Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Halo Reach: Are gamers going to come back? >

Halo Reach: Are gamers going to come back?

Halo Reach: Are gamers going to come back?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
People camp in MW2 because they have NO skill!!! Don't turn your son into one of those lamers!
He pretty much never camps. He is way too use to playing Halo style to switch stategies.

Camping just pisses people off because it makes the game longer - and because they get owned by campers.

I think it's hilarious when MW2 players run around killing each other while standing 10 feet apart. Since all multiplayer shooter games respawn players after getting killed, death means nothing - so most people's play style is oriented towards getting the most kills instead of staying alive.

Halo also allows you to get killed by friendly fire - and that can really piss people off, especially when it's done on purpose!

By the way, if you get a chance, you should watch some Halo MLG (Major League Gaming). Now that is some impressive game play!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
He pretty much never camps. He is way too use to playing Halo style to switch stategies.

Camping just pisses people off because it makes the game longer - and because they get owned by campers.

I think it's hilarious when MW2 players run around killing each other while standing 10 feet apart. Since all multiplayer shooter games respawn players after getting killed, death means nothing - so most people's play style is oriented towards getting the most kills instead of staying alive.

Halo also allows you to get killed by friendly fire - and that can really piss people off, especially when it's done on purpose!

By the way, if you get a chance, you should watch some Halo MLG (Major League Gaming). Now that is some impressive game play!
How does camping make the games longer? I disagree. I think camping makes the game shorter because the campers keep getting all their killstreak rewards and getting lots of kills with air support.

It's not always easy to kill campers. If a camper sits somewhere nobody is expecting they will easily get a few kills before anybody goes to find the camper. Plus, there are some spots, such as in Quarry, where you have to hit the person with a grenade or something to kill them. If the camper is good you have no shot of running up on them and shooting them.

It takes skill to run around and do well. And by do well I mean have a positive kill death ratio and finish in the top 30. It doesn't take skill to camp and do well. In free-for-all I'm almost always moving and I have reached the score limit and won many times. I don't need to camp. And my overall kill death ratio is above 1.00.