Why can't Flat track be televised? >

Why can't Flat track be televised?

Why can't Flat track be televised?

Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helibrian View Post
+2

Not enough interest=sponsorship=$$$. Those flat track guys don't even make enough prize dough to pay for gas. Now if you could get people to bet on it and get the vegas odds makers involved, it would be on ABC/NBC once a week.

...Unique Whips.....GAWD! Just listening to those idiots makes me want to shoot myself in the friggin head....bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch....don't git it twisted yo, I wuz brought up in da hood!....bitch bitch...wrecked is very similar. The Teutuls are the only ones that can pull that crap off and make it seem entertaining....even boyd couldn't pull it off, he just made himself out to be a greedy a-hole.... new concept please.
I don't even bother w/ the speed channel much anymore.
I agree..problem is the demographics, which are uneducated dumba$$es that love that kind of disfunctional arguing. So bling bling and a zoom zoom, slap me some 40's on my Escalade and spiral television further into the unimaginational abyss.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I used to go to a buddies house on Monday nights back in the late 90's. He had Speedvision on his cable system, and I didn't. The variety of stuff they showed those evenings was great. World Rally, FIA Sports Car champ., truck racing (as in 18 wheelers minus the trailers), DTM, V8 supercars, etc.

I don't have a problem with them showing NASCAR stuff on the weekends because it is the most popular motorsport in the US, and to their credit, they do show ALMS, F1, and Grand-Am races, but the reality crap has to go. Maybe give it one night a week (reality Wednesday, or something like that) and leave the rest to actual racing. Bring back 2-wheel Tuesday and even though ESPN started it, bring back Thursday Night Thunder USAC races (loved that stuff when I was growing up.

Oh yeah, and why do they only show 80% of the ARCA races. They don't televise either of the 2 dirt track races and a few of the other short track races. They always hype the series up (these guys race on ALL kinds of tracks)...WELL THEN SHOW US ALL OF THEM!!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why don't they show (fill in the blank) on Speed? Money. No other reason.

The reality shows suck. Let's see more racing. And whatever happened to the SCCA runoffs???
Old 11-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Why don't they show (fill in the blank) on Speed? Money. No other reason.

The reality shows suck. Let's see more racing. And whatever happened to the SCCA runoffs???
SCCA runoffs are usually on beginning of January, if I remember correctly.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhc8guru View Post
I agree..problem is the demographics, which are uneducated dumba$$es that love that kind of disfunctional arguing. So bling bling and a zoom zoom, slap me some 40's on my Escalade and spiral television further into the unimaginational abyss.
I will agree with you on the "whips" show..most of the cars they do are not my style..but on your views and your remarks towards NASCAR fans your just as narrowminded as the "rednecks" your capping on..