonFreeman 11-11-2010 01:25 AM


Originally Posted by nitrodude (Post 8193637)
No, there has only been ONE member causing problems, we all know who that is. He's new to the forum, and all he does is pick fights with people, one bad apple. He needs to be banned, forever.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Oasis 11-11-2010 07:02 AM


Originally Posted by Dave H (Post 8194099)
:lol: I just realized I messed up, your Jim, not Bart! :eek:

But your friends call you Jim.

(oops, sorry for outing you, better get the couch ready :lol:)

Always figured "Kat" to be more of a "Waco
Kid" than anything else..

tc3team 11-11-2010 07:06 AM

Basic fact is, if you do the crime, you do the time.

Never been suspended, never intend to be :)

Let's all get along. If you can't, leave or ignore...

Sounds simple enough to me :nod:

Storydude1 11-11-2010 08:40 AM


Originally Posted by tc3team (Post 8195474)
Basic fact is, if you do the crime, you do the time.

Never been suspended, never intend to be :)

Let's all get along. If you can't, leave or ignore...

Sounds simple enough to me :nod:

Unless you cry to a Goderator, then Bannings go Pewf. :rolleyes:

tc3team 11-11-2010 09:26 AM


Originally Posted by Storydude1 (Post 8195753)
Unless you cry to a Goderator, then Bannings go Pewf. :rolleyes:

I've been an active user of rctech since my join date.


Imo if you have to doubt what you are posting, the chances are you shouldn't be posting it.

If you're not doubting yourself you have either not got anything to worry about - or you are not worried about the repercussions...

Storydude1 11-11-2010 09:35 AM


Originally Posted by tc3team (Post 8195913)
I've been an active user of rctech since my join date.


Imo if you have to doubt what you are posting, the chances are you shouldn't be posting it.

If you're not doubting yourself you have either not got anything to worry about - or you are not worried about the repercussions...

Or you send inflammatory PM's, get banned, then cry and pewf, lookie there! He's back! Wow, amazing how that happens!


Originally Posted by Matt M.
ok, phat, you are already suspended, your behavior is inexcusable. you have until the 20th off

story,

you are next, if there are any problems you are also gone untill the 20th.

the reason for the 20th is i am on vacation until then,

marcos will watch you un til i return, any arguments either in pm or in the open will be in play here...

i dont care if you dont get along, use the ignore button. i am trying to give each of you a chance.

take it, cool off and behave..

Nice to see some consistency in Moderation. :rolleyes:

joe of loath 11-11-2010 09:40 AM

O.o harsh, lets see if it works.

On the forum I mod, we just dish out warnings. 3 warnings is a permaban.

tc3team 11-11-2010 09:42 AM

Not taking sides on anything, that's probably why I don't get banned or suspended.

(Said in the nicest possible way)

Questions I ask myself....

Do I know any story in full? Do I ever want to get involved with it?

No. Not without facts.

Example - If someones bait a moderator, or have done, they can be in the firing line. Sounds fair to me. You don't get warned or banned for doing nothing.

If you've done something unknowingly, you're still the one using the keyboard, read up the rules.

If I doubt what i'm posting or PMing, I don't post/PM it, end of.

DOMIT 11-11-2010 09:47 AM


Originally Posted by Matt M. (Post 8193666)
i agree.....i will admit, that i am at times short, however i am trying to better myself...

Hmmm... get tall shoes? :lol:

I'm waiting to see if someone manages to get THIS thread locked. :lol:

(No, that is NOT a dare to any of y'all.)

marooko 11-11-2010 09:50 AM

It's already on it's way, with people posting PM's and all.

Storydude1 11-11-2010 09:59 AM


Originally Posted by marooko (Post 8196029)
It's already on it's way, with people posting PM's and all.

Maybe if Moderators would stand by rulings, pm's wouldn't be posted.

Oh, and for those concerned, read the 5th line in his PM.

Personal privacy is NOT in effect on RCtech. Nice to see they loaded the "pm Hack" on this VBB install. :rolleyes:

marooko 11-11-2010 10:08 AM

If you came in to my house, the only place you could expect privacy is in the bathroom. I don't see any bathrooms here.

locked 11-11-2010 10:11 AM

Maybe all of you that get riled up should just take a break from posting in the chat lounge. If you can't do that, at least stop with the political stuff. You'll never change each others opinions. It's pointless and just devolves into the most pathetic playground style arguments.

Storydude1 11-11-2010 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by marooko (Post 8196087)
If you came in to my house, the only place you could expect privacy is in the bathroom. I don't see any bathrooms here.

So, the ability for a select few to read private messages doesn't bother you?

Funny seems there are about 1200 transactions taking place on this board a day and an unscrupulous individual would have all sorts of paypal addresses, email addresses, and personal addresses.

Yep, no worries about identity theft there. :rolleyes:

marooko 11-11-2010 10:33 AM

Oh no, they can send you spam or money. Yikes. They don't provide a "personal" service, this is a public message board. While I may or may not like their ability to see PM's, I've agreed to it, so have you. Just as yourself, I can have my account deleted whenever I feel like leaving.

That's what pisses me off about people going to the military and thinking it's OK to not follow orders. You're not gonna join my team and tell me what to do, I'm not hiring for that position.

Marcos.J 11-11-2010 10:39 AM


Originally Posted by Storydude1 (Post 8195952)
Or you send inflammatory PM's, get banned, then cry and pewf, lookie there! He's back! Wow, amazing how that happens!



Nice to see some consistency in Moderation. :rolleyes:

Story u don't know when to quit now u are posting pm's from the site admin, for what? Tale some time off and chill out

DOMIT 11-11-2010 10:41 AM


Originally Posted by marooko (Post 8196189)
Oh no, they can send you spam or money. Yikes. They don't provide a "personal" service, this is a public message board. While I may or may not like their ability to see PM's, I've agreed to it, so have you. Just as yourself, I can have my account deleted whenever I feel like leaving.

That's what pisses me off about people going to the military and thinking it's OK to not follow orders.

Yeah, try THAT in The Corps. :lol:



You're not gonna join my team and tell me what to do, I'm not hiring for that position.



That's a GREAT quote! :nod:

marooko 11-11-2010 10:45 AM

Thank you. That was the nicest and shortest way for me to put it.

I was not allowed to join The Corps due to a medical issue. I could have fought it, but I feel that would have been completely disrespectful.

sx8123 11-11-2010 10:49 AM

So, it seems the Moderators want to play this game. Like it would be that easy to get rid of me. :lol:

Keep banning them, the only way to remove me now is an IP ban. which also will wipe out the ability of a great many users to access this site :lol:

Hope you enjoy the ride!

5 Usernames made today, 10 the last week, 50 since I've been here....


consistency. I will teach you it.

sx8123 11-11-2010 10:51 AM


Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 8196211)
Story u don't know when to quit now u are posting pm's from the site admin, for what? Tale some time off and chill out

Maybe to point out the Goderation that is RCtech.

Cry enough and wow, bans removed. Never mind that you coddle criminals, scammers and phishers here.

Have fun! Maybe I'll Goatse the entire forum just for fun today.....

Marcos.J 11-11-2010 10:55 AM


Originally Posted by sx8123 (Post 8196245)
So, it seems the Moderators want to play this game. Like it would be that easy to get rid of me. :lol:

Keep banning them, the only way to remove me now is an IP ban. which also will wipe out the ability of a great many users to access this site :lol:

Hope you enjoy the ride!

5 Usernames made today, 10 the last week, 50 since I've been here....


consistency. I will teach you it.

that can be done

DOMIT 11-11-2010 10:57 AM


Originally Posted by marooko (Post 8196228)
Thank you. That was the nicest and shortest way for me to put it.

I was not allowed to join The Corps due to a medical issue. I could have fought it, but I feel that would have been completely disrespectful.

Sorry to hear that... those medical rules are there to protect you AND the other Marines. Kudos for wanting to join though. I ALMOST didn't make it in, also for medical reason... I had to have an extra examination by a specialist to make sure an ankle injury from high school football didn't impair my abilities. (It didn't, but they're careful about that stuff.)

And I really mean that... I plan to shamelessly steal that quote. :lol:

Oasis 11-11-2010 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by sx8123 (Post 8196250)
Maybe to point out the Goderation that is RCtech.

Cry enough and wow, bans removed. Never mind that you coddle criminals, scammers and phishers here.

Have fun! Maybe I'll Goatse the entire forum just for fun today.....

That's " alleged criminal"..;)


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:14 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.