Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
California reduces possession of marijuana from misdemeanor to “infraction” >

California reduces possession of marijuana from misdemeanor to “infraction”

California reduces possession of marijuana from misdemeanor to “infraction”

Old 10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I do agree that california's medical marijuana program needs more regulations and much stricter guidelines, and just an FYI..I was in the military for 6 years, and did have a TS security clearance and I did work for a "security" company overseas. I have no record, I don't do drugs or drink.

drink,
damn, your boring

I joke
Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
damn, your boring

I joke
and he plays with toy cars..
Old 10-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080 View Post
I'm not all political, but I hate laws like this. Seatbelt laws, helmet laws, etc.. If you are too stupid to realize the reason these safety items are around, then don't use them, get yourself killed in an accident and save the rest of us the burden of dealing with another dumbass walking the streets among us. The pussification of America continues...
I have mixed feelings on helmet laws. While a helmet DOES help prevent or lessen head injury... it also restricts peripheral vision and hearing, and for that reason can actually increase the chance of an accident.

Oh... one more thing: Loud pipes save lives!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do agree that california's medical marijuana program needs more regulations and much stricter guidelines, and just an FYI..I was in the military for 6 years, and did have a TS security clearance and I did work for a "security" company overseas. I have no record, I don't do drugs or drink.

drink,
Ummmm... working for a "security" company overseas is NOT exactly a high recommendation...
Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Ummmm... working for a "security" company overseas is NOT exactly a high recommendation...
The company that I worked for was on the up and up (well as much as para-military can be). It was not in South America or Mexico, and in the 80's their were no jobs (remember Carter)..so I took a job that I was trained for, the pay was pretty good..I only have a "few nightmares" every now and again..
Old 10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

drink,
Hmm I was in the military too 22 years ago ( damm I'm old) and I wouldn't be or was allowed to say what security clearance I had or not ( I can't confirm or denied that statement
Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Hmm I was in the military too 22 years ago ( damm I'm old) and I wouldn't be or was allowed to say what security clearance I had or not ( I can't confirm or denied that statement
It's been longer than that for me..
In fact I had to "get permission" to leave the US for 10 years after I got out..it has to do with relevance..I would hope that things that "I knew" would not be security issues 35 years later..
Old 10-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

It's been longer than that for me..
In fact I had to "get permission" to leave the US for 10 years after I got out..it has to do with relevance..I would hope that things that "I knew" would not be security issues 35 years later..
you never know , there are things that i cant even talk about the good thing was that it only took a 5 minute call to get hired as a police officer after i got out of the USMC
Old 10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

While I agree that helmet and seatbelt laws are annoying, you both don't realize that they don't really exist to protect you, they are really for protecting the one that hits you (or you if you hit someone else). Here is why:

You accidentally run a stop sign and t-bone someone that wasn't wearing a seatbelt and gets seriously injured. You are responsible for the crash and are liable for their injuries. But, if they had been wearing a seatbelt, they would have sustained only minor injuries and you wouldn't be on the hook for a multi-million dollar lawsuit.

Despite all the talk about such laws saving lives, it's all really about liability.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

22 years ago was just yesterday, back when I stormed the shores of Tripoli, oooor was that VietNam....

hmm, where was I going with this?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
While I agree that helmet and seatbelt laws are annoying, you both don't realize that they don't really exist to protect you, they are really for protecting the one that hits you (or you if you hit someone else). Here is why:

You accidentally run a stop sign and t-bone someone that wasn't wearing a seatbelt and gets seriously injured. You are responsible for the crash and are liable for their injuries. But, if they had been wearing a seatbelt, they would have sustained only minor injuries and you wouldn't be on the hook for a multi-million dollar lawsuit.

Despite all the talk about such laws saving lives, it's all really about liability.
im a firm believer on the seat belt , i worked many crashes involving fatalities and if some of those victims were wearing their seat belts they could be very well much alive today. something so simple to use and people still refuse to wear it.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
22 years ago was just yesterday, back when I stormed the shores of Tripoli, oooor was that VietNam....

hmm, where was I going with this?
lol , I met a vietnam Medal Of Honor veteran last week , wow that was an honor!!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Lord

lol , I met a vietnam Medal Of Honor veteran last week , wow that was an honor!!
I served with one, just an ordinary guy..a really brave ordinary guy....
I was in from 1970 to 1976..and Marcos I was also in places where "we" were never in also....and their are a few things that I will never speak of..even if it was ok to do so..some things are better off not said..
Old 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

their are a few things that I will never speak of..even if it was ok to do so..some things are better off not said..
we agree on something
Old 10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

I served with one, just an ordinary guy..a really brave ordinary guy....
I was in from 1970 to 1976..and Marcos I was also in places where "we" were never in also....and their are a few things that I will never speak of..even if it was ok to do so..some things are better off not said..
I would never admit to being in those places, you know the ones with the red light by the door either, never ever never!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service