Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Drugs at the race track, socially acceptable? >

Drugs at the race track, socially acceptable?

Drugs at the race track, socially acceptable?

Old 07-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekd View Post
Just another case of another common courtesy lost, and yet more rules needed. WTF is wrong with us???

I would no sooner display my legal use of weed, than I would make a spectacle of taking the pills it has replaced.

If it is restricted to adults by law, it has no place at a track with kids around. I don't care what it is. If you don't care what impression you are making on other people's kids... you don't belong there either.

Am I being simple minded here?
If you wanna call it that. But some find it too complex to understand and follow. Go figure.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
If you wanna call it that. But some find it too complex to understand and follow. Go figure.
How very true. Its sad that something as seemingly simple as some basic courtesy and common sense seems to elude many people. Its safe to say I'm in with pretty much everyone else that legal or not, public displays of substance use are completely inappropriate. Though many others have certainly seen far worse, in my measly 18 years of life I feel like I have seen plenty of violence and indecency in this world. The world is a rough place so I wish people could work together to make hobbies a source of an enjoyable respite from our troubles and a time for family friendly fun, not another source of problems and conflicts.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Champion

Another outdoor track I frequent has a lot of younger members, with adults smoking around them, it never appears to be a problem and the issue has never been brought up by their parents afaik.

I don't see the younger members smoking either, so not all kids are influenced imho. The ones I see are focused only on racing.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow never thought i would see a thread like this on here . this should not even be a problem, when your at the track its to race not to get high or drunk or whatever . and as mentioned already many times it is a family sport in most cases . i have nothing against pot at all but have some consideration if you are going to smoke it do it at home not at the track . imo beer shouldn't be there either but that's just 2 coins from a nobody
Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I to never thought I would see a thread like this on any RC site...considering
this is a family included hobby.And that goes for the out of hand drinker's
that think they can "Marshall" the race.

All common sense is lost if someone need to explain the idea behind" Keep
it at home"
Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

No drugs, No drinking and no smoking of anykind should be allowed at eh track. As others have stated, it's a family oriented hobby. Show some common courtesy.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have never smoked pot and never will unless it is legalized. I have nothing against it, it is just a plant grown out of the ground. It would be the same as smoking the leaves on the tree in your front yard if they buzzed you. It isn't like crack, or meth, that is chemically combined and seriously messes you up. Heck, if it was legal, I wouldn't touch alcohol I'd just smoke pot. I think alcohol is worse.

Rant aside, no matter what, I don't think pot or alcohol or any other type of stimulant, I guess I could say, should be allowed at the track.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supamagician View Post
I have never smoked pot and never will unless it is legalized. I have nothing against it, it is just a plant grown out of the ground. It would be the same as smoking the leaves on the tree in your front yard if they buzzed you. It isn't like crack, or meth, that is chemically combined and seriously messes you up. Heck, if it was legal, I wouldn't touch alcohol I'd just smoke pot. I think alcohol is worse.

Rant aside, no matter what, I don't think pot or alcohol or any other type of stimulant, I guess I could say, should be allowed at the track.
No stimulants? Now, I NEED my 5 hour energy drink!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Driver86 View Post
No stimulants? Now, I NEED my 5 hour energy drink!
HAHA welllll you guys know what I meant. Believe me, sometimes I feel the same way lol