Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
sICK OF EBAY DEAD BEATS >

sICK OF EBAY DEAD BEATS

sICK OF EBAY DEAD BEATS

Old 12-30-2009, 08:55 AM
  #1  
Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (77)
 
roadrashracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 13,382
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default sICK OF EBAY DEAD BEATS

I've been having a lot of dead beat bidders lately and am getting sick of it, nothing I am selling is r/c just want to make some extra money, I have had three dead beats just this month, some have no feedback and some have lots. I sold and item on the 23 sent many invocies, emailled them to see if the still wanted it, no respones. They have been on and paying for other items after my listing was done, because they are leaving feedback for them so i know they are on.
roadrashracing is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,123
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Don't know how much you know about this stuff, but be careful. Many of these people are scammers. There are many ways you can protect yourself.

Firstly, set your bidding parameters. I don't allow people without feedback to bid. Or without a certain amount. Also, I only allow US bidders.

If someone does win a bid and send payment, MAKE SURE YOU go to paypal.com and check your account. Don't follow any links, go directly there. I've received a few fake paypal payments. You can always tell because their grammar is absolute garbage. Not that I'm an English teach or anything, but c'mon.

Also, read some of the feedback. I read one that was a positive mark, but said negative stuff. It was a scammer outed. Just be vigilant, everyone on ebay is out to make money, and not all of them are legit.
marooko is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
CBHVR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

i sell alot on ebay. there are those dead beats out there. theres nothing you can do about it. you can however, when you list your items, make a minimum feedback for buyers. i set mine at at least 5. the people who don't pay me after my time limit(48 hours) get reported. Most pay within a week of that. The ones who don't end up leaving ebay. I accept paypal only and obviously do not ship until payment is received. Worst Case is you lose your listing fee and have to relist it again. There are millions and millions of users on ebay, unfortunately there are some bad ones there too. Don't get too frustrated, just do what you have to do.
CBHVR6 is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 10:27 AM
  #4  
Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (77)
 
roadrashracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 13,382
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

the frist time I forgot to set guide lines, and the second time I did, the person had 32+ 100% feedback and has many transactions in the last week, I get final value on the first. He has not responded to any e-mails and will problley pay at the last minuite. In the listing I said payment must be recived with 24 hours.
roadrashracing is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
  #5  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
oXYnary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I don't think ebay rules allow you to stipulate your time period for receiving money that quickly. The best you can do is open a non-payment received after 7 days I believe. They give a week for the person to respond. If nothing, then they give you credit back on your account for the listing fee.
oXYnary is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 05:09 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
boomgagem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, GA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

When I sell something on ebay, if the buyer hasn't paid within a reasonable amount of time, I use the second chance offer.
boomgagem is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 08:42 PM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Curtis williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Suffolk,Va USA
Posts: 851
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Arrow

i am fighting with a seller now cause he claims to sent my item off. but the kicker is that he claims to shipped it off with paypal shipping. and they always give you a tracking number when you use paypal shipping. i ask him for a tracking number he dont give me one. he just say i shipped it off already. and it took him along time to answer my emails. about the item. then i just went to paypal and opened up a didnt get item case on him. and he still claims he shipped it out. and when i asked how he keep saying paypal shipping who he fooling. i just paid for a pitbull charger from a person on here. he used paypal shipping he got a tracking number and i got a email saying what it was.
soooo hummm o the persons name on ebay is kennethle007

beware
Curtis williams is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Curtis williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Suffolk,Va USA
Posts: 851
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Red face

and i just had 2 buyers kicked off for making threats
pauld706 and tsp30580
Curtis williams is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 05:41 AM
  #9  
Suspended
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
the frist time I forgot to set guide lines, and the second time I did, the person had 32+ 100% feedback and has many transactions in the last week, I get final value on the first. He has not responded to any e-mails and will problley pay at the last minuite. In the listing I said payment must be recived with 24 hours.
you can say anything you want, but unless the bidder is breaking one of eBay's rules you've got no recourse or reason to complain. sometimes I think infrequent sellers think that eBay is like a convenience store, quick purchases and transactions, when it really is not.

to me I keep noticing more and more "deadbeat sellers" - that want your money quick, yet in some cases even admit they're not going to send the item until 10-days to 2-weeks after receipt of verified payment.
justanotherdude is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 06:37 AM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
CBHVR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

theres nothing anyone can do to avoid dead beats, just use paypal only and pray the transaction goes good. I've probably had 3 "issues" with buyers out of the last 50+ things sold this month.

Also, when you ship, charge more for shipping to include signature confirmation. So that the buyer can not say they never received their item.

Its Sad that it has to be like this though
CBHVR6 is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 06:50 AM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Curtis williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Suffolk,Va USA
Posts: 851
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Talking

yeah it is sad but it happens alot tho to people and some people do think its a store.
Curtis williams is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 08:09 AM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,123
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Curtis williams View Post
i am fighting with a seller now cause he claims to sent my item off. but the kicker is that he claims to shipped it off with paypal shipping. and they always give you a tracking number when you use paypal shipping. i ask him for a tracking number he dont give me one. he just say i shipped it off already. and it took him along time to answer my emails. about the item. then i just went to paypal and opened up a didnt get item case on him. and he still claims he shipped it out. and when i asked how he keep saying paypal shipping who he fooling. i just paid for a pitbull charger from a person on here. he used paypal shipping he got a tracking number and i got a email saying what it was.
soooo hummm o the persons name on ebay is kennethle007

beware
I may only start dealing with people that ship through paypal or ebay. I'm waiting for something now that supposedly got shipped. I can only take the persons word. If it's even an actual person. No confirmation, no emails, no nothing. Just told it was shipped. A day later than it was supposed to be.

I ship same day with confirmation. through paypal. Every time.
marooko is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
  #13  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 607
Default

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
I've been having a lot of dead beat bidders lately and am getting sick of it
I hate ebay with a passion, and one of the reasons I stopped selling stuff on there. I was a better buyer than a seller, everytime I sold something I was hit
by a deadbeat bidder. Then when you re-list the item you owe ebay money for the re-listing fees. I have better deals on www.tamiyaclub.com than any other website.
electricguy007 is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 12:05 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
CBHVR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by electricguy007 View Post
I hate ebay with a passion, and one of the reasons I stopped selling stuff on there. I was a better buyer than a seller, everytime I sold something I was hit
by a deadbeat bidder. Then when you re-list the item you owe ebay money for the re-listing fees. I have better deals on www.tamiyaclub.com than any other website.
Yes, especially with rc stuff, i try to sell it on a forum to a trusted member before resorting to ebay.
CBHVR6 is offline  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 PM
  #15  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Curtis williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Suffolk,Va USA
Posts: 851
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

i feel you
Curtis williams is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.