Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Fighting on the drivers' stand... literally >

Fighting on the drivers' stand... literally

Fighting on the drivers' stand... literally

Old 01-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Fighting on the drivers' stand... literally

Just got back from the Airtronics Winternationals Race at Revelation Raceway.

Today during one of the mains, two people on the drivers' stand got into a fight and they were actually throwing punches at each other. The race director didn't stop the race, and the race actually finished. Congrats to whoever got 1st place. The police came to the track soon after.

The story that spread through the pits was:
during the race, the older person set down his radio and punched the younger driver's head. Then the two started throwing punches & cursing, the other drivers kept racing, and the race director didn't stop the race.

-horrible representation of the hobby
-possible assault charges
-family & children present

If anyone knows the full story, please share.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wonderful, but at least no firearms got involved. Seen it happen.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

What a shame i would like to hear what really happen myself what class was it in?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I was there is.. it was in Novice of all things.. Just plain stupid. Whatever the reason or the story this type of thing should not happen ever.. and if it does there need to be some kind of punishment.. IMO all parties involved should never be aloud to race at that track again furthermore if that was my track I would call every other track in the area and let them know who was involved and what they did and by letting them race at your track you are running the posibility of this happening at your venue.. again this is just my opinion..
Old 01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

douche bags....
Old 01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher View Post
I was there is.. it was in Novice of all things.. Just plain stupid.
I can understand getting mad but it shouldnt come down to throwing punches that is just childish and it isnt like where making millions racing these things i understand getting mad when someone hits you but thats just plain stupid.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow.... This is just RC racing.. yeah? Imagine getting arrested, and telling your celly what ya in for.... "uh, I beat someone up at an RC track". "a what?" "an RC track".."uh What!?"... "an RC track?"...
Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
I can understand getting mad but it shouldnt come down to throwing punches that is just childish and it isnt like where making millions racing these things i understand getting mad when someone hits you but thats just plain stupid.
you mean you dont get paid for winning, are you serious? lol, i have to agree with you thats just plain stupid. its bad enough when you have to listen to the guy next to you cuss the whole race, let alone have a fist fight going on!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Some people run there mouth on the stand. Yelling at turnmarshals, getting smart with people because there cars get together. It is irritating when your already having a bad day and you get together and someone says thanks, then it just adds to agravation. Competition brings the worst out of people. Everyone should act and behave professionally, which means keeping your comments to yourself and then hopefully it wouldnt lead to a situation like this.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Absolutely should never happen. All involved should be banned from the track. End of story.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Was it fred hubbard that started the fight? Oh wait... hes not novice.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

banning both people wouldn't be fair with the victim. Only the guy that threw the first punch should be the one getting banned.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher View Post
I was there is.. it was in Novice of all things.. Just plain stupid. Whatever the reason or the story this type of thing should not happen ever.. and if it does there need to be some kind of punishment.. IMO all parties involved should never be aloud to race at that track again furthermore if that was my track I would call every other track in the area and let them know who was involved and what they did and by letting them race at your track you are running the posibility of this happening at your venue.. again this is just my opinion..
I agree but I disagree. The person who threw the first punch should be banned period.

If someone hit you first on the back of the head would you just stand there and do nothing. I dont think so, especially if an adult hit a kid.

If that happened to my Son I would literally go crazy on someone without any mercy. Its different when children are involved vs. adults.

I am sure every parent on this forum will agree.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hate to see it, but I have. Just recently a guy who "allegedly" was bragging about a $200 radio; decided to smash it on the driver's stand in a fit of rage. I believe he was racing a 19T 2WD stadium truck. Pieces of the Tx rained all over the place, flew onto the track, etc... I haven't heard a race fall that silent in a long time. It was more embarrassment than anything else. I don't think he wanted to hurt anyone.

It's a Hobby, and when it stops being fun, you need to stop.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Is was there. I know one of the guys, he's not my buddy, but I know who he is because I have seen him at previous events. I have even kicked down some parts to him. I have to say I was really disappointed in his behavior. The race diretor did not stop the race, but he did stop the fight. To top it all off, they both didnt even marshal after the race.....they were busy with Johnny Law

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.