Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Where to get the best stuff to make and drift track? >

Where to get the best stuff to make and drift track?

Where to get the best stuff to make and drift track?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Cool Where to get the best stuff to make and drift track?

i went to roadrail.com and that stuff is to high for my pocket where else can i got stuff to make a drift track or any rc track.? cause we dont want to go to a local track cause they want money to host the event there. So we just want to host it n a parking lot. so where can we get the stuff to use ? i heard a hardware store?.
anyone?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Curtis williams View Post
i went to roadrail.com and that stuff is to high for my pocket where else can i got stuff to make a drift track or any rc track.? cause we dont want to go to a local track cause they want money to host the event there. So we just want to host it n a parking lot. so where can we get the stuff to use ? i heard a hardware store?.
anyone?
pvc pipe available at most home depot lows, etc
Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Curtis williams View Post
anyone?
With liabilty issues I doubt any parking owner will let you use their parking lot for free..but I guess you can always do it on the sly..ie: squat..
You guys crack me up..your willing to spend $$$, "squat" on someone elses property raither than pay a track to hold your event..they do have insurance and you would also have permission to be their..but I KNOW you did not want to hear my "rant"..but some Fire Departments will give you their old fire hoses and check around shops (ones that work on tractors) for old plow disks..most just give them away..that is as easy on cars as you can get..Don't use 2x4's..their brutal on TC's..plus you want the track "system" as portable, and cheap as you can..if you can use the local track I would..it makes "things" much easier on you..just pay the $$ and race in a organized event..you'll even have a PA and be covered by their insurance..