Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
what would you do . scammer story >

what would you do . scammer story

what would you do . scammer story

Old 09-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default what would you do . scammer story

Long story short , a trade agreement was set . Ship the same day and priority (i even let the guy keep the 30.00 that he said he would throw in to sweeten the deal, to help him with shipping). I print a shipping label through paypal. I come up with another Item he was more intrested in trading, so we agree on another item , I cancel my paypal shipping label stop the package at the postoffice ( just dropped it off an hour before) repack new trade Item print shipping label. I dont hear from the guy for a day and a half , he calls at close to midnight and says he got an eviction notice and had 2 days to move out and would get in in the mail tomorrow. day three dont hear anyhting till 4pm . finally get a call with a legit tracking number. I go to the post office and happend to use the old paypal shipping lable that I previously cancled. The lady was holding the box knowing that Im am down there shipping or picking up stuff DAILY. I decide to hold my package after seeing several post , granted older post , but still several post of him being a scammer with several different online names all linking to his real name , the one on my package. Am I right to hold my stuff till my Item arrives. it should be here tues-wed according to tracking. I never had a bad feedback on over 200 sales and trades . Ive also never been burned or came even close to a situation like this. Im trading my item to him for a friend that gave me something that I already sold . So if it goes wrong I would owe my friend a brushless emaxx and be out a Mini E revo . Any suggestions? sorry for the book
Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i would hold up on it. Its only gonna be a couple of days and if you get his stuff id send it next day air just to make up for i but i dont think youll see anything.jmo
Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
i would hold up on it. Its only gonna be a couple of days and if you get his stuff id send it next day air just to make up for i but i dont think youll see anything.jmo
+1.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

so we agree to have me ship next day and then the puke opens a paypal claim against me .
Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

he calls at close to midnight and says he got an eviction notice and had 2 days to move out

Bullhockey.

EVERY STATE allows for a 30 mday notice on eviction.

He's scamming you. Flat rate boxes of Dogcrap would be showing up in his mail weekly till he shipped.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hope it wasn't this guy: RCaddict0.

a.k.a. Jim Baker....
Old 09-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

nope not rcaddict , almost guy the shaft from him but I looked him up first.I bet if I just gave his initaials and what state he lived in a dozen people could post a story about him , insnt that right D S from OR . So after I see this paypal disput he put against me for 20.00 I call paypal talked to Rich , and he TOLD ME not to ship till my buggy arrives and then ship my box . And to use the priority labe I printed from paypal so it can be tracked and not claimed to be missing or damaged . Just document my box , and photos of contents signed by my postmaster if they would . I told them I could get a notary from my bank and he said even better. I told the paypal guy I agreed to next day air when I got my box after this ordeal and he said its up me but he wouldnt since I already printed and paid for a lable . I will probably ship next day just to get him out of my hair.