Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Halo Reach: Are gamers going to come back? >

Halo Reach: Are gamers going to come back?

Halo Reach: Are gamers going to come back?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Halo Reach: Are gamers going to come back?

Do you think Halo Reach is going to recapture those multiplayer gamers that have moved on to other games such as Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2?

Don't forget! Multiplayer Beta begins May 3!
http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach...e.aspx?ucc=faq
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

I think it'll be a nice brake from Modern Warfare.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

I think so. Halo has always had a huge fan base, and Bungie has a talent for creating a lot of hype and anticipation for their games. I'm looking forward to Reach and at the very least will give the beta a try. There was no way I was going to buy ODST just to get at the Reach beta, but thankfully, as an apology to ending the use of traditional xbox games on xbox live Microsoft sent out some nice goodies to many players, including myself, one of which appears to be access to the Reach Beta without owning ODST. I think it has the potential to be a pretty good game, hopefully Bungie didn't screw it up.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with the post above. I just hope that there isnt as much camping. I hope that this will be the best halo they have made.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Team Tekin

Bet they will. Even if there are campers it will still be fun. You think there aren't snipers in real life? Be quick on your feet- er, controller!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Bet they will. Even if there are campers it will still be fun. You think there aren't snipers in real life? Be quick on your feet- er, controller!
And there always will be. Unless the game type or game play is made really specific or limited I don't think there will ever not be campers in any FPS.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont really think that halo has had that many campers. Its mod 2 that is really bad about that. There are too many places to hide.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default halo

i think the fact that without killstreaks in a game like halo there is little to no camping. the maps are big in halo and there isn't really a chance of instantly dying like cod.

Either way halo reach will rock

now where did i put that odst game?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

My only problem with Halo is the connection problems.

You have connection problems in MW2... You get booted. No standbying and no lag switching. (Or any other "Upload Manipulation".)

That said... I WILL be trying REACH when it comes out... The headhunter game mode looks like a freaking BLAST!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm sure Halo Reach will get a huge following. I just could never understand why that game is so popular. My friend described the game as "corny" and I can't think of a better word. The graphics are so fake looking and the guns and physics are insanely fake. I prefer things that better simulate the real thing. It's an arcade shooter and it's just not for me.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Only seen a little about this game, are the jetpacks standard? Reminds me of Tribes. I'll try it out, 'cause I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I don't know if it'll replace MW2 for me. (Though MW2 has been having as bad connections as Halo 3 had for me, that upsets me, 'cause the original MW was awesome in that area.)
Old 05-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bccarlso View Post
Only seen a little about this game, are the jetpacks standard? Reminds me of Tribes. I'll try it out, 'cause I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I don't know if it'll replace MW2 for me. (Though MW2 has been having as bad connections as Halo 3 had for me, that upsets me, 'cause the original MW was awesome in that area.)
I agree about the connection issues with MW2. And they have gotten worse since the map pack update was release. The lag is just ridiculous in some games. They need to spend some of their moldy money and give us a central server for XBox!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I wish this game was a ps3 thing and not an xbox thing, I want to play
Old 05-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm sure Halo Reach will get a huge following. I just could never understand why that game is so popular. My friend described the game as "corny" and I can't think of a better word. The graphics are so fake looking and the guns and physics are insanely fake. I prefer things that better simulate the real thing. It's an arcade shooter and it's just not for me.
I equate multiplayer Halo to playing laser tag, water guns and paint ball with your friends. It's not about things being realistic - it's about having fun, owning the enemy and in my son's case, racking up the most kills and achievements. My son absolutely loves the game and he is good at it. It's funny to watch him play MW2, because he plays "Halo style", which is totally unrealistic. Try explaining camping to someone who's been running around with a cover shield. Once I explained why people camp, he tried it and got the most kills in ever in a MW2 game.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
I equate multiplayer Halo to playing laser tag, water guns and paint ball with your friends. It's not about things being realistic - it's about having fun, owning the enemy and in my son's case, racking up the most kills and achievements. My son absolutely loves the game and he is good at it. It's funny to watch him play MW2, because he plays "Halo style", which is totally unrealistic. Try explaining camping to someone who's been running around with a cover shield. Once I explained why people camp, he tried it and got the most kills in ever in a MW2 game.
People camp in MW2 because they have NO skill!!! Don't turn your son into one of those lamers!

I didin't realize people didn't camp in Halo. I wish MW2 was like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service