Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
cheap laptop battery >

cheap laptop battery

cheap laptop battery

Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default cheap laptop battery

Hi guys can any one suggest me about the what kind of Battery of Dell laptop would preferred in terms of the cost effective way.......i haven't know the parameters of it like what volt as well as the mAH (I dont know what's this basically just read from the label of stick on it) needed thare...and etc...
I have really got some cheap one temporary to go ahead with my study in this time......so guys have any suggestions about this than please share with me......
Thanks for reading this much stuff......!!..
Old 12-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m.saffered View Post
Hi guys can any one suggest me about the what kind of Battery of Dell laptop would preferred in terms of the cost effective way.......i haven't know the parameters of it like what volt as well as the mAH (I dont know what's this basically just read from the label of stick on it) needed thare...and etc...
I have really got some cheap one temporary to go ahead with my study in this time......so guys have any suggestions about this than please share with me......
Thanks for reading this much stuff......!!..
you buy a new one, untill then to use an extention cord...
Old 12-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm sorry I do not understand what you are asking? If its about using them for RC, forget it,they do not have enough discharge capability.

If you're asking about using them in a laptop, go to eBay and search for you laptop, the batts will be there. You'll pay way too much if you buy it from Dell. If you want genuine Dell batt, those are there on eBay as well.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default reply

Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
I'm sorry I do not understand what you are asking? If its about using them for RC, forget it,they do not have enough discharge capability.

If you're asking about using them in a laptop, go to eBay and search for you laptop, the batts will be there. You'll pay way too much if you buy it from Dell. If you want genuine Dell batt, those are there on eBay as well.
no dude........i am not asking about the ebay ......and i know that it's too costly there from original one......and i am just in search of the cheap good one....in just temporary basis....
By the thanks for your suggestions i w'll go for it......
Old 12-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Lord

Which model laptop? Usually the prob with a non Dell batt is that any warranty is voided by using one. If you're past warranty, then it doesn't really matter and cheapest may be the best, especially if you run off AC most of the time anyway.

There are a ton of re-sellers on eBay and thats where I get my parts for my 2Dell laptops (9100 and 6000) - all except hard drives and those I get from a local Frys. I've bought memory, fans and replacement screens for cheap on eBay.

There are some Ebay re-sellers that post their non-eBay websites so if avoiding eBay is your goal, go there and search for those kind of places, its super copmetitive on most things and you should be able to find a good batt for cheap either on or outside eBay.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ummmm, this thread really is in the wrong section, I know it says Radio & Electronics, but that's suppoised to be as they relate to R/C. This thread really should be posted in the Chat Lounge, & as such, that's where it's going now....
Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

not sure about the dell.. but my toshiba laptop needs a new battery too, but they are $135 new so i keep the battery in it and just leave it plugged into the wall, i can go only maybe 45 mins before the battery dies.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default cheap laptop batteries

Which model laptop? Usually the prob with a non Dell batt is that any warranty is voided by using one. If you're past warranty, then it doesn't really matter and cheapest may be the best, especially if you run off AC most of the time anyway.

There are a ton of re-sellers on eBay and thats where I get my parts for my 2Dell laptops (9100 and 6000) - all except hard drives and those I get from a local Frys. I've bought memory, fans and replacement screens for cheap on eBay.

There are some Ebay re-sellers that post their non-eBay websites so if avoiding eBay is your goal, go there and search for those kind of places, its super copmetitive on most things and you should be able to find a good batt for cheap either on or outside eBay.
k thanks mann , i w'll go for ebay and just check out up to my economy level.....!!...let's see is it comfortable from mine or not...
By the way thanks for the info...!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by savage.25 View Post
not sure about the dell.. but my toshiba laptop needs a new battery too, but they are $135 new so i keep the battery in it and just leave it plugged into the wall, i can go only maybe 45 mins before the battery dies.
hey it's just only up to 45 mins......!!...is it enough for you ?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Lord

When I'm working in a clients office (which is most of the time), my laptop is plugged in and runs for 8 - 10hrs a day. I've found out thats not good for the laptop battery long term. Once a week or so, I unplug and run the laptop batt down below 50% and then plug back in and let the batt re-charge. Since I've started doing this, I haven't had to replace another laptop battery and its been 3+yrs of 40-60hrs a week useage.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I'm working in a clients office (which is most of the time), my laptop is plugged in and runs for 8 - 10hrs a day. I've found out thats not good for the laptop battery long term. Once a week or so, I unplug and run the laptop batt down below 50% and then plug back in and let the batt re-charge. Since I've started doing this, I haven't had to replace another laptop battery and its been 3+yrs of 40-60hrs a week useage.
As they're li-ion, the best thing to do if it's plugged in is run with the battery out. The laptop will charge them between 95 and 100% otherwise, which is no good. I use mine on battery all the time though, as I take it to school. 3:30 using fedora linux, 2:30 on windows 7, 2:00 on windows vista.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

I didn't realize I could run without the battery in, but after trying it, now I know I can. Not sure I like that as it leaves this huge hole in the bottom and the batt actually has one of the 4 corner 'legs (rubber bumper), so laptop isn't stable without it.

That is what I monitor, if laptop will keep batt charged or not. When any of the batts I've had go bad, thats the 1st sign - all of a sudden it won't charge to 100%. They get worse an worse once that starts, so its terminal.

I use a diff laptop for each of my primary clients so their work never gets mixed up. Both batts are now more than 2x older than the ones that died. Running batt down once a week appears to be helping. I'll try to start using batt power more often.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by m.saffered View Post
hey it's just only up to 45 mins......!!...is it enough for you ?
nope nowhere near long enough.. mine should last 2-3 hours on its own power.. not plugged in..

if we are travelling long distances (we go to chilliwack BC, about 4 hour drive) quite a bit, we race lawnmower and travel lots for that, i usually take a DVD or 2 with me to watch, but i can only watch like 45 mins of it.. i wanna be able to watch the whole damn thing... you can get 12v cord that plugs into your vehicle's cig lighter which i might get also..
Old 12-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Interesting......i dont know about this...because actually i am running from my laptop every time from direct electricity supply with plugged-in ...so let's i w'll also check out with it....!
Thanks mann...for kind info....!