Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Amain shipping??? >

Amain shipping???

Amain shipping???

Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Amain shipping???

Ok so I was going to put a order in from amain and I go to the shipping section. Well Im going threw and for the cheapest shipping it was going to cost me 41 dollors. That's just crazy, my order was 97.00. Do any of you guys might now why this is. All I'm ordering is TQ parts and some tires.
x60Driver is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 05:28 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,664
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Wow that's expensive I was looking at a kit from them and the shipping was like $15 and that's pretty much across the country USPS . Were you looking at all there shipping options ?
jag5508 is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 05:48 PM
  #3  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Niles, MI
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
Wow that's expensive I was looking at a kit from them and the shipping was like $15 and that's pretty much across the country USPS . Were you looking at all there shipping options ?
Yup
x60Driver is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 05:53 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
Drusillus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manitowoc, WI
Posts: 1,174
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What shipping option you chose?

I just ordered 3 separate orders from them in the last 2 weeks and none were over $9 shipping. ( From CA to WI )

What the hell did you order? A weight bench and a rack of dumb-bells?
Drusillus is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 06:39 PM
  #5  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 11,530
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I just got an order from them today - order was placed early Thurs and was USPS (which is my preference) cost $3.47 to ship a $6 item (that I needed badly).

I'm not sure, but think you must be doing something wrong. You don't have to use the shipping option that comes up - I usually charge to another shipping option.
Duster_360 is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 06:42 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,296
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

not just him...I just ordered a 2 new bodies today one buggy and one truggy...usps priority was going to run me 38.41!! never have I been charged that much before from them...snail mail was like 21.00...I got ups ground for like 14.00....to iowa...seems high to me compared to what I have paid in the past
blktransam is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 07:06 PM
  #7  
Suspended
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 2,049
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
not just him...I just ordered a 2 new bodies today one buggy and one truggy...usps priority was going to run me 38.41!! never have I been charged that much before from them...snail mail was like 21.00...I got ups ground for like 14.00....to iowa...seems high to me compared to what I have paid in the past
their body shipping is rediculous. It has just changed to being horribly priced within the last 6 months. 1 body is like $14 shipping which is just crazy. Sucks because I like Amain too but Im not gonna pay $14 shipping when it should only cost $5-6.
4u2nv is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 PM
  #8  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

yea im wondering whats, the deal with the shipping on light things ?

i mean i was gone to order 2 pairs, of traxxas s1 slash tires and two pairs of jconcepts relux wheels for my slash , and the cheapest shipping was $8.00 wtf i mean really.

gas hasnt gone up that high so, i dont know why there shipping is that much now inless cali, raised there taxes up or something.

i live in pa and it used to be cheaper a couple of mouths ago.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,296
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

and I would have had my LHS order them for me but with holiday and everything I just had no way to get them to my painter in time for my next "bigger" race...so just had them shipped directly too him
blktransam is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 09:28 PM
  #10  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

not just him...I just ordered a 2 new bodies today one buggy and one truggy...usps priority was going to run me 38.41!! never have I been charged that much before from them...snail mail was like 21.00...I got ups ground for like 14.00....to iowa...seems high to me compared to what I have paid in the past
This is because of the package dimensions required for a body. USPS is to blame for this. If the box exceeds the newly employed (early 2009 I think) dimension criteria, your are charged according to the dimensions primarily, then the weight secondarily. Packages below the minimum dimensions are still charged by weight. The dimension info is available at the post office or on the USPS web site.

i mean i was gone to order 2 pairs, of traxxas s1 slash tires and two pairs of jconcepts relux wheels for my slash , and the cheapest shipping was $8.00 wtf i mean really.
You are acting as though it's a birthday card from your grandma, with a stamp for postage. It's a box, that a middleman (USPS, UPS, FEDEX) transports to you. The middleman sets the prices. It has nothing to do with taxes.



In any case, it's not A-main that is overcharging you, it's the carrier. It's out of A-Mains hands. They calculate shipping using the same calculators that are available to us online. If you were to ship the same package, from your house to A-Main, it would basically cost the same amount. I order from A-Main all the time, and cannot complain one bit about the shipping fees.
Oomp is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 09:37 PM
  #11  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by Oomp View Post
This is because of the package dimensions required for a body. USPS is to blame for this. If the box exceeds the newly employed (early 2009 I think) dimension criteria, your are charged according to the dimensions primarily, then the weight secondarily. Packages below the minimum dimensions are still charged by weight. The dimension info is available at the post office or on the USPS web site.

You are acting as though it's a birthday card from your grandma, with a stamp for postage. It's a box, that a middleman (USPS, UPS, FEDEX) transports to you. The middleman sets the prices. It has nothing to do with taxes.



In any case, it's not A-main that is overcharging you, it's the carrier. It's out of A-Mains hands. They calculate shipping using the same calculators that are available to us online. If you were to ship the same package, from your house to A-Main, it would basically cost the same amount. I order from A-Main all the time, and cannot complain one bit about the shipping fees.



oh i see well i know they dont, use usps anymore the cheapest one anyways.

il ask you this than why is the, other online stores have cheaper shipping than amain .

i mean i ordered the tires and, wheels from somewhere else and the shipping was $3 cheaper .

and that was usps service.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 10:00 PM
  #12  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

i mean i ordered the tires and, wheels from somewhere else and the shipping was $3 cheaper
I am assuming they are in the same area of Cali too? If so, I dont have the answer.

I am only giving my overall perspective. Most of my hobbies require me to order online, and I pay attention to shipping charges. A-Main's shipping does not seem out of line to me. Overall, it's cheaper for me to buy from A-Main, including the shipping, than it is for me to go to the LHS.

What it boils down to is, nobody has to buy from them. Just go somewhere else. It's no different than choosing between Home Depot or Lowe's. Just as they are accross the street from each other, another online hobby store is just one click away.
Oomp is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM
  #13  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by Oomp View Post
I am assuming they are in the same area of Cali too? If so, I dont have the answer.

I am only giving my overall perspective. Most of my hobbies require me to order online, and I pay attention to shipping charges. A-Main's shipping does not seem out of line to me. Overall, it's cheaper for me to buy from A-Main, including the shipping, than it is for me to go to the LHS.

What it boils down to is, nobody has to buy from them. Just go somewhere else. It's no different than choosing between Home Depot or Lowe's. Just as they are accross the street from each other, another online hobby store is just one click away.



no the other online hobby stores, i order from are in montana and arkansas and florida and north carolina.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
  #14  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Well then my answer is; Less distance to ship = less of a charge for shipping.
Oomp is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 10:12 PM
  #15  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by Oomp View Post
Well then my answer is; Less distance to ship = less of a charge for shipping.


true but i know when i ordered, a couple of things at amain the basic usps shipping was about $6.00.

that was in april.
tc5 man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.