Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
anyone a network(internet) enthusiast? >

anyone a network(internet) enthusiast?

anyone a network(internet) enthusiast?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will he let you look at the port forwarding on the router? He's using the L (Linux) version of the 54G thats specifically able to use after market firmware so I assume he is using dd-wrt firmware?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

If not, tell him to get the latest release of that and try. He will love the options over the stock. The stock Linksys firmware isn't that good.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i know exactly what the problem is and I know how to fix it.

We just need to see a screenshot of your network configuration on that linksys so I can walk you through it.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

As mentioned, first plug the xbox into the modem directly. But this is not as easy as just plugging it in. You'll need to set the xbox for DHCP (automatic). If you use DSL or AT&T you'll need your account info to log into the PPOE. Cable you do not have to.

If you connect and all is fine, then the problem is with the router. If not, your xbox is messed up or your ISP is blocking ports.

Some routers allow you to create a DMZ for a particular IP meaning it will block no ports for that particular IP. (You'll need your static IP for this obviously) You can also do port forwarding for particular IP's. You'll need these ports open for the xbox.
  • TCP 80
  • UDP 88
  • UDP 3074
  • TCP 3074
  • UDP 53
  • TCP 53
Old 03-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
As mentioned, first plug the xbox into the modem directly. But this is not as easy as just plugging it in. You'll need to set the xbox for DHCP (automatic). If you use DSL or AT&T you'll need your account info to log into the PPOE. Cable you do not have to.

If you connect and all is fine, then the problem is with the router. If not, your xbox is messed up or your ISP is blocking ports.

Some routers allow you to create a DMZ for a particular IP meaning it will block no ports for that particular IP. (You'll need your static IP for this obviously) You can also do port forwarding for particular IP's. You'll need these ports open for the xbox.
  • TCP 80
  • UDP 88
  • UDP 3074
  • TCP 3074
  • UDP 53
  • TCP 53
the xbox is on a DMZ.

ill try connecting it to the modem directly after i get back from muddin.