Am I in the wrong??? >

Am I in the wrong???

Am I in the wrong???

Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Questions?? Am I in the wrong???

Hey lads,
just want to make sure im not being to unreasonable..

Here's the long version
there was an item for sale on this site for $250, i was having paypal probs so i sent the seller a deposit to hold the item over the weekend. Paid for the item on monday 11th and item was sent 12th. It was sent from tennesse, i live in the SW.
Any way the item was sent with del conf not tracking. The item is still not here, according to seller the usps said tomorrow should be the last day it could get here. Mean while i received an item from hong kong purchased on 7th and i received it a few days ago..
Seller has 1 feedback, and i informed him wednesday i was going to put a claim in. since he has maintiained communication i waited til after mail arrived today to put a dispute not a claim.
If item doesnt arrive tomorrow, i will upgrade to claim. Am i wrong for offending this seller, but wanting to make sure he doesnt go drain his account before paypal can recover my funds?
He said he insured it and if it gets lost he will put a claim in. But thats between him and the usps.
Am i a douche or not?

Last edited by sider662; 01-22-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: add on
Old 01-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A claim doesnt do anything more than put a hold on the money which I dont think is unreasonable. Personally I wouldnt put anything on hold until after 2 weeks but if the seller joined less than 6 months ago I might do the same thing.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You're not being a douche. You just want to make sure you don't lose your money. Nothing wrong with that.

You wrote that he insured the item, included delivery confirmation and that he has been maintaining communication. All points in his favor. He is going to be able to determine if it's been delivered or not - and if it never shows up as delivered, then he knows it got lost and so will the USPS.

If the item never gets delivered, there really should be no problem with you getting your money back and his filing a claim for the $250 with the USPS. It just becomes a matter of how long you're both willing to wait before declaring it "lost".

If it doesn't show up tomorrow, you can always contain him and see if he is willing to just return your money and file the claim on his side with the USPS. But keep in mind, that if the thing magically shows up on your doorstep next week, you'll have to send him the money - which puts an interesting spin on things, because then he will be in your shoes.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default ty

thanks for the comments.. i dont burn anyone, hypotechically speaking. if paypal refunded my $$ and item arrived i would send payment right away.. i live and will die via karma...
Old 01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default re

Yup, it did not arrive today, I am glad i made the claim with paypal.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default recvd

Received my item today... I guess there are still honest sellers on here.. The damn usps made me think a fellow tech'r was ripping me off.. No wonder the usps is going out of business.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sider662 View Post
Received my item today... I guess there are still honest sellers on here.. The damn usps made me think a fellow tech'r was ripping me off.. No wonder the usps is going out of business.
Well, just another Govt program living up to expectations.. Glad you rec'd your stuff, very uneasy feeling having paid for something, then not knowing if it was ever sent..Been there, didnt like it either..
Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sider662 View Post
Hey lads,
just want to make sure im not being to unreasonable..

Here's the long version
there was an item for sale on this site for $250, i was having paypal probs so i sent the seller a deposit to hold the item over the weekend. Paid for the item on monday 11th and item was sent 12th. It was sent from tennesse, i live in the SW.
Any way the item was sent with del conf not tracking. The item is still not here, according to seller the usps said tomorrow should be the last day it could get here. Mean while i received an item from hong kong purchased on 7th and i received it a few days ago..
Seller has 1 feedback, and i informed him wednesday i was going to put a claim in. since he has maintiained communication i waited til after mail arrived today to put a dispute not a claim.
If item doesnt arrive tomorrow, i will upgrade to claim. Am i wrong for offending this seller, but wanting to make sure he doesnt go drain his account before paypal can recover my funds?
He said he insured it and if it gets lost he will put a claim in. But thats between him and the usps.
Am i a douche or not?
you're not being a douche since you informed him you were putting in a claim. $250 is a lot.

he has only 1 feedback which would make me worry. you can always post POSITIVE feedback once the item arrives.

i know as a buyer, i worry when i dont receive a tracking # right away (esp if its over $100). so as a seller, i notify the buyer when I am shipping (usually the next day) and always PM and email the tracking #.

good luck.