Like Tree218Likes

Formula 1...

Old 03-01-2002, 10:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm happy as long as I see the stuff before I here about it on Sportcenter. That used to piss me off, to hear the results of races before I had a chance to watch them.

It was live enough for me.

Plus, as long as Steve Matchet(sp?) is there to keep the new comentators in line, I'm happy.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:06 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The fact that it was on a delay was fine with me. It's lying and saying "live" about 20 times during the telecast that gets me....
Old 03-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

I like tape delay because they can make sure that they don't miss anything. Thats why there is such great coverage. If you watched the first US grandprix (well...not the first, but the first at Indy 2 years ago) You would know. They showed it LIVE with no tape delay. Things the missed were the minardi car hitting the pitcrew...half the cars that dropped out of the race...the few cars that spun out on 4th....a camera shot of ME. The thing that they really missed was the Ferrari team faking a pitstop so that the jordan car would pit casuing rubens to take the lead and then when rubens made his stop 3 laps later he came out in front of the jordon . Great stuff missed because it was live. I only knew that stuff happened because I was there! .

The next year they tape delayed the race, and didn't miss quite as much. The thing they still missed was ME waving my Ferrari flag oh well..

Tape delay works for me. I think they say "live" to make the people that have no idea whats going on feel better.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Darkseid. If you guys tune into Nascar this weekend.Look for this goof on the roof waving his BMW Banner. Just joking. Will be watching part of the races from the roof if I don't get blown off or tossed off. Cold front came through, or it was my Nascar fanatic buddy who flew in for the races.LOL Temps were in high to mid 70s and calm the last two weeks.Winds were blowing 50+ this morning Now sunny mid 50s for race weekend w/gusty winds. Ought to make tuning interesting.

Thanks for the updates guys.
Johnbull: Goodluck with your son's first race.

Modena I had to put the BMW banner in there when I saw your post. Just ribbing yah. You guys win too much anyway. LOL I picked one up for $30 off a guy at our hotel at Indy last year.

Last edited by MDM3; 03-01-2002 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Regional Moderator

MDM3: have fun at the race this weekend.

Like I said below. Live, one hour delay, whatever. It was live enough for me!
Old 03-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Live for me means not recorded on a VCR
Old 03-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks.The only thing I get is F1.com or maybe a 2 line article in the corner of our local paper , 2 days later

Last edited by MDM3; 03-02-2002 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Well, we didn't learn anything from that qualifying session now did we.

Well we learned that some people are too stupid to realized when its going to rain! Duh, I think we should wait a little longer before we go out and get in some good laps, duhhhhh!

Should be a good race, lets hope the rain stays away.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

heh, good ol barri and schumie make it top 2 ha. My friends gonna be ticked off.
Old 03-02-2002, 11:39 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

7 hours from now, I hope to have enough of my schoolwork done that I can kick back on the couch and watch some well deserved Formula 1 from Australia. I don't know who that I am cheering for this year.

McNish is a Scot too isn't he? I have been cheering for Coulthard because he was Scot, but he really didn't show me too much last year.

I am very interested to see how this Toyota upstart team is going to do in F-1. I think that they have been learning a lot from the CART series for years, and hopefully they will be able to use it.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Shame Toyota had to drop out of the Le-mans 24hr and World rally to compete in F1.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Regional Moderator

You guys remember what I was saying about Jagaur and Eddie Irvine? Now look at their team. Next to last row of the grid. The sad part is, I don't think they would have improved upon that much, even if the rain hadn't have come. How embarrassing for Ford/Jagaur. I would have to think that the big wigs at Ford aren't going to allow this much longer.
Old 03-02-2002, 05:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Good Luck for Ralf Schumacher and his team
Old 03-02-2002, 09:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Man that was some race huh? Too bad about Rubens and Ralf at the beggining.

I of course am happy about the result, but I would have liked to see more cars finish the first race of the year.

Raikkonen is off to a good start. He managed to match Montoya's speed, so maybe that will put to rest some people's questions about whether he deserves all the attention he got last year.

As for M. Schumacher and Ferrari, man what can we say? That was just amazing!

Definitely looking forward to the next race.
Old 03-02-2002, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 10pm = really late???

Originally posted by Modena AL

my guess:

Pole: Schuey.
Win: Schuey.
Pole: Rubens 2nd Schuey. C'mon.... it was only .005 seconds
Win: Schuey. No autographs please

Well, what can I say....weird race. 8 cars out in the first turn. Why the didn't restart it is beyond me. Maybe they were afraid it would happen again...but still a restart was in order. Glad everyone was ok after the incident.

Schuey: Still on top of his game. Proved he is still the man to beat WITH last years car. Impressive. What a pass he put on Montoya. Smart driving to miss the first corner carnage.

Montoya: Looked real good. Slowed for some reason after schuey passed him. Williams will be strong this year.

Ralf - Caution! Low flying aircraft D'oH!

Benneton...breno...whatever they are now. Looked real fast. Last years ferrari couldn't pull 'em on the strait. Shame trulli hit that "oil slick"

D.C. - no comment.

Raikkonin - good driving from the new guy. Not bad for his second year. With more expericne and a cool head he will go very far.

Miniardi - never have they got so much carmera time in their history

Toyota: an OK first showings. 6th but you have to remember half the field out in the first turn...including the other toyota. Have to watch the next race to see where they really will be.

Jags - Pitiful.

Thats about all I can think of. What would it have been like if 8 cars didn't go out in the first corner? I think it would have been a more interesting race with Rubens and Ralf in the mix. Can't wait for the next race. This season is going to be AWESOME!

Schuey for championship #5

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service