Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

WOW I need to put the energy drinks down
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Until RC racing is broacasted nationwide on real networks with commentators that the sporting world recognizes, then and only then will I consider it a sport. Lets WAKE UP everyone because radio controlled toys "although some very expensive and addictiong" is just a hobby.
So if Football suddenly lost all popularity, and was no longer broadcast, and virtually ignored; Would it suddenly loose its status as a "Real Sport"?
Am I correct in assuming that you consider anything with national attention and fans a sport? That means Court Preceding, Trials, all sorts of things become sports. Reality TV, is that a sport? Fans, national attention, people doing commentary about it, favorite "Players" etc... Is Real World VS Road Rules a Sport? They compete, have fans, national coverage, etc...

It should come down to the individual. Some people play with them in their yards, those are bashers. Some people take them to the track and compete, those are racers. Some people are so good, that manufacturers realize they can apply their labels to the winning car and sell more products, those are Sponsored Drivers.

Its a Hobby for the first group, a hobby and/or a sport for the next group and DEFINITELY a sport for the guys getting paid to do it.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Of course its a sport that's just my opinion.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
So if Football suddenly lost all popularity, and was no longer broadcast, and virtually ignored; Would it suddenly loose its status as a "Real Sport"?
Am I correct in assuming that you consider anything with national attention and fans a sport? That means Court Preceding, Trials, all sorts of things become sports. Reality TV, is that a sport? Fans, national attention, people doing commentary about it, favorite "Players" etc... Is Real World VS Road Rules a Sport? They compete, have fans, national coverage, etc...

Absolutely. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I was just expressing mine. I could be wrong.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Auto racing, sky diving, and bullfighting are sports. Everything else is just a game.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Absolutely. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I was just expressing mine. I could be wrong.
Of course; just pointing out that there's no real good concrete criteria. I laugh when people call some things sports... like Fishing. I "accept" that its a sport, but it certainly strains the feasibility. Really, you sit in a boat and cast a line out... then you wait. That just doesn't seem very sportsmanlike. But if you said that to a "Sport Fisherman" he'd get real butt hurt real fast.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJ Weaver View Post
Well if you think shooting par is so easy then why don't you play on the tour? I shoot mid 70s pretty consistently and there is still a ton of things I need to work on. To shoot in the 60s...it takes skill. Played hockey for a couple years (LW), didn't get into it that much. Not doubt, it takes skill but Golf is harder.

Hitting a 1.5" ball into a 4.5" Hole 500 yards in 4-5 strokes vs. Hitting a 3" Puck into a 6x4 Net

In Golf, every stroke counts. In Hockey, you can keep swinging away until the puck goes in. I never played Hockey at a high level (3 years of Middle School) so I can't really say much about it.
Well for one I played Goaile in hockey..it's a bit harder to STOP a 3" puck from going into a 4x6 net than what you think, I think..well maybe I could have turned pro in golf..but then again their are thousands upon thousands of guys that shoot par..plus it's easier to hustle guys like you in golf..
Old 08-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post

It should come down to the individual. Some people play with them in their yards, those are bashers. Some people take them to the track and compete, those are racers. Some people are so good, that manufacturers realize they can apply their labels to the winning car and sell more products, those are Sponsored Drivers.

Its a Hobby for the first group, a hobby and/or a sport for the next group and DEFINITELY a sport for the guys getting paid to do it.

i think r/c racing is a sport, even at a club racing level i mean some guys spend $1000 on thier rides and some dont like me and still be competive so if you are racing, every weekend and going to other tracks than yea its a sport.

the biggest joke of all is poker on tv thats defielty not a sport lol.
i dont even know how golf is ethier lol.

oh yea and turn marshalling also, that can be a a chore it self getting hit in the foot my guys who are bad drivers and running.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
Turn Marshaling is more of a sport than R/C Racing.

+1
Old 08-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
RC is a hobby. RC Racing is a sport.

Just as if racing is a sport. Only 1/10th scale. Bout 10 times as tense and fast.
That's how i see it.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
That's how i see it.
+1 r/c racing at any level, to me is a sport not just r/c which is a basher.
it takes focus on that drivers, stand when its 90 degress outside and humit and trying to focus at the same time.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks for bringing me back out.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
thanks for bringing me back out.
Back out of what..?
The closet..
Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 376 (100%+)

If it has wheels......its a sport....-....if it uses a ball .......its a game-I don't play games.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

I retract my statements. I now believe that rc racing is now, ready for this. A Competitive Hobby! Whatcha think? I know, cool huh. I don't at all blame you for wanting to add that to your sig

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.