R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Chat Lounge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge-9/)
-   -   sICK OF EBAY DEAD BEATS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/355962-sick-ebay-dead-beats.html)

roadrashracing 12-30-2009 08:55 AM

sICK OF EBAY DEAD BEATS
 
I've been having a lot of dead beat bidders lately and am getting sick of it, nothing I am selling is r/c just want to make some extra money, I have had three dead beats just this month, some have no feedback and some have lots. I sold and item on the 23 sent many invocies, emailled them to see if the still wanted it, no respones. They have been on and paying for other items after my listing was done, because they are leaving feedback for them so i know they are on.

marooko 12-30-2009 09:36 AM

Don't know how much you know about this stuff, but be careful. Many of these people are scammers. There are many ways you can protect yourself.

Firstly, set your bidding parameters. I don't allow people without feedback to bid. Or without a certain amount. Also, I only allow US bidders.

If someone does win a bid and send payment, MAKE SURE YOU go to paypal.com and check your account. Don't follow any links, go directly there. I've received a few fake paypal payments. You can always tell because their grammar is absolute garbage. Not that I'm an English teach or anything, but c'mon.

Also, read some of the feedback. I read one that was a positive mark, but said negative stuff. It was a scammer outed. Just be vigilant, everyone on ebay is out to make money, and not all of them are legit.

CBHVR6 12-30-2009 10:11 AM

i sell alot on ebay. there are those dead beats out there. theres nothing you can do about it. you can however, when you list your items, make a minimum feedback for buyers. i set mine at at least 5. the people who don't pay me after my time limit(48 hours) get reported. Most pay within a week of that. The ones who don't end up leaving ebay. I accept paypal only and obviously do not ship until payment is received. Worst Case is you lose your listing fee and have to relist it again. There are millions and millions of users on ebay, unfortunately there are some bad ones there too. Don't get too frustrated, just do what you have to do.

roadrashracing 12-30-2009 10:27 AM

the frist time I forgot to set guide lines, and the second time I did, the person had 32+ 100% feedback and has many transactions in the last week, I get final value on the first. He has not responded to any e-mails and will problley pay at the last minuite. In the listing I said payment must be recived with 24 hours.

oXYnary 12-30-2009 04:50 PM

I don't think ebay rules allow you to stipulate your time period for receiving money that quickly. The best you can do is open a non-payment received after 7 days I believe. They give a week for the person to respond. If nothing, then they give you credit back on your account for the listing fee.

boomgagem 12-30-2009 05:09 PM

When I sell something on ebay, if the buyer hasn't paid within a reasonable amount of time, I use the second chance offer.

Curtis williams 12-30-2009 08:42 PM

i am fighting with a seller now cause he claims to sent my item off. but the kicker is that he claims to shipped it off with paypal shipping. and they always give you a tracking number when you use paypal shipping. i ask him for a tracking number he dont give me one. he just say i shipped it off already. and it took him along time to answer my emails. about the item. then i just went to paypal and opened up a didnt get item case on him. and he still claims he shipped it out. and when i asked how he keep saying paypal shipping who he fooling. i just paid for a pitbull charger from a person on here. he used paypal shipping he got a tracking number and i got a email saying what it was.
soooo hummm o the persons name on ebay is kennethle007

beware:flaming:

Curtis williams 12-30-2009 08:43 PM

and i just had 2 buyers kicked off for making threats
pauld706 and tsp30580

justanotherdude 12-31-2009 05:41 AM


Originally Posted by roadrashracing (Post 6783023)
the frist time I forgot to set guide lines, and the second time I did, the person had 32+ 100% feedback and has many transactions in the last week, I get final value on the first. He has not responded to any e-mails and will problley pay at the last minuite. In the listing I said payment must be recived with 24 hours.

you can say anything you want, but unless the bidder is breaking one of eBay's rules you've got no recourse or reason to complain. sometimes I think infrequent sellers think that eBay is like a convenience store, quick purchases and transactions, when it really is not.

to me I keep noticing more and more "deadbeat sellers" - that want your money quick, yet in some cases even admit they're not going to send the item until 10-days to 2-weeks after receipt of verified payment.

CBHVR6 12-31-2009 06:37 AM

theres nothing anyone can do to avoid dead beats, just use paypal only and pray the transaction goes good. I've probably had 3 "issues" with buyers out of the last 50+ things sold this month.

Also, when you ship, charge more for shipping to include signature confirmation. So that the buyer can not say they never received their item.

Its Sad that it has to be like this though

Curtis williams 12-31-2009 06:50 AM

yeah it is sad but it happens alot tho to people and some people do think its a store.

marooko 12-31-2009 08:09 AM


Originally Posted by Curtis williams (Post 6785586)
i am fighting with a seller now cause he claims to sent my item off. but the kicker is that he claims to shipped it off with paypal shipping. and they always give you a tracking number when you use paypal shipping. i ask him for a tracking number he dont give me one. he just say i shipped it off already. and it took him along time to answer my emails. about the item. then i just went to paypal and opened up a didnt get item case on him. and he still claims he shipped it out. and when i asked how he keep saying paypal shipping who he fooling. i just paid for a pitbull charger from a person on here. he used paypal shipping he got a tracking number and i got a email saying what it was.
soooo hummm o the persons name on ebay is kennethle007

beware:flaming:

I may only start dealing with people that ship through paypal or ebay. I'm waiting for something now that supposedly got shipped. I can only take the persons word. If it's even an actual person. No confirmation, no emails, no nothing. Just told it was shipped. A day later than it was supposed to be.

I ship same day with confirmation. through paypal. Every time.

electricguy007 12-31-2009 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by roadrashracing (Post 6782739)
I've been having a lot of dead beat bidders lately and am getting sick of it

I hate ebay with a passion, and one of the reasons I stopped selling stuff on there. I was a better buyer than a seller, everytime I sold something I was hit
by a deadbeat bidder. :flaming: Then when you re-list the item you owe ebay money for the re-listing fees. I have better deals on www.tamiyaclub.com than any other website.

CBHVR6 12-31-2009 12:05 PM


Originally Posted by electricguy007 (Post 6787697)
I hate ebay with a passion, and one of the reasons I stopped selling stuff on there. I was a better buyer than a seller, everytime I sold something I was hit
by a deadbeat bidder. :flaming: Then when you re-list the item you owe ebay money for the re-listing fees. I have better deals on www.tamiyaclub.com than any other website.

Yes, especially with rc stuff, i try to sell it on a forum to a trusted member before resorting to ebay.

Curtis williams 12-31-2009 11:58 PM

i feel you


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:08 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.