Like Tree286Likes

Formula 1...

Reply

Old 09-10-2019, 01:38 PM
  #15706  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
It does seem like it's a lot of trouble with that company if you go by Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Energy
that’s an understatement. Seems like a scam. Remember reading when asked how many drinks they had sold, the response was something like “ we have produced over 18,000 cans”. But couldn’t say if any had actually sold. Or even filled.


Just imagine if they had been able to buy Force India, instead of just being Haas sponsor
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:29 PM
  #15707  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 805
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

thatís an understatement. Seems like a scam. Remember reading when asked how many drinks they had sold, the response was something like ď we have produced over 18,000 cansĒ. But couldnít say if any had actually sold. Or even filled.


Just imagine if they had been able to buy Force India, instead of just being Haas sponsor
The money needs to come from some place, getting involved in F1 isn't something you do "just for fun".
So, yeah... something is fishy!
Billy Kelly likes this.
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:05 PM
  #15708  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
The money needs to come from some place, getting involved in F1 isn't something you do "just for fun".
So, yeah... something is fishy!
Definitely. While back I read that some of the financial details between Haas and Rich Energy were going to be available to public after that trademark infringement case. Never saw much follow up. More just curious. The figure I did see posted couple times just didnít seem believable for a main sponsor.

Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:34 PM
  #15709  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 805
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Definitely. While back I read that some of the financial details between Haas and Rich Energy were going to be available to public after that trademark infringement case. Never saw much follow up. More just curious. The figure I did see posted couple times just didnít seem believable for a main sponsor.

The top teams spend in excess of $500 millions each year, some years I believe that has been per car, so $1 billion for a year.
The smaller teams spends about half that I believe. Just the small jack they use for the pit stop cost around $5 millions.
So... yeah, you need to sell a lot of energy drinks to pay for that!
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:10 PM
  #15710  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
The top teams spend in excess of $500 millions each year, some years I believe that has been per car, so $1 billion for a year.
The smaller teams spends about half that I believe. Just the small jack they use for the pit stop cost around $5 millions.
So... yeah, you need to sell a lot of energy drinks to pay for that!
Iíve seen the big, overall numbers. Mercedes, Ferrari, Redbull, spend almost more the all the others combined.

Itís more what sponsors pay that has my curiosity. I think it was around 1990. I saw a article from a NASCAR team that gave a fairly general breakdown of what sponsors pay, depending on location of the logo. Back then it was around 1 million for season to get that prime ďhoodĒ spot.

The number I saw for Rich Energy was around the same. That Haas got 26 million. Just seemed to be low, considering the massive cost difference from F1 to NASCAR.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:30 AM
  #15711  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 805
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Iíve seen the big, overall numbers. Mercedes, Ferrari, Redbull, spend almost more the all the others combined.

Itís more what sponsors pay that has my curiosity. I think it was around 1990. I saw a article from a NASCAR team that gave a fairly general breakdown of what sponsors pay, depending on location of the logo. Back then it was around 1 million for season to get that prime ďhoodĒ spot.

The number I saw for Rich Energy was around the same. That Haas got 26 million. Just seemed to be low, considering the massive cost difference from F1 to NASCAR.
Yes it's a big difference on what spot they pay for, just like newspapers etc. I believe the team picks up half the cost and sponsors the rest, according to one source, but is probably different for different teams.
It was Colin Chapman that thought of the idea from the beginning, and it might not be a bad idea for rc racing as well to consider bringing in outside money, he had some great ideas that man.
Lets see if the new rules for costs will work for everyone, a lot of the tools and equipment would be made universal for the teams. Looking at other motorsports it has worked very well, like SuperBike where the world championship has free regulations regarding electronics and the top teams spends ridiculous amounts of money to stay ahead, and in the British SuperBike championship they must all use the same electronics. It has made the racing so close that riders leave the WC to ride in the British for a year or two to sharpen their skills while waiting for a top team to pick them up in the WC.
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:24 AM
  #15712  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default



Funny you mentioned the RC racing world looking for outside sponsors. I canít remember who it was. Few years back, had gotten an outside the industry sponsor. The logo looked similar to the Arrma brand logo. Remember racing about it. If remember right was forced to remove it. Canít remember who it was
Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
Yes it's a big difference on what spot they pay for, just like newspapers etc. I believe the team picks up half the cost and sponsors the rest, according to one source, but is probably different for different teams.
It was Colin Chapman that thought of the idea from the beginning, and it might not be a bad idea for rc racing as well to consider bringing in outside money, he had some great ideas that man.
Lets see if the new rules for costs will work for everyone, a lot of the tools and equipment would be made universal for the teams. Looking at other motorsports it has worked very well, like SuperBike where the world championship has free regulations regarding electronics and the top teams spends ridiculous amounts of money to stay ahead, and in the British SuperBike championship they must all use the same electronics. It has made the racing so close that riders leave the WC to ride in the British for a year or two to sharpen their skills while waiting for a top team to pick them up in the WC.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:15 AM
  #15713  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 805
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


Funny you mentioned the RC racing world looking for outside sponsors. I canít remember who it was. Few years back, had gotten an outside the industry sponsor. The logo looked similar to the Arrma brand logo. Remember racing about it. If remember right was forced to remove it. Canít remember who it was

Maybe RCGP will be the ticket, exposure and frequent racing from the top drivers is necessary if someone is going to spend money on it. But then again, they could probably run several seasons of rc from the coffee jar money of one of the F1 teams, so it could be money well spent.
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:19 AM
  #15714  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
Maybe RCGP will be the ticket, exposure and frequent racing from the top drivers is necessary if someone is going to spend money on it. But then again, they could probably run several seasons of rc from the coffee jar money of one of the F1 teams, so it could be money well spent.
I know itís off the thread topic, whatís RCGP?
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:30 AM
  #15715  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,073
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Keep in mind that Haas' budget is tiny. That was the whole point of doing things the way they are, to save money.
wingracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:57 AM
  #15716  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Keep in mind that Haas' budget is tiny. That was the whole point of doing things the way they are, to save money.
Haas wants to save money, Fire the Frenchman. Imagine the bill for cars damaged this season alone.

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 09-11-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:10 AM
  #15717  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 805
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I know itís off the thread topic, whatís RCGP?
1/8 Buggy World Series: https://www.rc-gp.com/
There is some threads here on the forum as well.


Yes, back to business, sorry for the detour.
Billy Kelly likes this.
NitroVein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:38 AM
  #15718  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NitroVein View Post
1/8 Buggy World Series: https://www.rc-gp.com/
There is some threads here on the forum as well.


Yes, back to business, sorry for the detour.
Thanks. Not my thing for RC.

I did find the logo that was considered too close to the Arrma, it was Rockstar. Energy drink.


The new 18Ē rims look just right.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...cus_composer=0
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:23 AM
  #15719  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Didn’t know that F1 once had a sponsorship ban. Seems ridiculous now.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...cus_composer=0
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:46 PM
  #15720  
Tech Elite
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 3,104
Default

Is f1 really going to get rid of qualifying?
Dave_S is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service