R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #31
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
If you came in to my house, the only place you could expect privacy is in the bathroom. I don't see any bathrooms here.
So, the ability for a select few to read private messages doesn't bother you?

Funny seems there are about 1200 transactions taking place on this board a day and an unscrupulous individual would have all sorts of paypal addresses, email addresses, and personal addresses.

Yep, no worries about identity theft there.
Storydude1 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #32
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Oh no, they can send you spam or money. Yikes. They don't provide a "personal" service, this is a public message board. While I may or may not like their ability to see PM's, I've agreed to it, so have you. Just as yourself, I can have my account deleted whenever I feel like leaving.

That's what pisses me off about people going to the military and thinking it's OK to not follow orders. You're not gonna join my team and tell me what to do, I'm not hiring for that position.
marooko is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #33
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storydude1 View Post
Or you send inflammatory PM's, get banned, then cry and pewf, lookie there! He's back! Wow, amazing how that happens!



Nice to see some consistency in Moderation.
Story u don't know when to quit now u are posting pm's from the site admin, for what? Tale some time off and chill out
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Oh no, they can send you spam or money. Yikes. They don't provide a "personal" service, this is a public message board. While I may or may not like their ability to see PM's, I've agreed to it, so have you. Just as yourself, I can have my account deleted whenever I feel like leaving.

That's what pisses me off about people going to the military and thinking it's OK to not follow orders.
Yeah, try THAT in The Corps.

Quote:

You're not gonna join my team and tell me what to do, I'm not hiring for that position.


That's a GREAT quote!
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thank you. That was the nicest and shortest way for me to put it.

I was not allowed to join The Corps due to a medical issue. I could have fought it, but I feel that would have been completely disrespectful.
marooko is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #36
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Default

So, it seems the Moderators want to play this game. Like it would be that easy to get rid of me.

Keep banning them, the only way to remove me now is an IP ban. which also will wipe out the ability of a great many users to access this site

Hope you enjoy the ride!

5 Usernames made today, 10 the last week, 50 since I've been here....


consistency. I will teach you it.
sx8123 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #37
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Story u don't know when to quit now u are posting pm's from the site admin, for what? Tale some time off and chill out
Maybe to point out the Goderation that is RCtech.

Cry enough and wow, bans removed. Never mind that you coddle criminals, scammers and phishers here.

Have fun! Maybe I'll Goatse the entire forum just for fun today.....
sx8123 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #38
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx8123 View Post
So, it seems the Moderators want to play this game. Like it would be that easy to get rid of me.

Keep banning them, the only way to remove me now is an IP ban. which also will wipe out the ability of a great many users to access this site

Hope you enjoy the ride!

5 Usernames made today, 10 the last week, 50 since I've been here....


consistency. I will teach you it.
that can be done
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #39
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Thank you. That was the nicest and shortest way for me to put it.

I was not allowed to join The Corps due to a medical issue. I could have fought it, but I feel that would have been completely disrespectful.
Sorry to hear that... those medical rules are there to protect you AND the other Marines. Kudos for wanting to join though. I ALMOST didn't make it in, also for medical reason... I had to have an extra examination by a specialist to make sure an ankle injury from high school football didn't impair my abilities. (It didn't, but they're careful about that stuff.)

And I really mean that... I plan to shamelessly steal that quote.
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #40
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,336
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx8123 View Post
Maybe to point out the Goderation that is RCtech.

Cry enough and wow, bans removed. Never mind that you coddle criminals, scammers and phishers here.

Have fun! Maybe I'll Goatse the entire forum just for fun today.....
That's " alleged criminal"..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #41
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Well, as long as you and I both know where it came from. lol

The safety issue is exactly the reason. I wasn't planning on sitting behind a desk, so it's definitely possible I could have been a liability. My want to join isn't as important as the people lives on the line.

Thank you for your service.
marooko is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #42
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Guess who's back...Back again.


come on. IP ban me already. I'ma laugh when any comcast, ATT, TMo and Nexux users cannot access anymore.

Which proxy will I use next!

Stay tuned and find out!
Macosmitty is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #43
Suspended
 
GordonFreeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reality
Posts: 1,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macosmitty View Post
Guess who's back...Back again.

Which proxy will I use next!

Stay tuned and find out!
Watch out for psychopaths with guns, bad combination.
__________________
We are the borg, you will conform, you will be assimilated. You will not stalk me to another web site.
GordonFreeman is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #44
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Hmm, maybe MArcos has to ask up the foodchain about what to do. I know he's just HOVERING over that "ban IP range" button.
Macosmitty is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #45
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Maybe he'll do an IP range search ad see the MASSIVE block of usernames he'll ban......
Macosmitty is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Chat Lounge....final resting place for unwanted, exiled threads. McSmooth Chat Lounge 10 03-20-2007 05:34 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:20 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net