Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Live in USA for RC life >

Live in USA for RC life

Live in USA for RC life

Old 05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default Live in USA for RC life

I would like to come in America and live for a year so i can explore the rc Life in America..

I have almost finished my mechanical engineer degree and now i would like to get a job and do what i love most..

What advise can you give me ?

Which part of USA is the best to live and the best for RC life..?

I would also have the appropriate job and that will be very difficult i think!!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

California..
Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher View Post
California..
+1... Also, there are plenty of engineering opportunities out here.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I live on the east coast and I must say the R/C scene out west far surpasses the east so California should be your choice!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Is california one of the best cities to live generally?

Is there any other advise i should know guys?

Thanks a lot..!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

best place for RC, Yes. Best place to live, No. the cost of living is high, and unemployment is through the roof. Plus Arnold Schwartzenhoffermanegger is the Governor.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm curious where are you coming from?

Because if you're looking to start your engineering career in RC you would be better off in Europe. The European RC scene is much bigger than in the US, or it looks that way.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro View Post
best place for RC, Yes. Best place to live, No. the cost of living is high, and unemployment is through the roof. Plus Arnold Schwartzenhoffermanegger is the Governor.
And you would know this..by living in Nebraska?? The cost of living is "high" everywhere and last time I checked the bigger cities in Nebraska aren't what I would call cheap to live in either..and on the unemployment, it depends on where you live and what your job skills are..I would raither live in California "with all the problems" than live in Nebraska..so to each their own..and the " govanatior" isn't going to in power forever..
Old 05-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+1 on California or try Seattle...R/C presence in Washington is strong as well. And there are aerospace industries where you can get a job too...
Old 05-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Hello there,

I come from Cyprus and currently i live in London for my last days of studying.. For those that do not know what Cyprus is, it is a greek island that was invated by the Turkey goverment in1974 because the USA and British goverment were in the middle. Half of Cyprus still split and have turks in and the other half is greeks. I am greek basically.

I know in europe there is shumacher, Xray and maybe serpent if they still engineer the cars in Holland. and now maybe horrizon hobbies in europe which if am not mistaken they own Losi but the losi engineering i think is still in USA. I would love to work in an rc company because i studied mechanical engineering for this reason. Rc racing and engineering of rc is my passion.

I would say that the companies that are manufacturing rc cars they are not very big companies and i think they do not employ a lot of engineers. maybe 2-3 engineers i guess. Is not like real car companies which they need hundrends of engineers in order to be able to satisfy the market.
As for hpi,kyosho,mugen they all require the knowledge of the japanese language. However i do not have the power and the skills to learn japanese. :0)

Arnold Schwartzenhoffermanegger is the Governor in california?? haha.. is he a good governor?

I think that it will be very difficult for me to find my steps in USA but i will have to try.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 376 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace View Post
I would like to come in America and live for a year so i can explore the rc Life in America..

I have almost finished my mechanical engineer degree and now i would like to get a job and do what i love most..

What advise can you give me ?

Which part of USA is the best to live and the best for RC life..?

I would also have the appropriate job and that will be very difficult i think!!
America is full, we are currently trying to get rid of some people. Do you guys have space over there? Can we send you some people? I'm kidding of course.You are welcome in America just come legaly and bring some Halumi.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 376 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace View Post
Hello there,

Arnold Schwartzenhoffermanegger is the Governor in california?? haha.. is he a good governor?

I think that it will be very difficult for me to find my steps in USA but i will have to try.
Arnold is a celebrity and California is going broke.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
+1 on California or try Seattle...R/C presence in Washington is strong as well. And there are aerospace industries where you can get a job too...
Oh for goodness sake stay as far out of WA as possible. This place makes you want to suck on an exhaust pipe until your heart stops beating. RC scene is cool and all but the state SUCKS!!! I can't explain how miserable this place makes me. The drivers are the worst on Earth, the weather sucks, taxes are unreal, government is so crooked it may as well be ran by the Bernie Madoff (ya, that $500 million dollar stadium we voted AGAINST, they built it anyway after "emergency legislative meeting") and I could go on and on.

Go to California. In fact, come rent out my house in this $#!T hole state and I'll move to California.

Sorry, been needing to get that off my chest for awhile. I feel better.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
Oh for goodness sake stay as far out of WA as possible. This place makes you want to suck on an exhaust pipe until your heart stops beating. RC scene is cool and all but the state SUCKS!!! I can't explain how miserable this place makes me. The drivers are the worst on Earth, the weather sucks, taxes are unreal, government is so crooked it may as well be ran by the Bernie Madoff (ya, that $500 million dollar stadium we voted AGAINST, they built it anyway after "emergency legislative meeting") and I could go on and on.

Go to California. In fact, come rent out my house in this $#!T hole state and I'll move to California.

Sorry, been needing to get that off my chest for awhile. I feel better.
You think that taxes are unreal, crooked government, bad drivers... etc is bad in WA, but you recommend going to CALIFORNIA??? MAN do you have it backwards.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
ekd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There went my plan to run north when the S hits CA's fan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.