Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

if u like racing in the wet and cold come to the uk
Old 05-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ageofdeath10 View Post
if u like racing in the wet and cold come to the uk
WA has a higher rainfall than here. Unbelievable but true!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
You think that taxes are unreal, crooked government, bad drivers... etc is bad in WA, but you recommend going to CALIFORNIA??? MAN do you have it backwards.
I did not say that CA doesn't have those things but I do not recall their voters rejecting a 1/2 billion dollar initiative and them doing it anyway. I have driven plenty of times on SoCal freeways and while the people are idiots they don't go 10 under in the left lane and flip you off when you honk at them, they are bumper to bumper but at least going 70mph. And we're now at what, 9.6% sales tax?

And even if everything was just as bad there (which it may be) at least they can plan an activity when its sunny and it will STILL be sunny when they go to walk out the door! They don't get 2 days of 70 degree weather with 10 days of solid rain to follow!

I'm sure its not perfect down there but out of the 38 states I've been to the only ones I hate more than this are Texas and Georgia.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fas1 View Post
And you would know this..by living in Nebraska?? The cost of living is "high" everywhere and last time I checked the bigger cities in Nebraska aren't what I would call cheap to live in either..and on the unemployment, it depends on where you live and what your job skills are..I would raither live in California "with all the problems" than live in Nebraska..so to each their own..and the " govanatior" isn't going to in power forever..
I'm glad you enjoy California so much, and I never claimed Nebraska was the place to be, but like you I'd rather live in Nebraska than California.
just some info on a state by state comparison.http://www.costoflivingbystate.org/c...-by-state.html
Old 05-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
I'm sure its not perfect down there but out of the 38 states I've been to the only ones I hate more than this are Texas and Georgia.
Just curious whats wrong with Georgia?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I did not say that CA doesn't have those things but I do not recall their voters rejecting a 1/2 billion dollar initiative and them doing it anyway. I have driven plenty of times on SoCal freeways and while the people are idiots they don't go 10 under in the left lane and flip you off when you honk at them, they are bumper to bumper but at least going 70mph. And we're now at what, 9.6% sales tax?

And even if everything was just as bad there (which it may be) at least they can plan an activity when its sunny and it will STILL be sunny when they go to walk out the door! They don't get 2 days of 70 degree weather with 10 days of solid rain to follow!

Clueless... All I can say is "See ya!" You'll figure it out after you have lived there for a while.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Just curious, have you looked outside recently?

Its natural to defend those things you like and that's ok. This place sucks and its very hard to make a valid point against that fact. I've noticed you have only said that CA is not better, not that WA sucks. Maybe CA isn't better but at least it will be sunny.

As for GA, it is mainly Augusta I hated for many reasons which I would rather not go into here.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Just curious, have you looked outside recently?

Its natural to defend those things you like and that's ok. This place sucks and its very hard to make a valid point against that fact. I've noticed you have only said that CA is not better, not that WA sucks. Maybe CA isn't better but at least it will be sunny.

As for GA, it is mainly Augusta I hated for many reasons which I would rather not go into here.
Let me clarify my position... CA "SUCKS". It is THEE worst state in the union, for countless reasons.

Have I looked outside? Yeah, its flippin gorgeous. I live in the rain shadow of the Olympic mountain range, and it has been stunning... and I get to breath some of the cleanest air anywhere. Have YOU looked outside?

Listen guy... i lived in southern California for over 30 years... I know exactly what the state and weather have to offer. I just deleted an entire paragraph of examples I had just typed explaining all the short comings, but I figure id just let you figure them out for yourself
Old 05-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Let me clarify my position... CA "SUCKS". It is THEE worst state in the union, for countless reasons.

Have I looked outside? Yeah, its flippin gorgeous. Have YOU looked outside?
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion and we couldn't have more opposite ones. But I am not getting all riled up about it as you seem to be.
How do you see beauty when you look out the window and its grey and murky out? I look outside and see nothing but disgusting clouds, rain, wind, etc.
Sure, on the 3 months per year its not downpouring this is a beautiful place.

According to your statement you have lived in SoCal longer than I've been alive so obviously you have feelings for why you choose to live here and that's great. Some of us have a legitimate diagnosable ailment called "seasonal depression" that makes you downright miserable when you don't see the sun for 6 months at a time. How anyone doesn't have this amazes me.

But I am VERY interested in hearing your reasons for hating SoCal. And I'm serious. I've never lived, only visited there so maybe if I hear some examples I'll go to AZ if its still allowed by then!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro View Post
I'm glad you enjoy California so much, and I never claimed Nebraska was the place to be, but like you I'd rather live in Nebraska than California.
just some info on a state by state comparison.http://www.costoflivingbystate.org/c...-by-state.html
Weather..plain and simple....i've worked in nebraska..the people were cool but I was not "use" to the weather, plus you guys have some strange property taxes..I almost took a job in Omaha..looked at houses in the Millard area and was shocked at how much the property taxes were..yea the prices on the homes were less than where I live (that's where I live..not the more desirable areas) and our unemployment figures are in the 35% and some of the other towns are in the 40% numbers..so I figure that puts most of the state in the 6% range..
Old 05-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FL hands down.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

But I am VERY interested in hearing your reasons for hating SoCal. And I'm serious. I've never lived, only visited there so maybe if I hear some examples I'll go to AZ if its still allowed by then!
Smog, non-drivers (those who can't drive when it drizzles), neo-hippies, over-indulged celebrities, wildfires (every year), El Nino, The San Andres Fault (aka earthquakes), the LAPD, and the Los Angeles Lakers.....and the fact that my vehicle tags went up by 30 dollars (to 375 dollars a YEAR) instead of going down like other states last year....

As for Washington... I lived there too... I can deal with the on again, off again drizzle, and love waiting until the rivers flood so I can go grab some Salmon. When I was there, it only rained badly during the winter season, so I was happy about that... I hate snow. Oh yeah.... the women are hot!!! The men are emos.... which mean I can get laid about 90% of the time....

Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

That is because you was stationed in Ft. Benning....

The people there must realize that the South will never rise again unless the country gets nuked....
Old 05-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Smog, non-drivers (those who can't drive when it drizzles), neo-hippies, over-indulged celebrities, wildfires (every year), El Nino, The San Andres Fault (aka earthquakes), the LAPD, and the Los Angeles Lakers.....and the fact that my vehicle tags went up by 30 dollars (to 375 dollars a YEAR) instead of going down like other states last year....
One more reason..Gundam dosent live their....How many earthquakes happen a year..I fear twisters way way more and they happen way more often, The Lakers..that's the best "sports" hate you got for Cali..now that's some funny stuff their..you must be hatin right now..cuz the Lakers are heading towards Kobi's 5th championship..oh yea..
never would have thought you to such a hater..
Old 05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
One more reason..Gundam dosent live their....How many earthquakes happen a year..I fear twisters way way more and they happen way more often, The Lakers..that's the best "sports" hate you got for Cali..now that's some funny stuff their..you must be hatin right now..cuz the Lakers are heading towards Kobi's 5th championship..oh yea..
never would have thought you to such a hater..

I gotta hate the Lakers... 'cause the wifey likes them...gotta be a Ying against the Yang....

When I was stationed there (ha!! another reason...BARSTOW!!!), we had three tremors; two too many for me.... but you are right about one thing: I can deal with a earthquake than deal with a twister; hence why I'll never hang in the Mid-West....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.