Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
I hate my neighbor!!! Vent thread!!! >

I hate my neighbor!!! Vent thread!!!

I hate my neighbor!!! Vent thread!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default I hate my neighbor!!! Vent thread!!!

WHAT THE HECK!?

It's 12:30 in the afternoon and I'm trying to clean my house....

So to help get motivated I turn the stereo on and yeah... OK it's loud. But what the heck!? It's afternoon!?

My **** neighbor just came beating on my door complaining that he can't hear his TV!?

Ummm... I guess you should turn it up then dude!?

Every time I try to enjoy this Home Theatre system I spent a boatload of money (As in nicely loaded new car money) on this guy comes over complaining for some freaking reason or another!?

Should I turn it down or tell him to turn his TV up... It's not like he's trying to sleep or something!? He just can't hear his poor TV!? Is that seriously MY problem?

We have no sound ordinance untill 10PM... So he has no LEGAL recourse... But I'm just trying to find out if I'm in the wrong for wanting to enjoy a little loud music every once in awhile in my own **** house!?

Opinions!?

Last edited by DavidR; 04-07-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Edited out the "B" word....
Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
WHAT THE HECK!?

It's 12:30 in the afternoon and I'm trying to clean my house....

So to help get motivated I turn the stereo on and yeah... OK it's loud. But what the heck!? It's afternoon!?

My **** neighbor just came beating on my door complaining that he can't hear his TV!?

Ummm... I guess you should turn it up then dude!?

Every time I try to enjoy this Home Theatre system I spent a boatload of money (As in nicely loaded new car money) on this guy comes over complaining for some freaking reason or another!?

Should I turn it down or tell him to turn his TV up... It's not like he's trying to sleep or something!? He just can't hear his poor TV!? Is that seriously MY problem?

We have no sound ordinance untill 10PM... So he has no LEGAL recourse... But I'm just trying to find out if I'm in the wrong for wanting to enjoy a little loud music every once in awhile in my own **** house!?

Opinions!?
Crank it up!!! Its your house....unless:

A. Its a Townhome (aka row houses)

B. Its one of those Condos

C. Its an apartment

If its any of those... I would use comon sense and a little respect towards them.... IF I like them.

But if you have more than 5 to 10 feet in between houses, then he needs to invest in sound-proofing his home. But after hours, the volume has to come down.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Crank it up!!! Its your house....unless:

A. Its a Townhome (aka row houses)

B. Its one of those Condos

C. Its an apartment

But if you have more than 5 to 10 feet in between houses, then he needs to invest in sound-proofing his home. But after hours, the volume has to come down.
Nope... Not a Townhouse, Condo or Apartment. Theres about 10 feet between my home and his.

What really gets me is that I don't even have it "Cranked" yet.... It's just moderately loud where I can enjoy it no matter where in the house I am.

HECK! THE FREAKING VACUUM CLEANER (Dyson... So it's not a loud POS) I'M USING IS DROWNING IT OUT!?

So it can't REALLY be that loud can it!?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
Nope... Not a Townhouse, Condo or Apartment. Theres about 10 feet between my home and his.

What really gets me is that I don't even have it "Cranked" yet.... It's just moderately loud where I can enjoy it no matter where in the house I am.

HECK! THE FREAKING VACUUM CLEANER (Dyson... So it's not a loud POS) I'M USING IS DROWNING IT OUT!?

So it can't REALLY be that loud can it!?
if i was your neighbor...and i was a highly regarded brain surgeon that just operated on a 5 yr kid with brain cancer and brain tumors the size of golf balls.....and the surgery took 48 hours (STRAIGHT)...the kid is in STABLE but critical condition....and i wanted sit in front of my tv..and peacefully fall asleep

THEN I WOULD BE PISSED at your music.

otherwise..... crank that m(*)%[email protected]#&(% up! (although id inquire to see if that person works graveyard and needs to sleep through the day. THEN id be a little more understanding).
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I just thought of this too....

I was able to hear the stinkin' doorbell when he rang it... So I think maybe this guy is just overreacting.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
if i was your neighbor...and i was a highly regarded brain surgeon that just operated on a 5 yr kid with brain cancer and brain tumors the size of golf balls.....and the surgery took 48 hours (STRAIGHT)...the kid is in STABLE but critical condition....and i wanted sit in front of my tv..and peacefully fall asleep

THEN I WOULD BE PISSED at your music.

otherwise..... crank that m(*)%[email protected]#&(% up! (although id inquire to see if that person works graveyard and needs to sleep through the day. THEN id be a little more understanding).
See... I asked about that... Whether he was trying to sleep and he said "No... I just can't hear my TV."

I can understand that for sure! I end up working nights ALOT and I understand how difficult it is to sleep during the day, much less with your neighbor listening to music.

And as far as a brain surgeon... Ummm... Not so much. Out of work truck driver.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Take your lawn mower outside (between you two's house's) and crank it up, zip tie the safty handle and let it run while you go "pickicking up debre" around the yard. He cant do squat. Also enjoy a glass of tea on this nice sunny day. while the mower is going...hahahaha
Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

1. Tell him to get one of those magic ear thingys and point it at his TV.
2. Walk outside with him and see if it is loud, maybe point your speaker away from his house.
3. Don't answer the door.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

sounds to me like the type that bitches if you fart the wrong direction

CRANK IT UP..................LOUD AND PROUD
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Heh, just don't get shot over it.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Crank it David!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If he takes it to the next level, the police will be involved and if you're not breaking any laws, the police will tell him to stop complaining. He'll prob no longer 'like' you but is that really a prob?

One thing though - do you have a big bass woofer? Bass carries like crazy. Our house sits a ways off the street and sitting in our den in the back of the house when a loud car stereo goes by the bass will drown out the TV.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You sure you don't live in MD? My father is a grouchy old man that does the same thing to the guys a couple houses down. Complains about their music and how he cant hear his tv. Well pops...love ya to death but you cant hear tiddly winks in a silent room...lol I would have to say, if I am paying mortgage on a HOUSE you can go bleep yourself. Long as you aren't breaking any laws he or my dad don't have a pot to piss in.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sounds like you need a new 1/8 nitro buggy, heard that those engines can take days to break in...
Old 04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Where I live anything goes until 10:00pm, thats actually the law

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.