Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
HOME MADE TYRES.......the best tires for rc cars.......free and with a very long live >

HOME MADE TYRES.......the best tires for rc cars.......free and with a very long live

HOME MADE TYRES.......the best tires for rc cars.......free and with a very long live

Old 01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,123
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

This guy was part of the inspiration for my modded wheelie bar.

I got a wheelie bar but the wheels on it sucked BAD!!! I can't really afford the upgrade wheels at the moment, so here's what I did.




Yes, those are TC wheels. It freaking works great.
marooko is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 AM
  #32  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Digit09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,780
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Engrish and grammer lessons aren't too expensive either.

But I'm not English teacher, so who am I to talk and point fingers....right?
HA ha ha, I dont know about you, but his english is better than my spanish!!!!
Digit09 is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
  #33  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
miquelmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

this is the new links for the videos......... I had problems with the youtube shits-moderators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHG6B6yXbYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha_Sh5wVDUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIu54...eature=related
miquelmah is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 05:52 AM
  #34  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Some may laugh at the tyres, but if they are ok for YOU, then I say you are having the last laugh

Ok, so they are not competition tyres, but tyres are tyres, it keeps the car working, even better if they cost nothing and/or work ok!

Enjoy the car!
tc3team is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 06:13 AM
  #35  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
miquelmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

thanks tc3team.........

this is the new models with +traction...............







regards

Last edited by miquelmah; 02-24-2010 at 06:33 AM.
miquelmah is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 12:42 PM
  #36  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
miquelmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggeakxq9R-U
miquelmah is offline  
Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 PM
  #37  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Frozenshades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: College Station, TX/Southlake, TX
Posts: 514
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Some may laugh at the tyres, but if they are ok for YOU, then I say you are having the last laugh

Ok, so they are not competition tyres, but tyres are tyres, it keeps the car working, even better if they cost nothing and/or work ok!

Enjoy the car!
+1

Well said! Its great to see people overcome their limitations and find ways to enjoy the hobby they love.

That build is great man. I love it
Frozenshades is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 07:56 AM
  #38  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
miquelmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

at this moment in my kyosho lazer zx5 I use the home made tyres and the 1/10 tt tyres........ and the time per lap is the same.......the difference is the home made have a durability +10 times and are free.... amazing tyres









Last edited by miquelmah; 03-27-2010 at 12:24 PM.
miquelmah is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:10 AM
  #39  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
miquelmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

at this moment in my kyosho lazer I use the home made tyres and the 1/10 tt tyres........ and the time per lap is the same.......the difference is the home made have a durability +10 times and are free.... amazing tyres

Last edited by miquelmah; 03-27-2010 at 12:26 PM.
miquelmah is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:31 AM
  #40  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCNitroDude999 View Post
no longer are hard work and effort relevant in the rc hobby!
Yea, because we all know the hard, arduous work and effort it takes to pull a part designed for our specific vehicle out of those 5mil plastic bags and bolt them on. What is that guy thinking, being all creative and saving money like that.
Jeckler is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
  #41  
nib
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: sonoma county
Posts: 99
Default

to all those that talked smack you are too removed from the fact that these are toy cars to be healthy in any way.While out playing i use a tamiya brat w/ duct tape on the body,but am an avid 1/5 1/8 and 1/10 sale racer that other companies help support.so just cus i play with my beater chasing cats n such my whole collection of toy cars should be judged?get real.my beat up work truck must make my 540 m sport bmw ghetto as well right?.........love the tires and the fans shock towers ect have fun and play hard,it makes real life that much better
nib is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 PM
  #42  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

miquelmah: kudos to you and your ingenious product, really inspiring, I'll probably work on making my own set for practice and show off, tires really are expensive and if you are an avid racer then just tires and fuel can cost you upto $100/week. Thanks again for the idea!

ps: I donno if you noticed but your front passenger side shock shaft is bent. Actually that would be the driver side in Europe, anyways its the front right shock
TopGearRC is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 AM
  #43  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
miquelmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xjqkz View Post
miquelmah: kudos to you and your ingenious product, really inspiring, I'll probably work on making my own set for practice and show off, tires really are expensive and if you are an avid racer then just tires and fuel can cost you upto $100/week. Thanks again for the idea!

ps: I donno if you noticed but your front passenger side shock shaft is bent. Actually that would be the driver side in Europe, anyways its the front right shock
jejeje......... you have a great sight ........... the following day of I make the photos I saw........... the shock is in perfect condition......the problem is the suport of the spring is go out of her place....... in 2 seconds is in her place and ready to run


regards and thanks
miquelmah is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 05:00 AM
  #44  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
miquelmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nib View Post
to all those that talked smack you are too removed from the fact that these are toy cars to be healthy in any way.While out playing i use a tamiya brat w/ duct tape on the body,but am an avid 1/5 1/8 and 1/10 sale racer that other companies help support.so just cus i play with my beater chasing cats n such my whole collection of toy cars should be judged?get real.my beat up work truck must make my 540 m sport bmw ghetto as well right?.........love the tires and the fans shock towers ect have fun and play hard,it makes real life that much better
exactly........... this is a very expensive hobby .................. If I need buy all the tyres of I use, I need spend 20-30usd every 2weeks........the parts of rc are very expensive and for me is impossible spend 300usd every year ONLY IN TYRES.......

regards
miquelmah is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 AM
  #45  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

if everyone start making tires this way and realize how easy and inexpensive it is to make tires, i bet these big tire companies would bring their prices down. $32.48 for a set of rubbers with foams (without rims) is outrageous.
TopGearRC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.