Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
The worst generation.. >

The worst generation..

The worst generation..

Old 09-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default The worst generation..

Boomers invented political correctness that has destroyed education in our country. Boomers have turned colleges into indoctrination centers and high schools into holding pens. You don’t expand your mind in college you learn to join an identity group or you learn to duck the crap that comes your way. Boomers use schools to indoctrinate and impose their non value values on others.

Boomers spent the wealth of future generations to perpetuate poverty and strife in the US. Boomers have thrown money at race and poverty and achieved a stunning voter loyalty based on the perpetuation of misery and anger that will sooner or later tear us apart. Crime was not so bad in the great depression because people, when asked if they considered doing illegal things to get by, said that they had not because stealing would have been “wrong”. When the next depression comes the boomers have seen to it that all notions of right and wrong are socially generated and so they conclude that right and wrong are “relative”.*

Boomers save no money, as a rule, and have erected a debt culture that will destroy the US. Heaven forbid that a boomer delay gratification in our consumer, youth driven culture. A depression is inevitable because the money is simply gone. There is no social security.* There is no Medicare. Its all a house of cards that is going to come down any day now.* The idea that government can help us with social programs is utterly disproven and discredited.* Denial is all that remains for us and that too will be gone within a generation.*
Boomers were so concerned about the environment they have blocked any attempt to solve our energy problems. The fact is that we need refineries to be built, we need clean coal and nuclear energy and we have to drill our own country for oil.* Conservation alone has been a disaster and may destroy our children’s future for generations to come. No environmentalist Boomer, and aren’t they all environmentalist Boomers, would even think of compromising with the “corporate polluters”.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

They're also responsible for the car alarm...grrrr
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Boomers invented political correctness that has destroyed education in our country. Boomers have turned colleges into indoctrination centers and high schools into holding pens. You don’t expand your mind in college you learn to join an identity group or you learn to duck the crap that comes your way. Boomers use schools to indoctrinate and impose their non value values on others.

Boomers spent the wealth of future generations to perpetuate poverty and strife in the US. Boomers have thrown money at race and poverty and achieved a stunning voter loyalty based on the perpetuation of misery and anger that will sooner or later tear us apart. Crime was not so bad in the great depression because people, when asked if they considered doing illegal things to get by, said that they had not because stealing would have been “wrong”. When the next depression comes the boomers have seen to it that all notions of right and wrong are socially generated and so they conclude that right and wrong are “relative”.*

Boomers save no money, as a rule, and have erected a debt culture that will destroy the US. Heaven forbid that a boomer delay gratification in our consumer, youth driven culture. A depression is inevitable because the money is simply gone. There is no social security.* There is no Medicare. Its all a house of cards that is going to come down any day now.* The idea that government can help us with social programs is utterly disproven and discredited.* Denial is all that remains for us and that too will be gone within a generation.*
Boomers were so concerned about the environment they have blocked any attempt to solve our energy problems. The fact is that we need refineries to be built, we need clean coal and nuclear energy and we have to drill our own country for oil.* Conservation alone has been a disaster and may destroy our children’s future for generations to come. No environmentalist Boomer, and aren’t they all environmentalist Boomers, would even think of compromising with the “corporate polluters”.
Very well said,and oh so sadly true!+1
Old 09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah the education system has become overly sensitive. Political correctness has become excessive. I mean, who is really going to use the phrase "differently abled" rather than just saying handicapped. And who is honestly going to be offended by the word handicapped?

Control of language is power, but that power only exists if you let it. There are some limits that exist for a reason, but as for the ludicrous excessive standards, I care not. If the people sitting in big offices who make those rules don't like it, well they can do their best to silence me. And most of my professors seem to feel the same way.

As far as economics goes yes that is true. To put it bluntly, I suppose I could put it that the elder generation screwed us. But oh well, there is no perfection in life. My surroundings are irrelevant to the fact that I will do my best to forge my own path. I would hold no grudge against those who led us into this situation, and hopefully there are others with this same mind set. These are the times we have been given and must do the best we can to right these past mistakes. If a true depression does come, the best must be hoped for. It is often so much easier to see the flaws in the world over the goodness that does still exist. And while tragedy can bring out the worst in some people, in many it may also bring out the best.

Maybe the future doesn't look the brightest right now, but you can be damn sure I'm far from ready to give up on my family, my friends, and my country.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yes it sure has been it seems.