R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 05-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
+1 - Possibly the best run race program I've ever seen, bar none. The problem with letting one person get some practice time means you can't exclude anyone else thereafter. It's certainly the track owners' prerogative to determine what person(s) are allowed to use the track at any given time, and if they choose to disallow practice, they're well within their rights to do so.
But if I was a well known factory driver they would probably shut the track down to let me run. Right? So if I bought 500 dollars worth of mini stuff at their hobby shop I can't run right? Some people need to pull their heads out of the Botchie
I'm done.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
But if I was a well known factory driver they would probably shut the track down to let me run. Right? So if I bought 500 dollars worth of mini stuff at their hobby shop I can't run right? Some people need to pull their heads out of the Botchie
I'm done.
NOPE, back about 10 years ago, Matt francis was not allowed on the track until it was open for everyone. I promise, their program should be modeled by a lot more track owners. Ron doesnt care who you are, NO PRACTICE!!!!! there is a practice session on every saturday before racing starts. I think botchie is the surface used for tennis.

All done with this for now........
Digit09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
Tech Elite

btw i wish we could race all year!!!

Old 05-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to abramsM1

Quote:
No it's not ignorant it's my opinion. I've been to and raced on World Class tracks all over the country and from my experience it's not all that.

Just because a class is nonexsistant you should not be spoken down to. Thats very arrogant. All I wanted to do is run my mini for a few packs thats all and I got a huge attitude in a conversation that was less than 5 minutes long!
Racing on a track doesn't mean you know how to build and maintain a track.

If you don't think you should be spoken down to, tell that to them, not me - those are simply there rules. Like I said I agree with you that it sucks that you can't run but that's their decision. Open practice has never been available at that track so you're not being treated differently than anybody else in that case. Calm down.
abramsM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

LOL !!!
SLOW THE F%&# DOWN so you can go fast !!!
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:40 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Wait a minute....

1/8....1/18th....

Can anyone explain to me how a 1/18th scale mini is going to ruin a track that is suited to run 1/8th scale buggies???

Great program or not... great track or not.... customer service sucked big kahunas; either:

A: She was too busy to deal with asking questions on the phone....

or

B: She doesn't know the difference between 1/8th scale or 1/18th scale....

No matter.... how she even dealt with the matter was plain rude... those who praise the track only do so because they race there. If they were new in town, or visiting like the OP was, they would have the same attitude he is having now, once they get that type of treatment.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Okay, first of all, the shop was not open when this person called early in the morning. I was busy doing the weekly orders and was nice enough to answer the phone. The person on the other end seemed to have a little attitude. I don't think I was rude. I told the person there was no practice and they said: "Oh really?" I explained how we don't allow any practice during the week because it would mess up the track. I wasn't referring to 1/18th scale in general (yes, I do know the difference). We have allowed a couple people to practice many years ago and they broke water pipes, etc. So after that there was definitely no more practice. If this person had checked out the website first, they would have seen the rules and saved a lot of bashing us. When you want to race, you go to the person's website and see what classes they run. You don't expect a track to accomodate you if you have something different. As far as putting a 1/18th scale in with 1/10th scales, the idea sounded ridiculous. Now that I think back, it was probably a mistake not to let you run. Would have been fun to watch your 1/18th scale against the 1/10ths. Oh, and I was not the one who hung up on you. The phone went dead on your end long before I hung up. Instead of bashing us on line you could have accepted our rules and found a track that would let you practice.

Linda
Whosold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosold View Post
Now that I think back, it was probably a mistake not to let you run. Would have been fun to watch your 1/18th scale against the 1/10ths.

Linda
SLOW THE F%&# DOWN so you can go fast !!!
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Wait a minute....

1/8....1/18th....

Can anyone explain to me how a 1/18th scale mini is going to ruin a track that is suited to run 1/8th scale buggies???

Great program or not... great track or not.... customer service sucked big kahunas; either:

A: She was too busy to deal with asking questions on the phone....

or

B: She doesn't know the difference between 1/8th scale or 1/18th scale....

No matter.... how she even dealt with the matter was plain rude... those who praise the track only do so because they race there. If they were new in town, or visiting like the OP was, they would have the same attitude he is having now, once they get that type of treatment.
not true, I havent raced there in 5 or 6 years. between deployments and raising kids, havent made it there except for one race last spring. The person complaining just has a bad taste for rejection. GundamWZero dont buy into gashuffer complaints, he is just upset that he didnt get his way.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #25
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit09 View Post
not true, I havent raced there in 5 or 6 years. between deployments and raising kids, havent made it there except for one race last spring. The person complaining just has a bad taste for rejection. GundamWZero dont buy into gashuffer complaints, he is just upset that he didnt get his way.
I'm not upset at all. I just wanted to share my experience that I had with FAMILY HOBBIES. It's not my problem that they take themselves way to serious.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosold View Post
Okay, first of all, the shop was not open when this person called early in the morning. I was busy doing the weekly orders and was nice enough to answer the phone.

Linda
Need I say more! Nice enough to answer the phone.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Need I say more! Nice enough to answer the phone.
i am at a loss, if you called a shop outside of normal business hours and someone answers the phone, is that not a nice gester? let it go bro.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:58 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Are you serious guy? Your the one who keeps posting here. I think you should let it go.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Maybe the person who answered the phone was homophobic because we all know that only funboys race minis.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Funboy's like John Goodman. Big and Berley! At least someone here has a sense of humor.