Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Modern Warfare 2 >

Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare 2

Old 01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I nearly popped WaW back in, to shoot some Zombies. I get burned out on MP altogether. At least the zombies don't hide and wait for you...
Old 01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ha! I too notice that MW2 is campy, especially Hard-core where the kill cam doesn't pop up. At least in regular TDM you can watch where you were killed from and take action. Players in HC just hold a position and the gameplay is slow. To each his own, but I actually like the faster gameplay of regular.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tony Vega View Post
Ha! I too notice that MW2 is campy, especially Hard-core where the kill cam doesn't pop up. At least in regular TDM you can watch where you were killed from and take action. Players in HC just hold a position and the gameplay is slow. To each his own, but I actually like the faster gameplay of regular.

You do know that if you feel that game is too "campy" that I bet you are camping...I don't feel like the game is slow, I run around.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Also, I see that everybody likes to blame campers, modems, connections, the space shuttle for getting beat. Our little group seems to win and not camp. AND if you find a camper and die 10 times trying to kill them...YOU SUCK, lol.

I love campers. They kill me once and I kill them. Also if you're sniper, you camp by design.

Camping is sitting in some dumb spot on the map and waiting for somebody to wander in. Holding a side of the map is....get this, LIKE REAL COMBAT. Crazy.

There are just as many campers in EVERY COD I've played. Just now people who think they were super good, don't do as well and they can't just accept that their fake 2:1 death ratio isn't for real.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DerekB View Post
You do know that if you feel that game is too "campy" that I bet you are camping...I don't feel like the game is slow, I run around.
Ha Beer! Not as bad as Chris. I do suck but I often think it's because I like to run around in HC to speed things up. For some strange reason my kills are way higher in regular than HC but we are a fun group of old R/C'ers as well as the Murk guys.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Our little group seems to win and not camp. AND if you find a camper and die 10 times trying to kill them...YOU SUCK, lol.
Dont know...I think I brought yall's team down quite a bit last night!

EA
Old 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Ha Beer! Not as bad as Chris. I do suck but I often think it's because I like to run around in HC to speed things up. For some strange reason my kills are way higher in regular than HC but we are a fun group of old R/C'ers as well as the Murk guys.

Of course it's better in regular, it takes more bullets to kill somebody.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Dont know...I think I brought yall's team down quite a bit last night!

EA

LOL, but we still won We had lots of people bitching about needing to "reset their router" because they think they are lagging...not losing.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Also, I see that everybody likes to blame campers, modems, connections, the space shuttle for getting beat. Our little group seems to win and not camp. AND if you find a camper and die 10 times trying to kill them...YOU SUCK, lol.

I love campers. They kill me once and I kill them. Also if you're sniper, you camp by design.

Camping is sitting in some dumb spot on the map and waiting for somebody to wander in. Holding a side of the map is....get this, LIKE REAL COMBAT. Crazy.

There are just as many campers in EVERY COD I've played. Just now people who think they were super good, don't do as well and they can't just accept that their fake 2:1 death ratio isn't for real.
I dig this.

Sniping isn't camping.
Holding an area isn't camping.

Yes, these points were made. But apparently need to made repeatedly.

And on top of all that...It's a game children, relax.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Man, I am so close to bringing home my tripod, setting up my digi cam behind my head pointed at the TV and filming what I'm experiencing.(I don't feel like spending the time, or money to put together a proper recording system) Some people say camping is a legitimate technique, but I don't think these guys have or are seeing what I'm seeing.

This morning in a match on Favela, playing Domination, I jumped in with a pretty small group. There were 8 total players, 4 per team. Match starts, we run to A, capture it. I run to B, capture it, then I make my way to C, which is still unclaimed. On my way there, I notice something... no sound. No gunfire, nades, stunners... NOTHIN! I capture C, still haven't even SEEN anyone else. I double check, yeah, we're all still here. I wonder around a bit, NOTHIN! It took me FOREVER to even FIND the other team. Wanna know where they were? Camped out in that building next to B. I tripped a claymore, got blowed up. Went back, got sniped as I rounded the corner. No biggy, I try a different route, get a couple, then I get shot, no biggy. Funny thing was, all 4 of them were right on TOP of B... but nobody bothered to capture it! We won the game, I had fewer kills than deaths, while the other team had NOTHING BUT KILLS! Why do they even bother to play Dom?
hey R40.... ill bite. (warning.. im gonna clown on you.. dont take it personal. i clown on everyone, even myself. self-deprecating humor is always best).

the above in red bold... if you bitch about people not playing the game the right way... who cares when you won? why are you complaining? you won didnt you? let them play and lose. K/D is directly related to Win/Loss.... if your K/D is high.. and your Win/Loss isnt... that means you're only playing for K/D. right? i prefer winning.... than a higher K/D... cus in the end a TEAM (like the one i play on) always wins in end and we're better than higher K/D guys.

my K/D is decent...and my Win/Loss is even better. cream of the crop always rises to the top.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Lord

hey wait a minute!

i CAMP high traffic areas. its NOT MY FAULT they trip my claymores and i have scavenger. before i prestiged.. i always plant two claymores in high traffic corners AND have a 3rd waiting.

run SitRep.... then you dont have to worry about my claymores. but i do CAMP my claymores
Old 01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Okay I give up. How do I plant more than 1 claymore? Do I need to level up more? Currently at 39 or 40 I think.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Lord

Default Dirty Camper - Lesson #1: Multiple Claymores

Okay I give up. How do I plant more than 1 claymore? Do I need to level up more? Currently at 39 or 40 I think.
hehe.. here's the SECRET... shhhhhhhhh.. dont tell anyone else.

Create two classes.
Class #1 - has One Man Army and Claymores
Class #2 - has Scavenger and Claymores

When the match starts.. use Class #1. Plant the claymore... hide and use OMA to switch to Class #2.

Once you get class #2.. plant the second claymore. when an enemy dies... use scavenger to pick up those small blue bags (they refill you). once you pick it up, you have a 3rd claymore BUT you cant plant it. you can only have 2 claymore planted at once. if you plant the 3rd one.. the first two blow up.

once one blows... plant the one you have.. and pick up another. NEVER ENDING CLAYMORES!!!! i love it!

This is the end of Dirty Camper Lesson #1. Lesson #2, How to plant a "dirty" claymore will be later.

Last edited by Hebiki; 01-04-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: no title
Old 01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cheater! Game-on.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Lord

Cheater! Game-on.
its not cheating. its part of the game.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.