Like Tree286Likes

Formula 1...

Old 02-28-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

It was just an educated guess....sorry everyone
Old 02-28-2002, 07:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Johnbull: I hope you get better in a hurry.

Yes, I'm happy with the way this thread is turning out so far. Really though, the real test will come after the qualifying and race is over and someone's favorite driver or team doesn't do so well and the team they hate does really well or something like that. Thats the real test of how people will handle themselves.

Remember guys, please don't give them any reason to shut down this thread. We have all seen the dedicated F1 baords before, so I don't have to lay down what not to do, just think of those boards..............and do the opposite!

I'm getting old(25) so it'll be hard, but I'll be up really late(10pm central time) to see the live practice for the race. The people who have kids know I'm not exaggerating about the old at 25 and staying up late at a whopping 10pm.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Default 10pm = really late???

I must be really young then....10pm is lunch time for me

my guess:

Pole: Schuey.
Win: Schuey.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Mondena AL: its the kids man! THey suck out all your energy. Their like little vacuums!

I like your predictions. I'm not sure how likely it is, but I like it.

More bad news for Ferrari. Their actually considering running the F2001 car again for the race in Malaysia. I guess its only bad news if the car shows to be totally outclassed by the other teams' newer cars. Which I doubt it will be.

None the less, I wish they would hurry on with the F2002. Apparently, the problem is that they haven't got to run any of those extended test. You know, where they run the car for like 70-80 laps to see if the anything will give out. Imagine being the test driver who has to run all those laps!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Testing F1 cars.....how on earth do you get a job like that *sigh*
Old 02-28-2002, 12:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Well first you make it to F1, then you suck at it or someone underminds you and stills your race ride, and then some team feels sorry for you and lets you do test driving. I know, I know its a horrible job.......but somebody has to do it!
Old 02-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Bah being a back stabbing engineer is far more immportant to manufacturers then the test drivers You can get inside info on the top teams
Old 02-28-2002, 01:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Yokomo Fan: and if you play your cards right you can sell that info to other teams.

And of course theres nothing wrong with that!
Old 02-28-2002, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like the old Ferrari chassis and drivers still know what they are doing.LOL Were they as dominating as what is written?

Is Button still on loan from Williams?
The Ferrari boys really know their art.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Darkside, if you're old at 25, then I'm prehistoric at 55.

Yes I know what you mean about Kids. my Daughter is 23, and son Josh is 19 this coming Monday.

He makes his real race car debut this Sunday, and I'm busy trying to get his car right, since he works till 5.30 pm every day.

And as for going to bed at 10, well you wait till your kids grow to the age where they finish work at 5.30 then expect you to help them work on their race cars till 11 at night or later, after you too have done a day's work.

The bad news is that I am still very much in pain and don't know if I'll be racing Sunday. Pity.

Great thread so far. Keep it up boys.

I'm just going to switch over to see how Friday practice went.

Back later.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys.

Just back from formula1.com.

Interesting first practice. Michael & Rubens quickest by a country mile. Question is how much fuel were they running. We will never know.

Williams next is also interesting, and of course Heifeld next in the Sauber - with new boy Massa 10th is pretty impressive too, as is Salo's 6th in the Toyota and Raikonen's 7th for Mc Laren.

We'll see what given under equal conditions tomorrow.

Hope the weather keeps dry.

regards

Joe.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Johnbull: As you know, I usually don't put much stock in practice times. Remember that McLaren was winning a lot of practices last year, and qualifying 4-5 or 6 on the qualifying grid.

But after watching the qualifying last night, it was clear that all the teams were trying to go as fast as possible before practice was concluded. So these times might not be as off as with McLaren last year.

I doubt Ferrari was running superlite fuel loads. Even as fast as Schumacher was, he was still quite a bit off from his qualifying time of last year. Considering there were no rules changes over the off season, if they were running lite, you would expect him to be closer to that time.

But, again, last year proved that practice doesn't mean crap. We are never sure what type of practice the teams are trying to get in.

Toyota was quite impressive. Their cars just plain looked fast. You can never count out a team with an unlimited budget.

I think this may be Eddie Irvine's last season. He talks so much $#%!, but never seems to be able to even beat his own team mate. Where was he 16th after yesterdays practice? Pathetic.

Still doesn't look like Renault has gotten their crap together. They can blame J. Button all they want. Fact is the guy was fast with William's, I don't think he suddenly lost all his skills. That leaves one thing....the car. They just are fast enough.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:32 AM
Regional Moderator

It was great to be scoping out F1 again. Qualifying tonight should be spectacular.

Rain, rain go away! I hope the qualifying is rain free.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Johnbull: sorry to hear your in pain. Good to see you still have your sense of humor though.

MDM3: yes, this is the last year of that J. Button loan to Renault. After seeing a totally crappy car in practice last night, I think he'll be happy to get away from that team.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:04 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have just one complaint, the guys on NA$CAR TV kept saying "live" during the practice when anybody who knew anything knew that the session had ended an hour before they went on the air. At this point though, Iím happy for any bone that NA$CAR will throw my way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service