TV Value?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default TV Value?

I have a 50" Hitatchi HD rear projection TV with Component/Composite & S-Video inputs. No HDMI or DVI. This was purchased new in 2002 for $1599.00

Is there any value to this TV? I'd like to sell it but don't know if its even worth the effort in posting on Craigslist.

ty
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drusillus View Post
I have a 50" Hitatchi HD rear projection TV with Component/Composite & S-Video inputs. No HDMI or DVI. This was purchased new in 2002 for $1599.00

Is there any value to this TV? I'd like to sell it but don't know if its even worth the effort in posting on Craigslist.

ty
You sound like a guy trying to sell a bad ass steam engine in the 1950s.... Wish I could be more help.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Given that you can buy a brand new 50" plasma starting at about $650 (look online) I'd say maybe a few hundred.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

$150-$250 at most....
Old 08-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

A few questions..what format is it? DLP, LCD..when was the last bulb replacement? and if the original bulb is still in it, how many hours is on the TV. I had a 52" Toshiba DLP (TI series2) that I would put up against any plasma tv for picture quality..whatever you wanted it for..better TV hands down, but it was about 12 inches deep so it wasn't as cool as the new flat screens..but here's the problem with any rear projection TV..bulbs are not cheap, my Toshibas bulb lasted about 3500 hours. The bulb cost $250 online, local they wanted $445..for a bulb! some brands are more and some are less, this is one of the reasons on the low resale values..good luck on selling it..
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
A few questions..what format is it? DLP, LCD..when was the last bulb replacement? and if the original bulb is still in it, how many hours is on the TV. I had a 52" Toshiba DLP (TI series2) that I would put up against any plasma tv for picture quality..whatever you wanted it for..better TV hands down, but it was about 12 inches deep so it wasn't as cool as the new flat screens..but here's the problem with any rear projection TV..bulbs are not cheap, my Toshibas bulb lasted about 3500 hours. The bulb cost $250 online, local they wanted $445..for a bulb! some brands are more and some are less, this is one of the reasons on the low resale values..good luck on selling it..
Yeah. I had an old 65 inch projection HDTV and the bulb was several hundred dollars to replace.

Its worth it to try to sell it because any little bit is better than nothing, but if it doesn't sell its not worth repairing once it dies. Junk it and get a new one at that point. The new LED televisions cost a pretty penny but the quality is superb.