Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Amain shipping??? >

Amain shipping???

Amain shipping???

Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Amain shipping???

Ok so I was going to put a order in from amain and I go to the shipping section. Well Im going threw and for the cheapest shipping it was going to cost me 41 dollors. That's just crazy, my order was 97.00. Do any of you guys might now why this is. All I'm ordering is TQ parts and some tires.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow that's expensive I was looking at a kit from them and the shipping was like $15 and that's pretty much across the country USPS . Were you looking at all there shipping options ?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
Wow that's expensive I was looking at a kit from them and the shipping was like $15 and that's pretty much across the country USPS . Were you looking at all there shipping options ?
Yup
Old 07-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What shipping option you chose?

I just ordered 3 separate orders from them in the last 2 weeks and none were over $9 shipping. ( From CA to WI )

What the hell did you order? A weight bench and a rack of dumb-bells?
Old 07-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just got an order from them today - order was placed early Thurs and was USPS (which is my preference) cost $3.47 to ship a $6 item (that I needed badly).

I'm not sure, but think you must be doing something wrong. You don't have to use the shipping option that comes up - I usually charge to another shipping option.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

not just him...I just ordered a 2 new bodies today one buggy and one truggy...usps priority was going to run me 38.41!! never have I been charged that much before from them...snail mail was like 21.00...I got ups ground for like 14.00....to iowa...seems high to me compared to what I have paid in the past
Old 07-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
not just him...I just ordered a 2 new bodies today one buggy and one truggy...usps priority was going to run me 38.41!! never have I been charged that much before from them...snail mail was like 21.00...I got ups ground for like 14.00....to iowa...seems high to me compared to what I have paid in the past
their body shipping is rediculous. It has just changed to being horribly priced within the last 6 months. 1 body is like $14 shipping which is just crazy. Sucks because I like Amain too but Im not gonna pay $14 shipping when it should only cost $5-6.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Prophet

yea im wondering whats, the deal with the shipping on light things ?

i mean i was gone to order 2 pairs, of traxxas s1 slash tires and two pairs of jconcepts relux wheels for my slash , and the cheapest shipping was $8.00 wtf i mean really.

gas hasnt gone up that high so, i dont know why there shipping is that much now inless cali, raised there taxes up or something.

i live in pa and it used to be cheaper a couple of mouths ago.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

and I would have had my LHS order them for me but with holiday and everything I just had no way to get them to my painter in time for my next "bigger" race...so just had them shipped directly too him
Old 07-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is because of the package dimensions required for a body. USPS is to blame for this. If the box exceeds the newly employed (early 2009 I think) dimension criteria, your are charged according to the dimensions primarily, then the weight secondarily. Packages below the minimum dimensions are still charged by weight. The dimension info is available at the post office or on the USPS web site.

i mean i was gone to order 2 pairs, of traxxas s1 slash tires and two pairs of jconcepts relux wheels for my slash , and the cheapest shipping was $8.00 wtf i mean really.
You are acting as though it's a birthday card from your grandma, with a stamp for postage. It's a box, that a middleman (USPS, UPS, FEDEX) transports to you. The middleman sets the prices. It has nothing to do with taxes.

In any case, it's not A-main that is overcharging you, it's the carrier. It's out of A-Mains hands. They calculate shipping using the same calculators that are available to us online. If you were to ship the same package, from your house to A-Main, it would basically cost the same amount. I order from A-Main all the time, and cannot complain one bit about the shipping fees.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Oomp View Post
This is because of the package dimensions required for a body. USPS is to blame for this. If the box exceeds the newly employed (early 2009 I think) dimension criteria, your are charged according to the dimensions primarily, then the weight secondarily. Packages below the minimum dimensions are still charged by weight. The dimension info is available at the post office or on the USPS web site.

You are acting as though it's a birthday card from your grandma, with a stamp for postage. It's a box, that a middleman (USPS, UPS, FEDEX) transports to you. The middleman sets the prices. It has nothing to do with taxes.

In any case, it's not A-main that is overcharging you, it's the carrier. It's out of A-Mains hands. They calculate shipping using the same calculators that are available to us online. If you were to ship the same package, from your house to A-Main, it would basically cost the same amount. I order from A-Main all the time, and cannot complain one bit about the shipping fees.

oh i see well i know they dont, use usps anymore the cheapest one anyways.

il ask you this than why is the, other online stores have cheaper shipping than amain .

i mean i ordered the tires and, wheels from somewhere else and the shipping was $3 cheaper .

and that was usps service.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

i mean i ordered the tires and, wheels from somewhere else and the shipping was $3 cheaper
I am assuming they are in the same area of Cali too? If so, I dont have the answer.

I am only giving my overall perspective. Most of my hobbies require me to order online, and I pay attention to shipping charges. A-Main's shipping does not seem out of line to me. Overall, it's cheaper for me to buy from A-Main, including the shipping, than it is for me to go to the LHS.

What it boils down to is, nobody has to buy from them. Just go somewhere else. It's no different than choosing between Home Depot or Lowe's. Just as they are accross the street from each other, another online hobby store is just one click away.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Prophet

I am assuming they are in the same area of Cali too? If so, I dont have the answer.

I am only giving my overall perspective. Most of my hobbies require me to order online, and I pay attention to shipping charges. A-Main's shipping does not seem out of line to me. Overall, it's cheaper for me to buy from A-Main, including the shipping, than it is for me to go to the LHS.

What it boils down to is, nobody has to buy from them. Just go somewhere else. It's no different than choosing between Home Depot or Lowe's. Just as they are accross the street from each other, another online hobby store is just one click away.

no the other online hobby stores, i order from are in montana and arkansas and florida and north carolina.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Well then my answer is; Less distance to ship = less of a charge for shipping.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Well then my answer is; Less distance to ship = less of a charge for shipping.

true but i know when i ordered, a couple of things at amain the basic usps shipping was about $6.00.

that was in april.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.