Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Pissed off Wife with RC >

Pissed off Wife with RC

Pissed off Wife with RC

Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pissed off Wife with RC

I need some serious suggestions of how to mellow out the wife when it comes to RC. She sees the hobby as a waste of money and time, which I can agree to some extent; but I work real hard and need my fun on the weekends.

Any ideas of how to get her to like the hobby, or get involved? She's pretty stubborn.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

u need some quality time. If u know what I mean. Now u gotta buy her the diamond ring.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

That is a tough situation. The best way is to be honest and tell her that it is important to you...life is more important than a hobby, cut back a c-hair and she will notice...
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BuggyKing View Post
u need some quality time. If u know what I mean. Now u gotta buy her the diamond ring.
Heh. We have lots of quality time. She just loves to hate whatever hobby I get in to. If I'm not doing something around the house or working, she'll be pissed.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've been there. !1st how long have you been married? And did you race before the Vows.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This, in no way, is an easy topic. There has to be a back story. Has she always been indifferent or against the hobby? Does she work? Be honest with yourself, eff us, do you do things around the house she asks you to(this question is pretty much rhetorical. as mentioned, be honest with yourself on this? Do you do it every weekend?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

I am a newbie to racing. I only started a few months ago really.

I'm a pretty handy guy, but I need my fun too. I do stuff around the house all the time, albiet some things are not finished. But nonetheless, I work 70 hour+ weeks with my own business and I need some chill out time or I'll go crazy. Anyone else have wives like this?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by segmentfault View Post
If I'm not doing something around the house or working, she'll be pissed.
I can help you here. My wife told me she wanted some painting done. So I did all day. I was calling it a day when she said she wanted to get it done.
I said hold this and handed her the paint brush. I then looked her in the Eye and said yep just what I thought.? It fits your hand to. The day was over.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Lord

I am a newbie to racing. I only started a few months ago really.

I'm a pretty handy guy, but I need my fun too. I do stuff around the house all the time, albiet some things are not finished. But nonetheless, I work 70 hour+ weeks with my own business and I need some chill out time or I'll go crazy. Anyone else have wives like this?
Are you spending way to much time and money on it? Some times the obsession can cause over spending? time a
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yeah, too much too soon can kill her acceptance of it. Almost did with my lady.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Heh. We have lots of quality time. She just loves to hate whatever hobby I get in to. If I'm not doing something around the house or working, she'll be pissed.
sounds to me like you need to build a track in your back yard and it will solve almost everything...

that or get her a puppy or a diamond
Old 10-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Tell her R/C is good because it pretty much guarantees that you'll never cheat on her, cause there are ZERO women at the track...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Unless you're in a poor financial situation and have other, more significant family needs that aren't being met...there's no reason she shouldn't support it. Or at least not crab at you about it.

RC is time consuming if you race and it can also be expensive.

But, you may also want to sit down and point out that it's cheaper than golf and you're not out getting drunk with your buddies at night either.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Well for me it wasn't the "right" thing to do... But it got my point accross after much debate that went nowhere.

I had told her a million times that I just needed time away and I was going to get it one way or the other... Her idea? Why don't you go hang out with your friends!?

Well... I thought about this for a minute, and said OK honey.

Well most of my friends have yet to grow up, (Other than my R/C friends) and their idea of a good time is going to the gentlemens club and getting hammered.

How many weekends do you think it took before she was BEGGING me to go back to RC racing?

Once again.. I didn't want it to come to that, but thats how I had to get the point across. Worked really well in fact! LOL...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Although on the womens side of the argument... Look how many of us are obsessed enough to be up in the middle of the night on an RC Forum to answer this question!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.