Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Ripped off by Axiom Motors.. Anybody else?? >

Ripped off by Axiom Motors.. Anybody else??

Ripped off by Axiom Motors.. Anybody else??

Old 01-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
You sound just like Dave. FULL of excuses. All of your statements are business issues. I am a customer that had a issue with a business that did not live up to my expectations. I dealt with many companies on the internet and shipping was within days, the most was 2.5 weeks (international delivery). Reread the first post that started this entire thread I had a similair issue.

Whatever!!! It's now water under the bridge. Finally received items from Axiom after repeated request for a refund due to non shippment. I will never buy from them again. PERIOD...
Are they excuses or things that can possibly happen in the real world to any online business?

I do not run a business, nor do I have any interest in running a business. I am trying to inform you that despite what you think may be true, there are other circumstances beyond anybody's control that are always in play.

If you have dealt with many other companies in the past that you have had no issues with, then why take your business somewhere else? Personally, I would rather pay a little more for proven reliable service than try to nickel and dime my way to an early grave.

Yes, there are times when you have no choice but to order from a different company but here is where a little bit of work saves a lot of aggrivation in the long run:
  • Is there a contact phone number? If yes, call to see if working before placing the order. If no, RED FLAG! AVOID!!
  • Is there a physical address? If yes, do a search to verify if it is a real address or not. If no, RED FLAG! AVOID!!

I did look at the Axiom Motors website and I was not able to find either a phone number or a physical address. I would not used there services based on those two things alone.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
Are they excuses or things that can possibly happen in the real world to any online business?

I do not run a business, nor do I have any interest in running a business. I am trying to inform you that despite what you think may be true, there are other circumstances beyond anybody's control that are always in play.

If you have dealt with many other companies in the past that you have had no issues with, then why take your business somewhere else? Personally, I would rather pay a little more for proven reliable service than try to nickel and dime my way to an early grave.

Yes, there are times when you have no choice but to order from a different company but here is where a little bit of work saves a lot of aggrivation in the long run:
  • Is there a contact phone number? If yes, call to see if working before placing the order. If no, RED FLAG! AVOID!!
  • Is there a physical address? If yes, do a search to verify if it is a real address or not. If no, RED FLAG! AVOID!!

I did look at the Axiom Motors website and I was not able to find either a phone number or a physical address. I would not used there services based on those two things alone.
Literally 2 seconds doing a whois search yields the name, address, phone number and email address of the domain owner.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
Literally 2 seconds doing a whois search yields the name, address, phone number and email address of the domain owner.
Wrong.

I have used WhoisGuard on all my websites. Not that it mattered because most times I wouldn't even bother putting correct information (name, address, phone number) because I like my privacy.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Wrong.

I have used WhoisGuard on all my websites. Not that it mattered because most times I wouldn't even bother putting correct information (name, address, phone number) because I like my privacy.
Wrong nothing, if the moderators wouldnt hit me with an infraction I would post it.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
Wrong nothing, if the moderators wouldnt hit me with an infraction I would post it.
Post what? Information that anybody can find using simple google search?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you were screwed by them and it was the type you are talking about, then you might want to see a doctor about that.

Everything else is your own fault for not taking the necessary steps to protect yourself from Internet fraud.

lol. I think fabulous is venting... Blaming him from getting ripped off is low....
Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Payment was received within minutes - probably because it was set up to do so automatically.

item wasn't shipped until disputed with PayPal a month later - maybe there were computer problems, sickness or death in the family, disgruntled employee, supplier problems... Computer problems, you run a business you should have more than just 1.. Death in the family he would say something. Disgruntled employee wouldnt have anything to do with it. Supplier problems is still on you, if there is something worng you need to let people before hand.

After repeated e-mails including to Dave nothing was being done until it was disputed - spam filter from mail server could have been automatically deleting emails without the person's knowledge.
Spam filter doesnt work like that. It wont throw someones email in spam.

Im just saying. With any of those that is not really an excuse.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
lol. I think fabulous is venting... Blaming him from getting ripped off is low....
If a person knowing walks in front of a bus knowing full well that it cannot stop in time and possibly might kill them in the end, who gets the blame?

A) The bus driver for not being able to stop the bus in a safe manner without risking injury and/or death to himself, the passengers and other people in the immediate area.

B) The person that is stupid enough to walk in front of the bus knowing full well the consequences that would happen if they did so?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post
Spam filter doesnt work like that. It wont throw someones email in spam.

Im just saying. With any of those that is not really an excuse.
My personal email anti-spam filter does: MailWasher Pro

I never said it was an excuse, I am saying that things beyond any body's control (reality) happens.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

If I ran a business, and was going through some issues that would prevent me from dealing with things in a timely manner, I would at least set up an out-reply for emails that were incoming.... something to let those who were trying to reach me know that there was a valid reason for the delays. FB? Throw up a post. Webpage? This is a two-way street. Too bad people have been going through this, I remember about 6-7 years ago some guys running those motors and being pretty fast with them....
Old 01-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Longhair =

Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
If I ran a business, and was going through some issues that would prevent me from dealing with things in a timely manner, I would at least set up an out-reply for emails that were incoming.... something to let those who were trying to reach me know that there was a valid reason for the delays. FB? Throw up a post. Webpage? This is a two-way street. Too bad people have been going through this, I remember about 6-7 years ago some guys running those motors and being pretty fast with them....
I'm sure half of the people ordering wouldn't even bother reading the automatic reply and would complain anyways