Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Fallout 3 PS3- this game is tick'n me off!! >

Fallout 3 PS3- this game is tick'n me off!!

Fallout 3 PS3- this game is tick'n me off!!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Angry Fallout 3 PS3- this game is tick'n me off!!

the game itself is sweet i really like it however, now that i have all the add-ons: operation anchorage, Pittsburg, swamp add on, and mothership, my game freezes up. sometimes i can play for 10 minutes and it freezes other times i can play for 2 hours and its fine.. what is the deal? can this be fixed?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoosterXp View Post
the game itself is sweet i really like it however, now that i have all the add-ons: operation anchorage, Pittsburg, swamp add on, and mothership, my game freezes up. sometimes i can play for 10 minutes and it freezes other times i can play for 2 hours and its fine.. what is the deal? can this be fixed?
Have you tried playing other games for the same length of time? Is it just FO that does it? I ask, because if you play lots of different games, and have to free up space on your HD allot, it may be time for a wipe and reload. I never noticed, but there could be a defrag function or similar... It's just a laptop PC HD, you may be able to pull it, extract your game data, wipe and reload, then put your game data back on. I'm sure there's a simpler solution, any PS3 guys want to jump in?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Team Tekin

Mine has froze a few times as well, twice last night actually. Make sure the air intake/outlet are clear of dust and fuzz, I just used a compressor to clean mine out this morning.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I have about 27 GB left of free space according to the System check. The system doenst freeze on any other game either, just Fall Out 3. I also put the Nyko Intercooler on it as well.http://crazydealguy.mybisi.com/produ...an_928853.html.

my entire PS3 sits in an entertainment center, it is enclosed on 5 sides and wide open in the front. when the intercooler is running it is pulling out some pretty warm air.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoosterXp View Post
I have about 27 GB left of free space according to the System check. The system doenst freeze on any other game either, just Fall Out 3. I also put the Nyko Intercooler on it as well.http://crazydealguy.mybisi.com/produ...an_928853.html.

my entire PS3 sits in an entertainment center, it is enclosed on 5 sides and wide open in the front. when the intercooler is running it is pulling out some pretty warm air.
FO3 might be a little harder on your system than the other games. More stuff to process = more heat. Try pulling the system from the enclosure, set it out in the open, and try again. That would at least tell you if it's a heat issue.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Team Tekin

The game definitely taxes the PS3, I'm looking at some coolers for mine as well. I'll see if I can find anything on it but it is a huge gaming environment and there is a lot to render and heat is definitely an issue with big games like FO3.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi,

First off.
Ty, it's all your fault!!!!!!!! I now own FO3 on all platforms. and I find the PS3 FO3 the most taxing of all the games I have. I installed a 640gb HD in my PS3 (had a 80 before).
those Nyko intercoolers work ok but I have larger PC fans blowing cooler air on my PS3. this seems to help a lot. I also raised mine up off the surface it was sitting on to help with cooling too.