Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Dr. Michio Kaku: "The World in 2030" >

Dr. Michio Kaku: "The World in 2030"

Dr. Michio Kaku: "The World in 2030"

Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Dr. Michio Kaku: "The World in 2030"

Something for you brainiacs out there...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought we were all going to blow up in 2012...

Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I thought I saw 1:44 nut it was actually 1:44.21 or something like that
Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

More brain food...

Sometimes I think this guy is full of it, but I always try to keep an open mind and try to understand what he is saying. Just remember, the world was once flat - and the sun and the planets revolved around the earth.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Don't watch too much of this stuff at one time.

On a serious note, this will change your entire perception of the universe as you know it. This is definitely a very different way of looking at the world around us.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some of us Discovery Channel addicts have been seeing and hearing about this stuff for many many moons. Its fascinating to the see the steady development of our scientific knowledge. Black Holes went from a theory, to a basis for helping with our understanding of Physics in general. There was a show called "The Hawking Paradox"... where they discussed what happens as a person or object enters a black hole. Initially, there were two theories that both seemed to work, yet they contradict each other. It wasn't until a scientist realized it was a matter of perspective that explained why both, were in fact true.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Some of us Discovery Channel addicts have been seeing and hearing about this stuff for many many moons. Its fascinating to the see the steady development of our scientific knowledge. Black Holes went from a theory, to a basis for helping with our understanding of Physics in general. There was a show called "The Hawking Paradox"... where they discussed what happens as a person or object enters a black hole. Initially, there were two theories that both seemed to work, yet they contradict each other. It wasn't until a scientist realized it was a matter of perspective that explained why both, were in fact true.

The Hawkings Paradox was on TV a few weeks ago and so was an Einstein Biography. What I find amazing, is that Hawkings opens the show by stating that he was born 300 years to the day, after the death of Galileo. WOW!

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

A really awesome explanation of string theory from 2005 by Brian Green that he gave on TED:

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

M-Theory with Edward Witten:

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sometimes I think these guys just make "shit" up as they go..have you ever really watched the show about the string theory..they just come up with numbers to prove their point but never explain where they came up with their numbers..honestly whatever they come up has no real meaning in my life..other than raise my taxes for more studys..really..
Old 03-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Sometimes I think these guys just make "shit" up as they go..have you ever really watched the show about the string theory..they just come up with numbers to prove their point but never explain where they came up with their numbers..honestly whatever they come up has no real meaning in my life..other than raise my taxes for more studys..really..
He says using the computer. That relies on a bucketload of physics to even work. Physics, that would be "shit" to one unstudied in them.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Most people could careless about this stuff, which is fine by me. Most people are just happy going about their normal lives without worrying about things like the origins of the universe, origins of life or what happens after we die. But once you dive into the science behind all of this stuff and realize the possibilities, "life after death" can start to make a whole lot of sense at a level of understanding that those that don't understand this stuff may not.

Some interesting things I think about are: Does our spirit/soul originate from somewhere other than the womb? Where does it go when we die? Is heaven another dimension or alternate universe? Perhaps the answer can be found through science - the type of science these guys are working on.

If this stuff seems confusing, don't fret about it. You really have to be motivated to get beyond the the basics. If you want to start to learn about this stuff, you can start at the link below and then follow the "See also" links.

Introduction to M-theory

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-01-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-01-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Stanford University on YouTube

5. Modern Physics: Cosmology - 8 lectures

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stanford...8811AA667C942F

2. Modern Physics: Quantum Mechanics - 10 lectures

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stanford...C10A9CB1D13841

3. Modern Physics: Special Relativity - 8 lectures

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stanford...D6C043FEC59772

4. Modern Physics: Einstein's Theory - 12 lectures

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stanford...8BDEEBA6BDC78D
Old 04-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
He says using the computer. That relies on a bucketload of physics to even work. Physics, that would be "shit" to one unstudied in them.
I was talking about the string theory as it pertains to explaining the "Big Bang" theorys..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.