Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
This guy stole my truck... >

This guy stole my truck...

This guy stole my truck...

Old 10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Unhappy This sucks

You are right. Attempting to justify what I did more than likely just dug my hole deeper. And just repeating my self and my side was stupid. I was wrong in about every way. I should have done what was right and returned it. Really now that I think about it..The damage is done. Im banned from all my favorite RC sites, no one will deal with me or treat me with any respect. This kinda sucks. Im thinkin that even what Im doing now is useless. I mean my internet RC life is over. No matter what I do..
Old 10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

He's making it right. Not to you, but to the person whom he wronged. That's what matters here. Take from that what each of you will, or don't.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0 View Post
You are right. Attempting to justify what I did more than likely just dug my hole deeper. And just repeating my self and my side was stupid. I was wrong in about every way. I should have done what was right and returned it. Really now that I think about it..The damage is done. Im banned from all my favorite RC sites, no one will deal with me or treat me with any respect. This kinda sucks. Im thinkin that even what Im doing now is useless. I mean my internet RC life is over. No matter what I do..
Regardless, you still need to send him the truck. Respect it something that is earned. you're just gonna have to give it a try and see what happens, maybe someone will risk dealing with you.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
He's making it right. Not to you, but to the person whom he wronged. That's what matters here. Take from that what each of you will, or don't.
+1 the guy made a bad decision and at least he has the courage to try and make it right . How many of us have did something stupid everyone should get a second chance . The only one who deserves a apology is the op but this guy comes on here and asked everyone for forgiveness in my book that means something. If you choose to do business with him or not is your choice but please don't flame him for doing the right thing
Old 10-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Especially because the posts WILL be reported. Enough of this thread. The personal info went way too far. Public or not, the rules state it is NOT to be posted here.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:47 PM
JEG
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

To be honest I agree. I did what I did before he came and apologized and before he decided to make it right. RCAddict I think if you follow through and with your previous good deals you have made I am sure there will be people who will consider making deals with you. Don't let one person speak for everyone. He can only tell you what he would or would not do. He can not tell you what anyone else would. Your doing the right thing and you did apologize. I think that says something and I know you have earned back some respect in my book and once AK gets the RC you will have earned more respect by following through with a agreement made.

Originally Posted by race raider View Post
+1 the guy made a bad decision and at least he has the courage to try and make it right . How many of us have did something stupid everyone should get a second chance . The only one who deserves a apology is the op but this guy comes on here and asked everyone for forgiveness in my book that means something. If you choose to do business with him or not is your choice but please don't flame him for doing the right thing
Old 10-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEG View Post
To be honest I agree. I did what I did before he came and apologized and before he decided to make it right. RCAddict I think if you follow through and with your previous good deals you have made I am sure there will be people who will consider making deals with you. Don't let one person speak for everyone. He can only tell you what he would or would not do. He can not tell you what anyone else would. Your doing the right thing and you did apologize. I think that says something and I know you have earned back some respect in my book and once AK gets the RC you will have earned more respect by following through with a agreement made.
That's basically what I've been trying to say, you have to earn respect back, this is how you do it by making things right. And I wasn't saying no one will deal with you again, I'm stating that is will take time. No one now is trying to "flame" him, just stating an opinion.

Right now I think everyone is jumping the gun honestly, the package hasn't even been mailed.
An apology is just a word. The action is what matters.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

I still have full intentions of sending Jay the truck. No matter how everything else pans out. It does suck that I burned myself by just keeping the MERV. Then telling myself "it OK, he tried to send you junk!" Then to go as far and try to justify it to everyone else here. I hope that in time after Jay gets it that people will atleast give me a chance in time. I was telling the truth about my past life style. I ended up at the end of the road through substance abuse and came very close to losing everything I cared about. One day I stopped and saw where I was and got into recovery. I started to go back to the church that I was raised in, started to attend NA. Then with this big hole in my life that needed filled. My only hobby was a very bad one. So I picked up an Evader BX on Ebay with a few Nimh packs, peak charger and some parts. Always had a thing with RCs as a child and idled the GrassHopper I remember seeing as a child. With that buggy sprung a whole new life. I loved RC so much I couldnt imagine buying drugs instead of a new digital servo or sweet new shell for a truck. This also in time lead me to the internet sites like RC Junkyard and URC. I found a whole new set of people to talk to and a fun hobby that got me higher than any drug ever could. I mean 50mph rippin across the dirt, hittin a jump and clearing 10 ft. of air! I was hooked! I guess some of that crappy thinking and descision making is still there and needs to be worked on. Ive always been a good guy raised with good morals and values. Some where along the line I lost my faith and went down a dark road that shouldnt have been traveled. But I know now what I did to Jay was WRONG in every way. I should be punished. Maybe being banned from sites that I liked so much was God teaching me a lesson. He left mt RC Tech thou! I was shocked that the MODS didnt boot me from here to. But like I said..Maybe losing the others was the big guys way of teaching me a lesson and leaving this one so I didnt fall back to my old lifestyle. I honestly enjoy these forums and talkin RC as much as running them and building them. But again guys, I know what I did was wrong, I admit it and accept the repercushins of my choices. And even if I get booted from here tonight and everyone hates me I still will mend this and get Jay his RC.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Best scammer thread in at least a year. My favorite one involved that scammer from Washington. I believe his name was "NW Corey" It cracks me up how these scammers think they can get away with this kind of stuff in the age of the interwebs. I apologize in advance to all of the decent guys who live near this scammer, but I will bever deal with anyone who asks me to ship something to Martin's Ferry, OH.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
Best scammer thread in at least a year. My favorite one involved that scammer from Washington. I believe his name was "NW Corey" It cracks me up how these scammers think they can get away with this kind of stuff in the age of the interwebs. I apologize in advance to all of the decent guys who live near this scammer, but I will bever deal with anyone who asks me to ship something to Martin's Ferry, OH.
Sounds good!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

issued warning

Last edited by Marcos.J; 10-11-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: easy there keyboard commando
Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

that sucks..
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Oh WOW! For some reason I have not gotten an email alert since page 8! I just came here to update everyone and say that RcAdict0 had offered me the RC18T and apologized. But apparently we are way beyond that. haha

So, he has sent many pics of the truck to me, and even retaken them after the first set had a date stamp from a couple years ago ( I know I don't always keep the date set right on my camera) and he also added written notes with the current date in the pics. I really want to believe everything he has said so far, even after the payment plan deal fell through a week ago or so.

And to the person that thought he should send me the e-revo in his signature, well, that would be nice but honestly I don't think I could accept that. It just wouldn't be fair. Although I have gotten out of the 18th scale scene for the most part; hence why I was trading the MERV in the first place, I have always wanted to try out the 18T's, and as they say, "An 18th for an 18th" <Trying a little humor here...

Either way, if the truck does arrive as described I will be deleting his personal info that I posted and closing this thread. As I told RCaddict0 that I would. And while I probably wouldn't deal with him again, if he were to ship first or send payment first I probably would. Never have been good at holding grudges.
So, there may still be hope for him to regain his creditability. And I would hate to see someone walk away from RC, especially if it meant returning to a BAD habit.

And if I did violate the forum rules by posting his personal info I do apologize. I did not want to do it, and thought along time about it, but at that point I felt I had no other course. Like I said, I will delete his info and close this thread after updating it, if the truck arrives as described.

Thank you
Old 10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

last warning

Last edited by Marcos.J; 10-11-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just a small update:
I received another picture today, this one of the 18T packed in a box. Should be getting tracking number tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.