paypal ?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default paypal ?

hi just wondering what would be the diffrence between a credit card payment or paypal? i never used paypal, is there any benefits useing paypal,rather then a credit card. thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

you can set it up so it comes out of your bank acount like a credit card so you dont have to wait for the three day transfer
Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For me PayPal is nice because most online stores nowadays have a "Pay via PayPal" option. That way, PayPal manages the transaction and I'm not giving my financial information to every online store I buy from
Old 10-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

When the going gets tough, the credit card company willback you up.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
When the going gets tough, the credit card company willback you up.
From personal experience from being a vendor and a consumer, VISA always sides with the consumer. If the consumer reports anything to VISA, VISA will automatically refund the consumer's money and then investigate the vendor. It is up to the vendor to prove that the consumer made the purchase, is wrong, or did receive the item. As a consumer, I always feel very confident using Visa. As a vendor, I always make sure I have paperwork to prove my case.

However your question was regarding paypal. I use paypal also as a vendor and a consumer. As a vendor, transactions have always gone very smoothly without trouble. As a consumer using ebay, Paypal claims they will insure your entire EBAY transaction if you make the purchase through Paypal. Never had to use this insurance, but it's nice to know that they offer it.

seg
Old 10-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Only diff I see is if you use Paypal directly from your bank acct, the vendor gets the money pretty much instantly. Credit card is slower, but has advantages if buying something from another person. If there is trouble with the deal, credit card is there versus Paypal is not unless the purchase is thru eBay.