Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Holy crap! My RC spending hit super nova this year! >

Holy crap! My RC spending hit super nova this year!

Holy crap! My RC spending hit super nova this year!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Fortunately my drinking budget is only about 50 bux a year. I'm not a big drinker

Unfortunately my smoking budget is 3000 a year. This has got to STOP.

Especially in light of recent news. My good friend, World and National champ slot car racer and damn good rc racer Jon Laster died of lung cancer a few months ago.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChillinVillain View Post
I had to make sure. Your from Tx... We send our DHC's to the drilling rigs all over down there.

Sucks you got cut, travel isnt going to increase anytime soon either...
Another corporate CEO tool (Dave Seigel)touted to the US Airways board about how great he was and showed his great track record. He commanded big bucks and in the end was fired by the board for reasons of running the company in the ground. In the mean time many lost their jobs to the dousch bag. Mind you the previous CEO up and quit after the United merger fell through, leaving that CEO with an $80 million parachute payable by United if the deal went under. He disappeared after receiving the money...never to be found. Simultaneously 911 happened with United leading the pack begging for money from the government to bail them out from such stupid deals as mentioned above. I am convinced there are only maybe ten CEO's in the US and all they do is move from company to company raiding them for all they got and give nothing in return other then a wake of bankruptsy shortly after they move on to there next victim.
Out of about 15 of my close friends who all worked as commercial pilots, two of them still work as pilots. The rest reinvented there careers and walked away from that profession. Thats why the airlines are stuck with hiring inexperienced low time pilots. Even that is going to get tough for them as the only people who can work for what the airline peanut pay are young rich kids who have parents who can pay for the $50,000 in training and then support them for ten years while they make $10,000 a year salery.
Airplanes with essentially become UAV's in the future and they will eliminate having pilots. They are working on it.

I digress...

Cary, if you got 14 amain t-shirts, you have a problem.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My advice:

This hobby is a money pit. Yes, it's loads of fun, but you need to use some good judgment. If you can pay cash for everything (also equals paying off your credit card statements when they come) and don't tap into your savings/emergency fund, spend all you want and have a good time. If you start going into debt and "stealing" money from your savings account, it's time to take a step back and think about what your priorities are in life.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I spent about 4 - 5K in the last year, but that was mainly because I was getting back into the hobby after alot of years away. I mainly bought all used cars and rebuilt them as needed with the exception of my 1/18 cars which were bought new. Now I have a great selection of cars and trucks and a TON of spare parts. I doubt that I'll spend a quarter of that this next year.