Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Dumbest crash >

Dumbest crash

Dumbest crash

Old 02-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Dumbest crash

What is the dumbest crash you have ever had? What happened?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have yet to be in a crash.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

I got a funniest crash. One race day my buddy and I were practicing with our SC10's before racing, and I got turned around on the straight away right as he was coming around the corner onto the straight. I tired to get out of the way, but somehow his truck ended up with it's front tires on the top of my hood(I was facing backwards). He pulled the trigger in and drove both of us down and off of the straight. We were both laughing so hard we had to walk off of the stand. I don't think either of us realized what had actually happened until afterwords. It was great.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I got a funniest crash. One race day my buddy and I were practicing with our SC10's before racing, and I got turned around on the straight away right as he was coming around the corner onto the straight. I tired to get out of the way, but somehow his truck ended up with it's front tires on the top of my hood(I was facing backwards). He pulled the trigger in and drove both of us down and off of the straight. We were both laughing so hard we had to walk off of the stand. I don't think either of us realized what had actually happened until afterwords. It was great.
I am still laughing and we went so fast, I was convinced you hit reverse and went down the straight in four wheel drive.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

anything that has to do with these stupid slashes, and 4x4 slashes, and short corse truck in general. anything else i break or crash on my own, im just glad a sct didnt do it, so i can yell at myself.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by crazysavage View Post
I am still laughing and we went so fast, I was convinced you hit reverse and went down the straight in four wheel drive.
Ah man, Good times. Good times. I really can't explain what happened. I don't even have reverse enabled.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

i would have to say when i was racing in the short corse,,, in the outdoor season...
i was just going around the corner and ,somehow my front wheel got stuck under this guy wheel fender. and i kept on hitting the throttle,, and i was like what the hell i couldnt see that my wheel ..got stuck in his body ethier lol. me and him was just stuck,, to each other around the corner.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Any crash that involves hitting a turn marshal.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I got taken out marshalling by a lawn dart 8ight T. Im 6'4'' and 180lbs.. hit me in the hip and i folded in half and fell
Old 02-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Usually just ankle biters that I see, but I heard about a guy getting tagged in the head by a 1/8 buggy.

Something about bending over without looking at the end of a triple...
Old 02-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My funniest was at wcrc. They last track they just tore out. It had 2 sets of doubles that were right up against the edge of the track and the wall was about 6 inches taller than them. I tried taking the inside entering into it. Got on the trigger a little fast and went to wide and jumped right off the track. And one time I did it and jumped onto the top of the wall and rolled a fee feet and then dropped back onto the landing off the next double

and me and a few other people kept jumping over the wall in front of the driver stand and getting stuck between the wall and the stand when we would climb down there trying to get out trucks out. And it was all wet down There too

I got nailed in the leg by an Erevo that had a surburban body on it. It was half way down the straight when he lost it and got a little sir as he crossed the pipe and got me right in the leg.

I heard of a guy that had to get stitches when he got hit in the face by an 1/8 buggy
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

drove nitro car with no failsafe and tx aerial down. nuff said?

buggy went straight out driveway, across the road at full throttle, and caught the front left wheel / shock / front left everything on the kerb across the road, and tore it off. car flipped and engine died

either that, or when i first got the car, was running it in, and hadnt tightened up the wheels enough, driving down the road, watch front left wheel fall off and continue to roll down the street. spent half an hour looking for the nut.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Worst I ever had was my second week of racing. Had a marshal walk out in front of about a 35 foot triple where the cars are going about 30 mph....and the race announcer had to visit the head... Hit this dude right in the face with a 10lb truggy. Knocked him out cold, and cut his lip bout down to his chin....he was all kinds of messed up. Had to go to the hospital of course. Face was bruised for months....I felt terrible but when the truggy is in the air, and there's no one announcing to roll the big jumps and you can't possibly see that far ahead on the track....not much I could do. He was a good sport about it and we still talk at the track.....could have been A LOT worse.

Dumbest one was at an indoor race where I was really doing good in the A main......and then jumped off kilter on the triple in front of the drivers stand....and ended up in the scaffolding under the drivers stand, which was of course covered by a banner. None of the Marshals had any idea I was under there, lol. Race over, lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I was speed testing my JRX-S Pro. My top for the day was 63mph, but I had only tried a couple of times. The last time I was doing at least 50 and I hit something small in the road. Just the right size to lift a front wheel. It caught air and tried to do some aerial maneuvers . It was pretty insane because I had taken my body off to check temps. I took this last run with it off. Smart, right? So as it's finding out it isn't an airplane, it decides to try gymnastics. I watched parts fall off as it tumbled down the street. Pretty awesome looking.

It had happened a second time, but this time with the body on. It did a complete back flip and landed on the wheels. I just drove it away.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Mine probably had to be that i was testing my Rustler out on a track near me just for kicks. Took it off one of the jumps a bit too fast and the back of it hit a tree pretty hard and just cracked the whole back a arm right off the car. Could have been a lot worse but honestly who builds a track around a huge tree -_-

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.