Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Live in USA for RC life >

Live in USA for RC life

Live in USA for RC life

Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Smog, non-drivers (those who can't drive when it drizzles)How about those who can't drive ever!?, neo-hippies Ever been to Olympia? Every single person there is either a hippie, "alternative" or homosexual, over-indulged celebritiesDon't doubt that but I don't hang out with any celebs so I don't care., wildfiresScary but worth the risk IMO (every year), El Nino That's not just Cali , The San Andres Fault (aka earthquakes) We get those too! , the LAPD , and the Los Angeles Lakers....Ever followed Seattle teams? They set regular season records for most wins and blow it in the first round of the playoffs! (mariners) They make it all the way to the superbowl and whine about bad calls, THEY LEAVE YOUR STATE!!! (Sonics anyone?).and the fact that my vehicle tags went up by 30 dollars (to 375 dollars a YEAR) instead of going down like other states last year....WOW!!!! THAT MAY DO IT FOR ME! My tabs are $40 / year!

As for Washington... I lived there too... I can deal with the on again, off again drizzle, and love waiting until the rivers flood so I can go grab some Salmon. When I was there, it only rained badly during the winter season, so I was happy about that... I hate snow. Oh yeah.... the women are hot!!! The men are emos.... which mean I can get laid about 90% of the time....

Old 05-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And I thought So. Fla. was the place to be. Guess I better start packing.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Come to the Metro NYC area.....
Getting a job in the RC industry is a small club and the position you would want design engineering is the most sought after....If you get a position in an RC company you will most likely be working in customer service and or sales....
The best way to get recognized for design talents would be to race or watch races and make improvements on the platforms then present your ideas and possible prototypes to the companies....You want to be in the hotbed of talent for that.
Offroad racing=Southern California
Onroad Racing=Northeast US (metro NYC)
Good luck and hope you make it...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

What about Illinois / Wisconsin? Home of Trackside and the whole racing scene in Northern IL. No r/c manufacturers here, but a strong racing scene and maybe you could get a normal engineering job and live the r/c dream racing at the tracks around here?? Just an idea...
Old 05-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 376 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KDagh1 View Post
What about Illinois / Wisconsin? Home of Trackside and the whole racing scene in Northern IL. No r/c manufacturers here, but a strong racing scene and maybe you could get a normal engineering job and live the r/c dream racing at the tracks around here?? Just an idea...
ok people kill this thread- hes staying in London. the best place to race is were ever YOU are. Something can be found at least 50 miles from all of us.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

i am planning the trip to america and i was thinking of some of the stuff you guys said.

is there anyone that can give me guidance on were to rent which part, any guidance on job oportunities as a mechanical engineer?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
You think that taxes are unreal, crooked government, bad drivers... etc is bad in WA, but you recommend going to CALIFORNIA??? MAN do you have it backwards.

+1 I love it here in WA. I have lived in 3 countries, and 7 states. WA is where I came back to and call home!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george View Post
ok people kill this thread- hes staying in London. the best place to race is were ever YOU are. Something can be found at least 50 miles from all of us.
50 miles? Hell, in Washington there is at least 5 hobby stores within that radius alone!!

Let's see if I can remember...

Fantasy World
Tacoma R/C Raceway
Burien Toyota (yup, the Car dealership is ALSO a r/c hobby shop)\
the one they had in Auburn (forgot the name, bought my helicopter parts there)
HobbyTown (didn't they move though?)
Old 09-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
WA has a higher rainfall than here. Unbelievable but true!
The ZOMG cat has just read this

... and is now dead
Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bermbuster View Post
Come to the Metro NYC area.....
Getting a job in the RC industry is a small club and the position you would want design engineering is the most sought after....If you get a position in an RC company you will most likely be working in customer service and or sales....
The best way to get recognized for design talents would be to race or watch races and make improvements on the platforms then present your ideas and possible prototypes to the companies....You want to be in the hotbed of talent for that.
Offroad racing=Southern California
Onroad Racing=Northeast US (metro NYC)
Good luck and hope you make it...
NYC=2nd level of Hell.
NYS=1st level of hell.

I am so glad I never looked back. Free state>liberal craphole.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
50 miles? Hell, in Washington there is at least 5 hobby stores within that radius alone!!

Let's see if I can remember...

Fantasy World
Tacoma R/C Raceway
Burien Toyota (yup, the Car dealership is ALSO a r/c hobby shop)\
the one they had in Auburn (forgot the name, bought my helicopter parts there)
HobbyTown (didn't they move though?)
Fantasy world still open. Good shop. Great people at the counter.
TRCR, Scotty runs a great track
Burien no more RC
Ultimate hobbies in Auburn. might be good for planes but otherwise crap
Hobbytown Tacoma - closed
Hobbytown Southcenter -craptastic

The drivers still suck. Just had one of the worst summers on record. But we do have great RC programs.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

If you can't get a job as an engineer that is online, then this discussion is relevant.

Otherwise your only options are Champlain, Illinois or Plano, Texas or a few places in California if you want to design rc cars for an existing company and get paid decently.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 376 (100%+)

who are we kidding? He is gonna come here on a student visa (probably) , get a job that has nothing to do with rc ,save money to take back home when he leaves , overstay past the visa departure date,get some random American air head cute girl knocked up,apply for credit cards for the purpose of overcharging for stuff to take back home when he leaves.....(with no intention to ever pay the balances on those credit cards),use our health care system to fix his teeth and remove one or two random warts off his rear end,he will probably not flush after using a public restroom, he will probably litter and throw crap on the floor (cause some body else should pick stuff up-after all he is not from here....) finally he will probably commit insurance fraud to collect money for a car that he will eventually set on fire.....is it me or am I just not a trusting guy with foreigners? I have heard all these things talked about people who plan to come stateside.Perhaps this is not a good time to let people in ....we need to clean house and get our priority's in order.My friends tell me I am paranoid but a wise man once said : ''if you keep one eye on your stuff ,you will be lucky enough to end up with half of it.'' I had to sit in traffic all week while all these ''diplomats'' aka freeloader leaches droVe to and fro the U.N.Now I am way off topic, sorry when he comes here let him stay with me. (at least I will keep an eye on him. lol ) night all.-----for the record the above statement was totally anecdotal and is not to be taken seriously. So dont bother trying to reply to a statement that is A N E C D O T A L .
Old 09-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'd rather live in california then the PNW rite now. Drivers get on the freeway at 5 MPH here in the beautiful PNW. RC here is so spread out and far in between (I have to drive 3 hours for some track time) It's always cold and rainy. But when I get out of RC some day, i'm gonna buy a house outside of Portland, kick it snowboarding, mountain biking, rock crawling, and enjoying life. If your dream is RC in america, California for sure. Ive lived in the PNW almost 18 years and i'm done for awhile

EDIT: I just realized im so tired that this is a old thread. Ehhh...
Old 09-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Storydude1 View Post
NYC=2nd level of Hell.
NYS=1st level of hell.

I am so glad I never looked back. Free state>liberal craphole.
Thats why we race to make us forget our reality....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.