Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Pissed off Wife with RC >

Pissed off Wife with RC

Pissed off Wife with RC

Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by segmentfault View Post
This thread received a lot of attention I see.

There were some great comments and suggestions, however almost all of them I have tried. Someone said dancing lessons. Yes, she likes those too and has been asking me to go with her. Maybe if I bite but bullet and do those with her, she'll get off my case when it comes to RC.

If you do have a girlfriend, let her know if you ever get married, then rc is a part of your life.

seg
+1 good advice!

Just dont go ott on the racing and hit the track too often, or it will go against you, unless they are cool with it.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If my wife wanted me to take dance lessons I would tell her I wanted her to come pit my car for me.

There is no chance of either happening.

You see how it works?

Women like to argue sometimes dont let them win without a fight. Thats a trap they try and set. Too many men fall for it because they dont want to argue so they cave in.

Stand up for yourself.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

A lot of interesting comments. I got into rc racing last year. My girlfriend of 5 years supported it (she has her own hobbies) We just got married and she will continue to support it. I don't spend tons of money and I only go once a week or so.

You have to sit down and have an honest discussion about "feelings" I know, it sucks, but you need to find out what her issue really is. Tell her how RC racing makes you feel (happy, rejuvenated, relaxed, eager to see her when she gets home, intellectually and socially stimulated) How does your hobby make her feel?

Is it money? she'd rather spend it on herself, mortgage payments, new furniture, tuition savings for the kids, etc. If so, set a budget that you both agree is reasonable for spending money. If you choose to spend your "spending money" on RC, that is your choice. (She gets a budget too ).

Is it time? she would rather you take her on a date, spend a night home watching a movie, visit her parents, or work more (see above) Free time is very important in a healthy relationship. That is the history of bowling nights. Guys need time for themselves, I'm sure she has time for herself when you are at work. Agree on a schedule. Start with one night a week. If you have to miss a night here and there to do something else more important, do it willingly without objection, show her that your life with her is still your priority, even though you have a hobby.

If she can't agree that as the husband, and breadwinner, you DESERVE A) some spending money B) some time to yourself to watch football, go out with friends or race toy cars, then she is either unreasonable or there is an underlying issue she's not being honest about or you're not telling us about.

You must establish whether she dislikes rc OR she dislikes anything that takes time and costs money that you would want to do.

Last edited by bennybtl; 10-12-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thank you all for making this thread. i thought i was the only one. My wife hates my hobby. I have to hear about it everytime i touch my car. I could just be hooking a lipo up to charge and hear a "huff" from her. Its honestly bs and i am very tired of it. Its so harmless and yet i have to deal with this. the big problem is, i wasn't into rc when we got married, i wish i was. And we have a puppy and she has her diamond already liked stated before. I don't know what else to do. I can't even bash around the backyard half the time!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 AM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

If she ever found out what i spent on r/c she would have my manhood
Old 10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Just tell her if she keeps taking all the manly things you enjoy away...its going to turn you gay and your just going to leave her for another man.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

My girlfreind used to hate my rc habbit, said I spent to much time and money on my hobby. I thought about it for a while and said I am selling off all my rc stuff. I then said you love the sun,and water right,she said i love it so we went out and bought a boat. Long story short after 3 months of 125 a week in gas,$490 in boat payment her doing some more work. Boat was sold new Rc stuff bought and she goes and gets her nails done on saturday ! Any thing ever said again ,ending with hey do you want another boat. lmao
Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

My girlfriend races WITH me... every weekend.... and loves it. We have 6 cars between the two of us. Yep... shes a keeper
Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I need some serious suggestions of how to mellow out the wife when it comes to RC. She sees the hobby as a waste of money and time, which I can agree to some extent; but I work real hard and need my fun on the weekends.

Any ideas of how to get her to like the hobby, or get involved? She's pretty stubborn.

I told my wife I needed something to do that I enjoy to relieve stress from work. The choices were hit happy hour a few times a week after work or race rc cars a few times a week. She encouraged me to race. I take her out on a date 1 night a week and she's happy
Old 10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
If she ever found out what i spent on r/c she would have my manhood
+1
Old 10-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Either get drunk or go hang out at the clubs....

Once she finds out that racing radio controlled cars is much better than all the crap you can get into..... she'll appreciate the hobby a little more; unless you are spending mad cash into the hobby and not the home.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
unless you are spending mad cash into the hobby and not the home.
I think that's the case with most people on this forum
Old 10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think that's the case with most people on this forum

Oh no..... not me. My wife is pretty cool about my rc hobby....... it is the other stuff (more expensive than rc) that she is concerned about.

She asked me a month ago why I don't fly my helicopters... what scared me is that she wants to fly one!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This thread is gold I'm going to make my wife read this thread when i get home from work
Old 10-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

There's a scientific equation to this.

M/F = STL

Moaning/how fit (good looking) she is = shit tolerance level.

Some people (blokes as well as chicks) just enjoy moaning.
Mostly it's because they are not happy with something else in their life.

i've found that you have to have a certain level of ground rules.
Certain things that you feel so strongly about that you basically have to admit to your other half that i'm not me without it.

For me it's bikes and cars.
It's a foregone that i will spend time on money on my cars and bikes, no matter what she says or what she does that's not going to change.

If i didn't have them as a hobby i'd be a different person so not the person she fel in love with.

She used to ask how much stuff cost, but i'd be honest every single time, of course she'd argue but i'd say i've saved 10 times that amount that month, i've paid all the bills and the mortgage so exactly what am i supposed to do with the money instead of making meself happy.
She soon realised that no matter what she says i'll still spend a certain percentage of my earnings on hobbies, so for a easy life she simply doesn't bother asking how much now.

So to enable us to give you the best advice possible we need pics

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.