6x6

Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 6x6

does any one know who sells 6x6 kits
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Silverado Slammer's conversion came from a place in Troy, NH called Hilltop R/C Hobby and works on all of Traxxas' Maxx chassis (T-Maxx, E-Maxx, SportMaxx, etc. etc.), you supply the extra rear end, body, and a couple of drivetrain bits. Actually a pretty simple bolt-on, over the years a couple of the welds in the upper brace have cracked but they aren't getting any worse and the truck is still structurally sound.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the shop's website in years, might be closed up. Be a shame too, I placed the order over the phone and the guy on the other end seemed like a cool character.

When I was building the Slammer, Hilltop's chief competition came from a company called Gallimods. IMHO the Gallimods 6x6 Maxx conversion was a lot more complicated/overengineered and was a good $100-150 more expensive if I recall. But it did work as advertised, and if the Hilltop kit can't be found I'd say that'd be the next name to try and look up.

If you're a scale fan with a side of rock crawling, I know RC4WD.com just released a set of three worm drive axles including a 6x6 center axle housing.

Good luck!

Super-old pic, but the only one I have of the kit close-up. Camera's at the left rear tire looking forward towards the center axle:
Old 02-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks ill try both